What's new

Irfan Baloch Has Said Goodbye !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know of his posting history nor your interactions with him but I think it goes deeper into the mechanics of what's the problem here often times that we don't agree on ground rules. Disagreement isn't an insult, what're the rules of engagement and finally one person needs to walk away. We often get hijacked in online interactions because of the very nature of this medium. Alas, it saddens me to see any one to because of it. Thank you, brother, I'm glad to see old faces too.
I totally agree with you, PDF becomes less tolerant and no one is doing anything about it, recently I got banned from a thread (SSG related discussions) just because I was disagreeing with members and Mods, I was banned because I was not convinced by the explanation people are giving, so basically you either agree with them or you are banned, this is the behavior which destroyed the PDF, I remember old senior members have so many discussions and disagreements but no one was like oh you are now banned from posting on this thread, Banning trolls is understandable. Last we interacted you were talking about some health related complications, glad to see you around hope you and your family are all good, in these times I call to parents everyday just to check if everyone is good.

best post of the thread, the only thing I do not get is why an amreeki is pretending to be in Bengal, trying to make them look brilliant are you? why?

I would rather keep my digital trace as far away from BD govt as possible (this website has made some list of theirs).

I mentioned this VPN use upon joining to the admins and they admitted me.

It would be deal breaker for me to post on this forum otherwise. I believe large exception w.r.t VPN has been carved out on similar basis for members posting from China too.

I am just long term observer of forum as there were some quite interesting contributors here over the years that I enjoyed to follow (and I saw no need to join and get swept in the majority of inane repetitive swirl that makes up most of any forum)....

Just there is noticeable decay in forum for a few years now so I desire to give some precise insight from time to time that can potentially help re-orient it to what it was like before. Lot of great insightful (actually contributing) members have left or post very sparingly....that is what we are all poorer for in the end now.

Sadly it now seems that, Irfan Baloch, a very respected senior member has now also left this forum. He informed me that he was very disheartened by the personal abuse he was getting from some particular members. This apparently happened while I was on holidays for a couple of weeks, so I'm not sure what was the core issue. It seems that the PDF Admins and management didn't take any notice or action on what was happening, which in it's self is disappointing to say the least. Constantly other members are complaining about mostly Indian trolls and members with fake IDs ruining this forum, I'm not sure if Irfan Baloch was victim of these same low-lives but he certainly felt let down.
To maintain some sanity and quality of this forum, the PDF Admins need to gear up and set the house in order.
I doubt he would get disheartened from Indian trolls. Everyone knows how delusional most of those bhakts are...and Pakistan/Pakistanis are always on their mind so it's their hobby to repeatedly make accounts here. My guess would be he was disheartened by Pakistani members here...with the recent political issues...Pakistanis are divided along political lines...each camp abusing the other.

I totally agree with you, PDF becomes less tolerant and no one is doing anything about it, recently I got banned from a thread (SSG related discussions) just because I was disagreeing with members and Mods, I was banned because I was not convinced by the explanation people are giving, so basically you either agree with them or you are banned, this is the behavior which destroyed the PDF, I remember old senior members have so many discussions and disagreements but no one was like oh you are now banned from posting on this thread, Banning trolls is understandable. Last we interacted you were talking about some health related complications, glad to see you around hope you and your family are all good, in these times I call to parents everyday just to check if everyone is good.
I once called out a mod(a little birdy) here for basically trolling(calling out/poking fun of a member who has left...
...I said something along the lines that it's unbecoming of a senior moderator to display such behavior.
...and in return I got permanently banned from that thread...a thread that I had started 🤣

I assume he was expecting an apology or something to satisfy his giant ego...but none would ever come as I did nothing wrong.

Last edited:
The helmet and gear debate ?

Yeah I saw that. You pointed out protective gear.

I checked on my end but couldn’t get a definitive reply that protective gear wasn’t worn and if the shots were taken to the head or neck. I didn’t take part in that discussion as I wasn’t aware of the full incident how SSG took causalities and whether gear was the reason.

From your talk you were sure that gear was the reason.

best post of the thread, the only thing I do not get is why an amreeki is pretending to be in Bengal, trying to make them look brilliant are you? why?

so says a dude who stands ready to sacrifice his all for Persia!

and the irony of ironies is that the hypocrite has been and is living in amreeka, the biggest supporter of the Jews (and of the Jewish State) and Hindus, and where anybody who really matters is either Jewish or has strong links with Jews.
Wallowing in freedom, that's all I am doing, nothing hypocritical about that. You are just jealous , I heard they are doing away with return train tickets ,lol, inflation is through the room, crime has spiked and people are miserable in the cold weather, while I bask in the sun and enjoy the democracy and freedom quite a lot of people dream about.

Yeah I saw that. You pointed out protective gear.

I checked on my end but couldn’t get a definitive reply that protective gear wasn’t worn and if the shots were taken to the head or neck. I didn’t take part in that discussion as I wasn’t aware of the full incident how SSG took causalities and whether gear was the reason.

From your talk you were sure that gear was the reason.
My reasoning were/are valid, It was a discussion but anyone is not bound to accept the explanation given by anyone, we are free to form our own opinion for as long as we are not trolling. I was banned from that Thread, even though I stopped responding.

My reasoning were/are valid, It was a discussion but anyone is not bound to accept the explanation given by anyone, we are free to form our own opinion for as long as we are not trolling. I was banned from that Thread, even though I stopped responding.
Was the gear reason (for causality) speculative or factual ?

And yet you judged my negative ratings to be "deserved". There is recent one too. :D

What sort of faujis are these to quit? They can take bullets and run through an unmarked minefield but not words? If a bloody plebe like me can do it (with my record here!), would it be too much to expect them to be able to do the same given they have natural advantages here denied to plebes?
I've a confession to make, sir, I was completely out of social media for nearly a decade. I did not catch the new norms that have evolved online. Back in the day, there was an understanding that disagreements and ratings weren't personal. However, that has changed. I'm not judging it to be negative or positive but acknowledging it to be here now.
Secondly, sir, what you're highlighting is not a phenomenon that happens only here. It happens everywhere. A major war is correlated to a rise in polarisation in society in the next decade. When you put a human being through war an interesting thing happens to the mind. It is trauma. And every nation has been very keep to send its young to war but lacks dangerously in taking care of them afterwards and it's not just about providing them with healthcare but mental health care. You'll see it a lot, someone once said soldiers are the most unhealthy healthy people and it's true: they smoke, they eat, they live unhealthily but maintain a very high functionality but the moment they retire, it catches up with them. I think most soldiers especially officers are highly idealised during their military career and when they come to the outside world they find a world that doesn't make sense to them. So naturally they fall back on what they know: binary thinking, friend or foe. That's just my 2 cents, I've always made it a point not to interpret anything in simplistic terms.

Polarisation has become a new wave solidified. Disagreement is interpreted very differently now.

I once called out a mod(a little birdy) here for basically trolling(calling out/poking fun of a member who has left...
...I said something along the lines that it's unbecoming of a senior moderator to display such behavior.
...and in return I got permanently banned from that thread...a thread that I had started 🤣

I assume he was expecting an apology or something to satisfy his giant ego...but none would ever come as I did nothing wrong.
I once Provided screen shot evidence of a MOD deleting my posts in order to prove that I was trolling, I lost faith on MODS that day.

I've a confession to make, sir, I was completely out of social media for nearly a decade. I did not catch the new norms that have evolved online. Back in the day, there was an understanding that disagreements and ratings weren't personal. However, that has changed. I'm not judging it to be negative or positive but acknowledging it to be here now.

No worries Sir. I am still a survivor, even with these new norms here on PDF. The only pity is that it destroys merit and therefore causes a steady decline in the discourse, to what we see today. And where it is headed is not too encouraging either.

You'll see it a lot, someone once said soldiers are the most unhealthy healthy people and it's true: they smoke, they eat, they live unhealthily but maintain a very high functionality but the moment they retire, it catches up with them. I think most soldiers especially officers are highly idealised during their military career and when they come to the outside world they find a world that doesn't make sense to them. So naturally they fall back on what they know: binary thinking, friend or foe.

Ah yes, that was the storyline made famous by John Rambo in First Blood, was it not? I have some personal idea too after my father retired from PAF. It makes sense to me, but in the context of this thread, it just makes for a poorer environment if such people opt to leave.

Polarisation has become a new wave solidified. Disagreement is interpreted very differently now.

Ain't that the truth. The ability to evaluate two different thoughts without agreeing with either is a skill (if I may paraphrase Aristotle) that has been bred and miseducated out of the nation with specific intent. And here we are. And where we are headed is equally clear.

Last edited:
No worries Sir. I am still a survivor, even with these new norms here on PDF. The only pity is that it destroys merit and therefore causes a steady decline in the discourse, to what we see today. And where it is headed is not too encouraging either.

Ah yes, that was the storyline made famous by John Rambo in First Blood, was it not? I have some personal idea too after my father retired from PAF. It makes sense to me, but in the context of this thread, it just makes for a poorer environment if such people opt to leave.

Ain't that the truth. The ability to evaluate two different thoughts without agreeing with either is a skill (if I may paraphrase Aristotle) that has been bred and miseducated out of the nation with specific intent. And here we are. And where we are headed is equally clear.
I believe it was Plato who said: one can either learn or learn how to learn but never at the same time.

Trauma is a very real thing. It works in surprising ways.

I believe it was Plato who said: one can either learn or learn how to learn but never at the same time.

Trauma is a very real thing. It works in surprising ways.

Oh yes. And many make the mistake of assuming that trauma is only physical, when it obviously can take many forms that you and I are aware of, and cause many short and long term effects. I describe a PhD as only learning how to learn. The real learning comes later. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom