What's new

Is Chennai losing out to SriCity?

It has both good news and bad news. Sri City is free of hassles, neat , less traffic and low cost. TN has what , what we did to Bangalore in the name of hosur in the past. Also agree, economic growth in TN have slowed a lot due to political fights and corruption, and TN as a whole is losing taxes.

Good things are majority of the people employed are from Chennai, as the companies find easier to recruit people from here. If I own a company, and presented a option of exporting from Chennai's port, I shall blindly chose Sri City and Krishnapatnam port. However with L&T port at Kattupalli operational, Krishnapatnam is going to face tough competition.
Its good for over all India. But employment activities are downward trend in Chennai. Hope it gets improved. AIADMK maintains law and order well, but on attracting investments it have sucked.

Foreigners do visit small cities. The problem is the terrain.

In Himalayas there is only so much you can do in terms of human interaction.

When we had earthquake in Sikkim, there was a major crisis. Why? Because we have only one roadway access to the rest of the country. Rest is all forest and hill tracts. As a result IAF and Army had a real headache to get to us.

This is not the case with metro cities.

BTW if you notice, a lot of non-English speakers visit small towns and they write good about our country.

Just some people have issues with it.

NE's beauty must be conserved at all cost but we should try to avoid building to much there a special model should be introduced for the development if that region

It is returned back to what it was but what we need is a major airport. And more national highways.

There is a lot of work suddenly being done from strategic standpoint which is pretty good.

The airport at Pakyong is the game changer. If they make it an open, market-oriented airport, it will save me loads of hours travelling to Bagdogra and then to Delhi for my international work missions. Not just mine but for a lot of people from our state including traders, SME owners etc.

The New govt has awarded the Lion's share of road budget to NE so the highway situation will definitely improve

NE's beauty must be conserved at all cost but we should try to avoid building to much there a special model should be introduced for the development if that region

The New govt has awarded the Lion's share of road budget to NE so the highway situation will definitely improve

I know but personally, we could do with one commercial airport. It is not such a big deal. Even Switzerland has airports being ecologically sensitive. Same for Arunachal. Even there, people could do with one civil airport. Small one but one at least. The air connectivity beyond Assam, Nagaland, Tripura, Manipur and Mizoram is zero.

I know but personally, we could do with one commercial airport. It is not such a big deal. Even Switzerland has airports being ecologically sensitive. Same for Arunachal. Even there, people could do with one civil airport. Small one but one at least. The air connectivity beyond Assam, Nagaland, Tripura, Manipur and Mizoram is zero.

I Am all for airports in each state of NE what i was saying that greenery of the region should be maintained

It has both good news and bad news. Sri City is free of hassles, neat , less traffic and low cost. TN has what , what we did to Bangalore in the name of hosur in the past. Also agree, economic growth in TN have slowed a lot due to political fights and corruption, and TN as a whole is losing taxes.

Good things are majority of the people employed are from Chennai, as the companies find easier to recruit people from here. If I own a company, and presented a option of exporting from Chennai's port, I shall blindly chose Sri City and Krishnapatnam port. However with L&T port at Kattupalli operational, Krishnapatnam is going to face tough competition.
Its good for over all India. But employment activities are downward trend in Chennai. Hope it gets improved. AIADMK maintains law and order well, but on attracting investments it have sucked.

For now :) ...

By the way how is Paneerselvam doing as CM?? & does he sit in the CM's chamber at all or has he left it vacant for the return of Amma?

Sir, are there any IT/Service sector industries in North-East India?

& can u tell us what other industries are located here?

For now :) ...

By the way how is Paneerselvam doing as CM?? & does he sit in the CM's chamber at all or has he left it vacant for the return of Amma?

Sir, are there any IT/Service sector industries in North-East India?

& can u tell us what other industries are located here?

Dont know. But it seems corruption have increased inTN, demanding money from companies. Power situation have stabilized. Bad economy management but superb law and order.
During DMK time, economy would be good, and land rates will sky rocket due to their family having percentage in every big contruction houses. But worst in law and order. We need to choose the best from the worst.

Cbn rocks our siddaramayya sucks ..

you know a reporter once asked siddaramayya about the moves that cbn is taking might hit investment in karnataka to which he responded with a reply

"no one can challenge our karnataka , karnataka is no 1"

ok , but tell you what its a very dumb way to respond , our state already lost two big proj to AP , one being hero motorcorp plant which was to be setup in north karnataka . Siddu is busy being loyal to his masters in delhi (antonio maino ) instead of improving infra and increasing investments , pleasing minorities etc seem to be high on priority.

while CBN is a shrewd politician , we all know how he developed hyderabad , if siddu gets another term our state will go in drains.

you know a reporter once asked siddaramayya about the moves that cbn is taking might hit investment in karnataka to which he responded with a reply

"no one can challenge our karnataka , karnataka is no 1"

ok , but tell you what its a very dumb way to respond , our state already lost two big proj to AP , one being hero motorcorp plant which was to be setup in north karnataka . Siddu is busy being loyal to his masters in delhi (antonio maino ) instead of improving infra and increasing investments , pleasing minorities etc seem to be high on priority.

while CBN is a shrewd politician , we all know how he developed hyderabad , if siddu gets another term our state will go in drains.

Well let's hope then you get a good govt in the next election & no need for so much pessimism I am from Delhi & we have just voted Commies into power do I look depressed

Dear friends....do we need to really discuss about inter city competetion in an international forum? Do you feel , it looks good when people from Hyd and Chennai start talking -ve thing of each other...Although i am neither from Chennai not from AP, i feel that this thread should be responded by our people with caution not to mallign each other..

Dear friends....do we need to really discuss about inter city competetion in an international forum? Do you feel , it looks good when people from Hyd and Chennai start talking -ve thing of each other...Although i am neither from Chennai not from AP, i feel that this thread should be responded by our people with caution not to mallign each other..
Naa..... its good Sri city is coming up. The point is Chennai has its hands full already. Develpoment happening that is important.

It's nice that we are having competition but i will request not to malign each other for the sake of argument.
I just want to see the day when Amravati will be build. It will truly be a world class ultra modern city.

Chennai is almost twice the size of bangalore, it already grown beyond its limits. Dont congest chennai further, TN govt should focus on developing southern tamil nadu, tuticorin is the best choice. Execute sethu samudra project, then no one can stop growth of tuticorin. Once executed srilankan ports will loose its significance, all merchant navy ships crossing indian ocean will only prefer tuticorin port. It has the potential to become like chennai.

Amma maintains law and order, but sucks in business. Karuna does well with investments but sucks with law and order.

I agree with you this is not the place to discuss

Back
Top Bottom