What's new

Is blasphemy a pardonable offense?

There are other Islamic countries that have adopted Shariah to a far greater degree than Pakistan has - Saudi Arabia for example.

Let us not kid ourselves - Pakistani laws are in direct contravention of Shariah.
Do the non-Muslims of Pakistan pay Jizya?
Do the Muslims pay zakat?
Is Pakistani financial system not based on riba'a?
Is there amputation for crime like thievery ?

If the answer is No, then No, Pakistan has not implemented Shariah.

Do the non-Muslims of Pakistan pay Jizya?
No longer a part of Sharia, this was never a part of the essential elements of Sharia.
Jizya in Islam
Do the Muslims pay zakat?
Yes, they do. Those who don't are in violation of Pakistani law.
Zakat and Ushr Department
Is Pakistani financial system not based on riba'a?
Internally, no, Islamic Banking is prevalent. If you're talking about the global/geopolitical aspect, that's an entirely different matter.
Is there amputation for crime like thievery ?
That is again not part of the essential aspects of Islamic Law - the purpose behind amputation is to create deterrence, and many scholars even consider the amputation part to be figurative (i.e do not literally cut off the hand). Additionally, the punishment can only be applied to major thefts.
As it is not an essential principle, scholars and jurists have the capability to amend this if they reasonably wish to.
Misconception: Islam and The Quran orders hands to be cut offfor theft
Reading Anti-Islam websites doesn't make you an expert in Islamic Law.

No longer a part of Sharia, this was never a part of the essential elements of Sharia.
Jizya in Islam
Whether or not it is an 'essential part', it is a part yes?
So if Jizya is a part of Shariah/Law of God, then it should be implemented. You cannot cherry pick what to implement and what not to. Only hypocrites would do that.
Thankyou for this information.
Internally, no, Islamic Banking is prevalent. If you're talking about the global/geopolitical aspect, that's an entirely different matter.
The answer is a clear no. Pakistan's internal financial system(let alone international financial system) runs on riba. Pakistan is in clear violation of Shariah.
Having a couple of Islamic banks does not mean that your financial system is not running on interest system. Do I have to pull out what Pakistani Central Bank does or will you accede this ?

That is again not part of the essential aspects of Islamic Law - the purpose behind amputation is to create deterrence, and many scholars even consider the amputation part to be figurative (i.e do not literally cut off the hand). Additionally, the punishment can only be applied to major thefts.
As it is not an essential principle, scholars and jurists have the capability to amend this if they reasonably wish to.
Reading Anti-Islam websites doesn't make you an expert in Islamic Law.
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia seems to differ with you and considering that Islam originated in Saudi Arabia and that Quran and all Hadiths are written in Arabic, it would be obvious that KSA would have enough resources and literature to decide what constitutes Sharia.

I dont pretend to be a scholar on Islam sir, I call @Zarvan and @RAMPAGE who are better versed than me to explain the finer points. No one is anti-anything here, all I said is that it is hypocritical for a nation that separated in the name of Islam to not govern itself based on the 'Laws of God' as stated in Islam even after 65 years of independence.

Last edited:
Jizya in Islam

Reading Anti-Islam websites doesn't make you an expert in Islamic Law
So if Jizya is a part of Shariah/Law of God, then it should be implemented. You cannot cherry pick what to implement and what not to. Only hypocrites would do that.

The answer is a clear no. Pakistan's internal financial system(let alone international financial system) runs on riba. Pakistan is in clear violation of Shariah.
Having a couple of Islamic banks does not mean that your financial system is not running on interest system. Do I have to pull out what Pakistani Central Bank does or will you accede this ?

Kingdom of Saudi Arabia seems to differ with you and considering that Islam originated in Saudi Arabia and that Quran and all Hadiths are written in Arabic, it would be obvious that KSA would have enough resources and literature to decide what constitutes Sharia.

I dont pretend to be a scholar on Islam sir, I call @Zarvan and @RAMPAGE who are better versed than me to explain the finer points. No one is anti-anything here, all I said is that it is hypocritical for a nation that separated in the name of Islam to not govern itself based on the 'Laws of God' as stated in Islam even after 65 years of independence.
Are you Muslim ?

No one is anti-anything here, all I said is that it is hypocritical for a nation that separated in the name of Islam to not govern itself based on the 'Laws of God' as stated in Islam even after 65 years of independence
BS. Pakistan NEVER separated in the name of Islam. Rather it was Muslim nationalism and their lust for majority rule against Hindu majority Union of India!

BS. Pakistan NEVER separated in the name of Islam. Rather it was Muslim nationalism and their lust for majority rule against Hindu majority Union of India!
Lo bhai me phir ewain ghalat fahmion ke saath kaam chala raha hoon.

If its about Junaid Jamsheed the guy qouted the story from Shih e Bukhari , and someone online gave a reference of the book (I clicked on it to view what the real story was and what he stated), and number I clicked on it once and 100% correct reference not sure why that guy is being harassed, that book only has "statements verified by some highly big entities who lived in Prophet's time" multiple people who attest that statement

He is not going back to forming the new Vital Signs anytime soon , get over that folks he is not going back singing

However , it was quite sad to see online videos of Pakistani Mullahs condemning him clearly shows we have a problem with this issue and constitutional note

If its about Junaid Jamsheed the guy qouted the story from Shih e Bukhari , and someone online gave a reference of the book , and number I clicked on it once and 100% correct reference not sure why that guy is being harassed
Because he INSULTED the women in the name of Hadhrat Aisha, that's why!

You can either have Islam, or you can have Pakistani nationalism. You CANNOT have both! Decide! :D
So lets say I choose the Islam, what would be the essential differences in your opinion as opposed to me choosing Pakistani nationalism ?

So lets say I choose the Islam, what would be the essential differences in your opinion as opposed to me choosing Pakistani nationalism ?

ISLAMISM and NATIONALISM are two COMPLETELY different terminologies. Islamism knows no national boundaries. Any Muslim, from any nation, ethnicity, race or sex can become an Islamist. Same doesn't apply for a nationalist. I will give you a few examples:
Iran-Iraq war lasted from 1980 - 1988. Two nation states were involved in it. No outsider fought this war for each other.
Now compare it with ISIS against Syria, Iraq and Iran. Thousands of Islamist Jihadists from across the globe of various nationalities, ethnicities joining in to "HELP" ISIS against its enemies. See the difference or need more help? Western concept of nationalism is NOT compatible with ISLAM, yet alone Democracy :D

Again, as far as Maududi is concerned, you can call him a terrorist but a large number of Pakistanis consider him a hero. He is the inspiration and his teachings a driving force for millions of Muslims in Pakistan. Why is your version more credible over theirs?

Because that's how things work, kiddo. People have conflicting beliefs. Millions of people in the US think Obama is a good president, while millions others think he is one of the worst people to come. There's no such thing as a "correct" version when it comes to opinion.

Because he INSULTED the women in the name of Hadhrat Aisha, that's why!

Only video I saw was he was telling a story to some youth about how Ayesha used to demand attraction (which all women naturally do) and he used a example from book to compare and make a point.

The books are there to make these comparisons of modern day scenarios (present day people ) to how the issue was handled in past ...

again... its not my expertise I did not see anything wired in what Junaid Sahib stated , he used a story from Book But the video I saw just talked about that story from book

Reference:
Hadith - Book of Patients - Sahih al-Bukhari - Sunnah.com - Sayings and Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم)

Narrated Al-Qasim bin Muhammad:

ہم سے یحییٰ بن یحییٰ ابو زکریا نے بیان کیا ، کہا ہم کو سلیمان بن بلال نے خبر دی ، ان سے یحییٰ بن سعید نے ، کہ میں نے قاسم بن محمد سے سنا ،

عائشہ رضی اللہ عنہا نے کہاہائے رے سر !

اس پر رسول اللہ صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم نے فرمایا اگر ایسا میری زندگی میں ہو گیا , تو میں تمہارے لیے استغفار اور دعا کروں گا
(Some sarcastic answer by Husband to wife)

۔ عائشہ رضی اللہ عنہا نے کہا افسوس ، اللہ کی قسم ! میرا خیال ہے کہ آپ میرا مرجانا ہی پسند کرتے ہیں اور اگر ایسا ہو گیا تو آپ تو اسی دن رات اپنی کسی بیوی کے یہاں گزاریں گے

(Ayesha responds to the sarcastic remark by her own comment, typical wife response wives make )

۔ آنحضرت صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم نے فرمایا بلکہ میں خود درد سر میں مبتلاہوں

(Prophet replied that he has real headache and real problem - and that is his succession - here we see the conversation has shifted to more serious talk )

۔ میرا ارادہ ہوتا تھا کہ ابوبکر رضی اللہ عنہ اور ان کے بیٹے کو بلا بھیجوں اور انہیں ( خلافت کی ) وصیت کر دوں ۔ کہیں ایسا نہ ہو کہ میرے بعد کہنے والے کچھ اور کہیں ( کہ خلافت ہمارا حق ہے ) یا آرزو کرنے والے کسی اور بات کی آرزو کریں ( کہ ہم خلیفہ ہو جائیں ) پھر میں نے اپنے جی میں کہا ( اس کی ضرورت ہی کیا ہے ) خود اللہ تعالیٰ ابوبکر رضی اللہ عنہ کے سو اورکسی کو خلیفہ نہ ہونے دے گا نہ مسلمان اور کسی کی خلافت ہی قبول کریں گے ۔

حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ يَحْيَى أَبُو زَكَرِيَّاءَ، أَخْبَرَنَا سُلَيْمَانُ بْنُ بِلاَلٍ، عَنْ يَحْيَى بْنِ سَعِيدٍ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ الْقَاسِمَ بْنَ مُحَمَّدٍ، قَالَ قَالَتْ عَائِشَةُ وَارَأْسَاهْ‏.‏ فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ ذَاكِ لَوْ كَانَ وَأَنَا حَىٌّ، فَأَسْتَغْفِرُ لَكِ وَأَدْعُو لَكِ ‏"‏‏.‏ فَقَالَتْ عَائِشَةُ وَاثُكْلِيَاهْ، وَاللَّهِ إِنِّي لأَظُنُّكَ تُحِبُّ مَوْتِي، وَلَوْ كَانَ ذَاكَ لَظَلِلْتَ آخِرَ يَوْمِكَ مُعَرِّسًا بِبَعْضِ أَزْوَاجِكَ‏.‏ فَقَالَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ بَلْ أَنَا وَارَأْسَاهْ لَقَدْ هَمَمْتُ أَوْ أَرَدْتُ أَنْ أُرْسِلَ إِلَى أَبِي بَكْرٍ وَابْنِهِ، وَأَعْهَدَ أَنْ يَقُولَ الْقَائِلُونَ أَوْ يَتَمَنَّى الْمُتَمَنُّونَ، ثُمَّ قُلْتُ يَأْبَى اللَّهُ وَيَدْفَعُ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ، أَوْ يَدْفَعُ اللَّهُ وَيَأْبَى الْمُؤْمِنُونَ ‏"‏‏.‏

Reference
: Sahih al-Bukhari 5666
In-book reference : Book 75, Hadith 27
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 7, Book 70, Hadith 570
(deprecated numbering scheme)

I think the problem really is that we need to really ease up on this law, clearly Junaid did not said anything out of context

I added this qoute becasue I am seeing this video of Jamshed apologizing and all this fuzz about stuff , so I am not gona say anything I just provided the outstation from reference

Last edited:
Only video I saw was he was telling a story to some youth about how Ayesha used to demand attraction (which all women naturally do) and he used a example from book to compare and make a point.

The books are there to make these comparisons of modern day scenarios (present day people ) to how the issue was handled in past ...

again... its not my expertise I did not see anything wired in what Junaid Sahib stated , he used a story from Book
But the video I saw just talked about that story from book

He used bigoted and derogatory terms about women in general while giving references to Hadhrat Aisha. This caused havoc in Pakistani clerical community!

Great, so you conveniently ignored the part where I explained how jurists and scholars have the authority to amend the unessential parts under reasonable circumstances.
By your logic I could call every country on Earth hypocritical for not following its own constitution or set of laws - that's how flawed your logic is Sir, please do consider thinking it through.

You are welcome - I am glad that we're having a civilized and a bit progressive argument :tup:
Wrong Sir, an overwhelming portion of Pakistan's finances are managed through Islamic systems.
http://www.sbp.org.pk/departments/pdf/StrategicPlanPDF/Strategy Paper-Final.pdf
http://prr.hec.gov.pk/Thesis/913S.pdf
Why Islamic banking is growing rapidly in Pakistan – The Express Tribune
Those who still violate Islamic rulings, despite an Islamically legal alternative being available, are answerable to God.
The Pakistani authorities have clearly stated their law, so saying that the entire country is in violation would be incorrect.

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia also differs with many of its scholars. They have implemented and amended Sharia while remaining within the reasonable limits - we have every right to disagree with them, as long as we remain within the limits set by Islam - that is the flexibility of the religion.

. No one is anti-anything here, all I said is that it is hypocritical for a nation that separated in the name of Islam to not govern itself based on the 'Laws of God' as stated in Islam even after 65 years of independence.
Pakistan was meant to be a nation for Muslims, not a state governed solely on Islamic Laws.

I understand and respect your point of view though I don't necessarily agree with it.

Back
Top Bottom