What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

when I look at the digital cockpit of Kowsar I get so impressed . This is because I fully understand what has been involved into making each subsystem of this cockpit. I have worked in Western military aviation all my 40 year career and if you count the number of Electronic subsystems in this aircraft you realize what a mammoth task it has been to design,build,test and airworthy qualify each of them. Now keep in mind that a Western engineer sitting in a nice desk with all the data/spc sheets of every component he wishes to use (and he has at least 6 different choices for each let say microprocessor he intends to select). Compare that to the Iranian engineer sitting on his desk and having to shoehorn his design based on what he can get in the sanctioned market of Iran and he is lucky to get a translated let say Russian or chinese data sheet. Putting all the subsystem together making them work together (integration) is another story...this is all assuming that the aircraft itself is already done all the CAD drawings in place and of course the engine and landing gear and ejection seat also done (which is a whole new story all by themselves)... now the only sin that Iranians have done is that the physical external shape of this aircraft is similar to a f**king F5 and because of that this whole project is poof!....I can understand if an idiot western military observer will try to focus on this single sin and playdown this fantastic achivement ... but for all those Iranian in this forum please do not be fooled by what you read or see in the western media ...have faith and pride in what has been done (no country has ever been able to do such a feast under these condition...the closest I can think of is north korea and they are not even close)

I couldn't have said it better myself. Most people think that just because two planes look similar from the outside, they must also be similar from the inside. But this is completely wrong. A lot of planes look similar from the outside but what differentiates similar looking planes from the outside is a completely different set of avionics and powerplant on the inside. Iran's F-5's and F-14's look similar to American planes from the outside but they need regular maintenance to fly. Since they are flying today, it is a pretty safe conclusion that Iran has replaced US components with its own versions and does its own maintenance to keep them up to the original performance spec. The internals of a US F-14 and an Iranian F-14 would look very different today despite looking similar from the outside since many US parts would be replaced with Iranian components in the last few decades as Iran got better at reverse engineering. In Iran's case, without any kind of manual or guide, upgrading avionics or replacing the engines require them to know exactly how those avionics and engines are designed and function in order to do it on a level of technical self sufficiency. Trying to figure out how avionics or engines work while the plane is powered down on the ground is an insanely complicated, time consuming, and difficult process that few countries can do, and that's WITH a manual. It is easier to understand how the flight systems and engines work inflight but you can't open a plane's assembly while it's flying so you have to learn it all from scratch while the avionics are basically in ground mode and the engine is at low power which makes it harder to replicate flying conditions to build correct components. Iran managed to do it all from scratch without a manual and under sanctions. This is a lot more impressive and difficult than most people realize, especially given the circumstances of Iran's ability to acquire parts, and how few countries in the world can actually manage to understand the inner workings of a plane. Designing a plane from the outside is the easy part, you just look at it. It's the inside that's the hard part which is kept a secret and that's what Iran has mastered, so the technical feat Iran has managed is nothing short of remarkable whichever way you look at it. Iran didn't become a STEM powerhouse overnight, things like learning how avionics and propulsion work and then building their own systems is what got them there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_and_technology_in_Iran

Last edited:
The basic design is exactly that of the F-5 with no design variations. It's an upgraded F-5 taken from pre-existing stocks, nothing more. Stop deluding yourself.

How is it upgraded from pre-existing stock ? Did u even bother watching the video ? Do those jets being built look like pre-existing stock ? LOL hilarious how badly in denial you are. You see it with your own eyes but you're still in denial.

when I look at the digital cockpit of Kowsar I get so impressed . This is because I fully understand what has been involved into making each subsystem of this cockpit. I have worked in Western military aviation all my 40 year career and if you count the number of Electronic subsystems in this aircraft you realize what a mammoth task it has been to design,build,test and airworthy qualify each of them. Now keep in mind that a Western engineer sitting in a nice desk with all the data/spc sheets of every component he wishes to use (and he has at least 6 different choices for each let say microprocessor he intends to select). Compare that to the Iranian engineer sitting on his desk and having to shoehorn his design based on what he can get in the sanctioned market of Iran and he is lucky to get a translated let say Russian or chinese data sheet. Putting all the subsystem together making them work together (integration) is another story...this is all assuming that the aircraft itself is already done all the CAD drawings in place and of course the engine and landing gear and ejection seat also done (which is a whole new story all by themselves)... now the only sin that Iranians have done is that the physical external shape of this aircraft is similar to a f**king F5 and because of that this whole project is poof!....I can understand if an idiot western military observer will try to focus on this single sin and playdown this fantastic achivement ... but for all those Iranian in this forum please do not be fooled by what you read or see in the western media ...have faith and pride in what has been done (no country has ever been able to do such a feast under these condition...the closest I can think of is north korea and they are not even close)
is it flying?

is it flying?
kowsar.png

How is it upgraded from pre-existing stock ? Did u even bother watching the video ? Do those jets being built look like pre-existing stock ? LOL hilarious how badly in denial you are. You see it with your own eyes but you're still in denial.

Yes I'm in denial that your fake fighter jet isn't built from the ground up like fanboys say it is despite every professional source and analysis saying the complete opposite.

it is based on f-5F.

It is an f-5f.

Yes I'm in denial that your fake fighter jet isn't built from the ground up like fanboys say it is despite every professional source and analysis saying the complete opposite.

It is an f-5f.
My recommendation is that you change your name from "TruthHurtz" to "ButtHurtz". And get yourself a real flag and some real medication...Medication bought over internet do not do the job..

Only thing that is impressive (if true) is the Kowsar carrying the equivalent of EL/M-2032 radar with 150KM max range.

Though I have yet to see that new radar inside the nose cone just on a display.

Everything else is mostly superficial, (change from analog to digital cockpit doesn’t change much). Weapons are the same, targeting pods the same, RCS is the same.

So biggest change is the radar.

It is an f-5f.
It is TU-16
Tupolev_Tu-16_flies_over_USS_Hewitt_%28DD-966%29_c1978.jpg

And it is H-6H
PLAAF_Xian_HY-6_Li_Pang.jpg

The Chinese aircraft is a copy of the Russian one, but honestly, can you say that even the latest H6-H version made by the Chinese can be simply indicated for performance and electronic components, only and only a Tubolev TU-16?
The external appearance may be similar, but what is important is what is underneath the skin, it is these components that can change and expand the capabilities of an aircraft.

It is an f-5f.
maybe you will be satisfied when you see production line, remember that same analysis said Iran Air defense are fake then we shoot down MQ-4C at high altitude with 3th Khordad system then they said 3th Khordad system is the most advance air defense that Iran has despite of that we have that system for a decade now so do not listen to there word as they will change it as soon as they see it in action just like our air defense systems

2377008.jpg

3d98df13-8abb-45f9-90f3-e0c58b7ac962.jpg

1397081209310376215802914.jpg

13970812000411_Test_NewPhotoFree.JPG

1397060111482495151255110.jpg

%25da%25a9%25d9%2588%25d8%25ab%25d8%25b1%2B%283%29.jpg

maybe you will be satisfied when you see production line, remember that same analysis said Iran Air defense are fake then we shoot down MQ-4C at high altitude with 3th Khordad system then they said 3th Khordad system is the most advance air defense that Iran has despite of that we have that system for a decade now so do not listen to there word as they will change it as soon as they see it in action just like our air defense systems

2377008.jpg

3d98df13-8abb-45f9-90f3-e0c58b7ac962.jpg

1397081209310376215802914.jpg

13970812000411_Test_NewPhotoFree.JPG

1397060111482495151255110.jpg

%25da%25a9%25d9%2588%25d8%25ab%25d8%25b1%2B%283%29.jpg

So they disassembled an F-5, put yellow primer on it and suddenly it's a brand spanking new aircraft.

Try again.

So they disassembled an F-5, put yellow primer on it and suddenly it's a brand spanking new aircraft.

Try again.

did you ever saw the old F5`s of Iran ? LoL
f5iran.jpg

this is a kowsar during flight
maxresdefault.jpg

the kowsar has new avionics ,ballistic computers and smart mobile mapping systems.

Many of our pilots have flown in it and say its an huge improvement to flying those original F5`s.

Our Pilots are patriots, if it was a "fake project" it would be public 1 week later.

For first steps into producing own jets this project was good.

F5 is a capable platform and with this new upgrades its an good addition for Irans Skies.

you have to start somewhere. people expecting Iran to build F22 like planes from 0 are delusional to the core.

Last edited:
did you ever saw the old F5`s of Iran ? LoL
f5iran.jpg

this is a kowsar during flight
maxresdefault.jpg

the kowsar has new avionics ,ballistic computers and smart mobile mapping systems.

Many of our pilots have flown in it and say its an huge improvement to flying those original F5`s.

Our Pilots are patriots, if it was a "fake project" it would be public 1 week later.

For first steps into producing own jets this project was good.

F5 is a capable platform and with this new upgrades its an good addition for Irans Skies.

you have to start somewhere. people expecting Iran to build F22 like planes from 0 are delusional to the core.

I never said they didn't upgrade the plane. Just that it's not a new plane.

excuse me, but do you have evidence of what you are saying, or is it your guess?

Thanks in advance for your reply

Show me the composites and alloys being cut and formed for the Kowsar instead of that "assembly line" photo with the yellow primer.

Back
Top Bottom