What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

For me the F5 is one of the best testbed, if not the best testbed for to develop 4+ gen fighters. You can test nearly all components with it. So me think it is normal to build lots of variants in low numbers of it. Every variant tests an other upgrad/development, if it is avionics, airframe, materials or even engines. Me think the only puzzle piece what is left with the iranian testbeds is an engine with 30+ KN thrust.

Your impoverished country is bankrupt and can't even produce a toilet but this doesn't mean that every country outside the western sphere is as incapable as yours.

You're so triggered & butthurt u can't even handle the fact that Iran has reverse engineered an F-5. Tell me are Iran's missiles and drones fake as well ? Did the US bomb Aramco itself to sell more weapons to the Saudis ? What other delusions do you believe in ?

This isn't about Zimbabwe fartsi, it's about Iran.

I never said Iran couldn't reproduce an F-5, that's just your emotional response to my extreme logic. I said that Kowsar is a fake last minute propaganda project to show off new avionics, not an entirely new plane. Get that in your thick head.

The Iranian Ministry of Defense is mulling the purchase of China’s J-10 multi-role fighter jet, the Sina News Agency reported

https://mil.sina.cn/sd/2020-01-15/detail-iihnzahk4177411.d.html?from=wap

Does anyone have information to confirm this news

Because it seems to me to interpret in the translation that the J-10 is one of the aircraft models that Iran is interested in.
Therefore not yet sure that the choice will be the J-10

Last edited:
J-10? This does not make any sense. The previous defence minister said clearly they were not interested in it. I thought they were after Su-30? What happened? were the Chinese willing to give TOT etc and the Russians were not?

Why on earth is Iran going after 4th gen planes?

J-10? This does not make any sense. The previous defence minister said clearly they were not interested in it. I thought they were after Su-30? What happened? were the Chinese willing to give TOT etc and the Russians were not?

SU-30 is 4th gen anyway. If this report is true (which I doubt), it likely indicates that China is moving into 5th gen faster than anticipated and is comfortable in sharing it's older, but still capable fighter jet technology with Iran at a higher percentage TOT than what Iran got with the SU-30 offer.

There's been dozens of reports like this over the decade. None of them turn out to be true.

SU-30 is 4th gen anyway. If this report is true (which I doubt), it likely indicates that China is moving into 5th gen faster than anticipated and is comfortable in sharing it's older, but still capable fighter jet technology with Iran at a higher percentage TOT than what Iran got with the SU-30 offer.

There's been dozens of reports like this over the decade. None of them turn out to be true.
The Iranian Ministry of Defense is mulling the purchase of China’s J-10 multi-role fighter jet, the Sina News Agency reported

Because it seems to me to interpret in the translation that the J-10 is one of the aircraft models that Iran is interested in.

This type of news has been recycled over the years.

Nonetheless, China has given J-10 Tot to Pakistan so it’s probably the ONLY jet that China is willing to share FULL ToT with Iran.

If Iran does a full ToT type deal contingent on buying 100 J-10 jets it is likely to secure the engine tech which would give a much needed leap in the field. Only reason why Iran would go after J-10 is ToT...nothing else

Local J-10 production with 50-75 J-31s is not a bad combo if Russia refuses to budge on SU-30 partial ToT (full ToT highly unlikely).

have u guys seen this:
J85-5 engines on stealth fighter-size unmanned air vehicle in USA
5GAT%20development.jpg

66589_5gatjanuary2020_413659.jpg

66588_5gatrightrearlkgfwdisoview_912316.jpg

Sierra Technical unveils ‘faster’ and ‘more manoeuvrable’ stealth UAV
DoD Orders New Drone To Simulate Warfare With Russian And Chinese Stealth Jets
Stealthy UAS Unveiled For USAF Target, Loyal Wingman Needs
Sierra Technical Services completes major Milestone on 5GAT Drone for the Department of Defense

WHile many on PDF think and say Iran will buy Russian fighter jets, my bets are that Iran will buy Chinese fighter jets. For one, any country that sells fighter jets to Iran must have the strength to either deter or combat and handle retaliation from the west in the form of sanctions and other negative actions against national interest. China is the bigger threat to the West, has more resources to combat and handle sanctions and opposition activities against CHinese national interests, and also ability to sell good quality, well priced, strong potency military equipment with little political interference or conditions as the basis for sales to other countries.

I've been hearing about Iran buying the J-10 since 2008. Iran has never shown interest in this plane as far as we can tell, matter of fact the previous defence minister clearly stated they are not interested in buying it.

Russia cant and wont sell fighter jets because it cant handle the renewed pressure from EU and US for doing so. Then Iran logic now is this : If Russia cant sell fighter jets, its complete inventory of fighter jets is off the table and unavailable, so Iran must look at the next best option - China. I strongly suspect Iran and China have a secret military ToT(esp. aerospace) deal going on...I dont believe China is that opposed to selling Iran fighter jets, and China's bread and butter fighter jets are still potent(once again, those of you who think military technology is the 1 deciding factor in who wins are always proven wrong).

Russia cant and wont sell fighter jets because it cant handle the renewed pressure from EU and US for doing so. Then Iran logic now is this : If Russia cant sell fighter jets, its complete inventory of fighter jets is off the table and unavailable, so Iran must look at the next best option - China. I strongly suspect Iran and China have a secret military ToT(esp. aerospace) deal going on...I dont believe China is that opposed to selling Iran fighter jets, and China's bread and butter fighter jets are still potent(once again, those of you who think military technology is the 1 deciding factor in who wins are always proven wrong).

I would love to see TOT from china, but what Iran needs to go after is 5th gen planes. Iran should set it its airforce industry to be capable to produce such planes now. Obviously it can only do that in the near future with the help of Russia and/or China. Iran already has the technology for 4th gen planes, in terms of radars, avionics etc.

I've been hearing about Iran buying the J-10 since 2008. Iran has never shown interest in this plane as far as we can tell, matter of fact the previous defence minister clearly stated they are not interested in buying it.
Talk is cheap. We can only know after the sanctions come off later this year. After that happens we can know what is real and will happen and what is hot air talk. Talking was happening since 2008 because there was nothign else to do. Iran couldnt actually buy any plane so what else to do but talk?

Talk is cheap. We can only know after the sanctions come off later this year. After that happens we can know what is real and will happen and what is hot air talk. Talking was happening since 2008 because there was nothign else to do. Iran couldnt actually buy any plane so what else to do but talk?

Remember, Iran could have still have got the TOT from China etc and opened a manufacturing base in Iran. That would not be the same as openly buying a plane which the US could shout "it's against the UNSC resolution". Iran could have just claimed it designed it/made it itself. Plausible deniability. The real reason those nation did not supply Iran with such tech is political pressure, not the sanctions. Strong nations bypass these UN laws like they're meaningless. These laws are only to keep the weaker nations in check.

The UN sanctions will be lifted next year and most likely, from everything I've heard, Iran will be purchasing Russian made jets with technology transfers, most likely SU-30 models.

Both China and Russia will be willing however it has to be a large order, atleast 100-200 jets. any less than 100 and I don't see it happening, it wouldn't be worth the sanctions, reprocussions from the USA.

Iran should also make sure not to pay a penny until they receive the product. They have been let down way too many times in the past.

WHile many on PDF think and say Iran will buy Russian fighter jets, my bets are that Iran will buy Chinese fighter jets. For one, any country that sells fighter jets to Iran must have the strength to either deter or combat and handle retaliation from the west in the form of sanctions and other negative actions against national interest. China is the bigger threat to the West, has more resources to combat and handle sanctions and opposition activities against CHinese national interests, and also ability to sell good quality, well priced, strong potency military equipment with little political interference or conditions as the basis for sales to other countries.

UN sanctions are done in about a year, so they won't be a factor. Again, Iran has to purchase at the very least 100-200 jets for Russia or China to go through with the deal and be willing to deal with the harsh reaction from the USA / west.

Remember, Iran could have still have got the TOT from China etc and opened a manufacturing base in Iran. That would not be the same as openly buying a plane which the US could shout "it's against the UNSC resolution". Iran could have just claimed it designed it/made it itself. Plausible deniability. The real reason those nation did not supply Iran with such tech is political pressure, not the sanctions. Strong nations bypass these UN laws like they're meaningless. These laws are only to keep the weaker nations in check.

Back
Top Bottom