What's new

Iraq to buy 12 JF-17 Thunder jets from Pakistan

By placing Serbia main weaponery on countries recognized Kosovo is suicide. What happened if France force Serbia to accept Kosovo independent if not they will sanction Serbia and not provide any support for Rafale? This is the kind of danger you place yourself in. Those subsystem or radar you purchase from EU can be easily replace but not the Rafale.

And how will China or anybody else provide support to Serbia, which is a landlocked country, surrounded by NATO countries? If we end up in confrontation with NATO again, it does not matter if we have Chinese, French or Russian planes, we will not get any kind of support in any case.

NATO_30_Members.png

Try to look at things from Serbia's perspective a bit, we are not China, we are not Russia. And both are far away from us and our borders. If things really go south, i have zero illusions that we will end up getting some real help from either China or Russia. So we need to have a pragmatic stance on many issues, and when our arm is getting twisted here, it is easy for you guys in a far away place to tell us what we should do, and how we should behave, but that aint gonna help us a lot.

Last edited:
And how will China or anybody else provide support to Serbia, which is a landlocked country, surrounded by NATO countries? If we end up in confrontation with NATO again, it does not matter if we have Chinese, French or Russian planes, we will not get any kind of support in any case.

NATO_30_Members.png

Try to look at things from Serbia's perspective a bit, we are not China, we are not Russia. And both are far away from us and our borders. If things really go south, i have zero illusions that we will end up getting some real help from either China or Russia. So we need to have a pragmatic stance on many issues, and when our arm is getting twisted here, it is easy for you guys in a far away place to tell us what we should do, and how we should behave, but that aint gonna help us a lot.
Then Serbia shall have recognized Kosovo in the first place if that is the case and dictate whatever the NATO wants but Serbia choose not to concede. I think you underestimate your leader resolute not to be dictate by Neocon.

Now is no more 1999 where American and NATO can just declared war on anybody they deemed. If needed China can sail 2 aircraft carrier to Europe.

Just wondering will Jf-17s Argentinian deal will impact what is going on current CHAOS inside Pakistan or will NOT affect the outcome of deal Argentina & Pakistan China deal ?

Just wondering will Jf-17s Argentinian deal will impact what is going on current CHAOS inside Pakistan or will NOT affect the outcome of deal Argentina & Pakistan China deal ?
It will slow down the production and handling over of the required amount

The first export customer was Myanmar.

If Azerbaijan (which recognizes Israel) buys the JF-17, there's a good chance that -- eventually -- some Israeli subsystems or weapons will reach the platform, one way or another. Heck, this might even happen via the Argentinian sale.
Considering their experience with the F-35 and currently underdevelopment TF-X fighter, working with Turkey to customize the JF-17 for Azerbaijan would also find ways to enhance the design and/or sub-systems of the JF-17 that would be optimal for Azerbaijan’s weapons supply as well as in the long term interest of the program, and the PAF aspiration of being able to produce more capable fighters.

Perhaps a way to integrate Turkish weapons (with Pakistani made sub-systems for the Turkish weapons; so as integrate the weapons with the JF-17’s Chinese radar) onto the JF-17 along with the full spectrum of Chinese and Pakistani weapons to the JF-17 is currently slated to carry could allow the Azeris to fully move out of the Russian orbit if the JF-17 is equipped with Chinese engines. Moving out of the Russian orbit would allow the Azeris to not have to take any deal the Russians would force upon them because a lot of Azerbaijan’s high end weapons are still Russian. The Azeri could have the ability to replace their 36 Su-25s and 14 MiG-29 if Russian demands become unreasonable.

This option could open the door for other operators of Russian made equipment, looking to operate the full spectrum of Chinese and Pakistani weapons as well as NATO interoperable weapons that are from Turkey. This could make the JF-17 an appealing fighter to Central Asian nations as well as nations with seeping relations with Turkey.

For example, a potential sale of a few JF-17s to stable Somalia government (support by Turkey) could help enhance Pakistani relations with that country, and potentially allow Pakistan to station some equipment on that side of the Indian Ocean… once the arms embargo is lifted on Somalia, the JF-17 could be a prime candidate to help them reconstitute a modern Air Force, around one multi role platform. The JF-17 could be based at a potential extension of the Turkish training base already in Somalia, if an air strip is added.

Last edited:
I just heard the news today that Argentina is not going to buy any fighter jets now, not JF 17 either. I have long suspected that they dont have the money for the procurement and now its confirmed.

I just heard the news today that Argentina is not going to buy any fighter jets now, not JF 17 either. I have long suspected that they dont have the money for the procurement and now its confirmed.

Neither is Iraq - same reason most countries will shy away from any goods by Pakistan for now since the economy is going bust - people trust a supplier that isn’t

8579017-going-out-of-business-sign.jpg

Serbia is already buying a lot of weapons from the west. Just in recent years:
  • 9 H145M (4 for of them for police), 11 more ordered for the Air Force, delivery in progress
  • 3 H215 Super Puma
  • 2 C295 on order
  • 22 Thales GM-60, GM-200 and GM-400 radars
  • Mistral 3 ER
  • 200 AR100-C drones
  • Safran JIM UC, Moskito, SATIS
  • USMC MUNS
  • HENSOLDT Spoter 60
  • Thales and Tadiran communication equipment
  • FN SCAR rifles

And regarding the fighter aircrafts, latest oficial info from our side is that Serbia is close to reaching agreement with France, and ordering 12 Dassault Rafale.

Hi Serbia friend, do you eat back your words about buying Rafale instead of JF-17. Luckily you bought Chinese arms, if not Serbia would have surrender and hand over Kosovo to western power now.

If Serbia going for Rafale. Might as well give up Kosovo.

NATO_30_Members.png

They will let Chinese planes pass or else they will have war with China. It's a no brainer what Romania will do.

Hi Serbia friend, do you eat back your words about buying Rafale instead of JF-17. Luckily you bought Chinese arms, if not Serbia would have surrender and hand over Kosovo to western power now.

If Serbia going for Rafale. Might as well give up Kosovo.

I am no expert on China, but I am well aware about what is happening in Serbia. What you shared is not adding anything new to what I already wrote before. We have ordered 4 batteries of FK-3, so far we have got one, that’s the one from the images you have shared. That one was delivered in april.

First we had the info that we will start getting the rest by the end June, then the new info was, it will be delivered in the Autumn, then by the end of the year, and here we are, the year is gone, and we have public confirmations from our President and defense minister that NATO is blocking not only what we have ordered from Russia, but also what we have ordered in China, and that is a fact. And not only that, we are not even getting everything that we have purchased in the west.

So please tell me how China would deliver anything to us in case of war, if it’s not capable of delivering us something in time of peace. And we are not under any kind of sanctions.

They will let Chinese planes pass or else they will have war with China. It's a no brainer what Romania will do.
Great, then please tell me where are the systems we have ordered from China, and already paid to China, which were supposed to be delivered to us, but are obviously not. And we have confirmations from the highest instances in Serbia, that NATO countries are not allowing these deliveries from China. Once again, we are not at war with anyone, we are not under any sanctions, and yet you guys are not capable of delivering to us what we have already paid, but we should order and pay for more stuff from you?

Maybe we will get everything in the future, who knows, but what I know for sure, that those orders should have been completed already, but they are not, because NATO is blocking these deliveries.

Last edited:
You will be slapping your face soon with such reply. Buying JF-17 is more of an insurance and diversify the weapon source. Christian western weapon are highly politicalized and with many strings. Russia Mig-29 are too maintenance extensive.

That makes JF-17 ideal to build up r/s with China, Pakistan while maintenance several leverage against Western in case of blackmail.

Iraq armed forces has extensive usage of CH-4 UCAV against daesh and a big reason why they managed to defeat and drive away the ISIS from Mosul. They have good experience with Chinese weapon.
Those creating terrorism in Iraq where not daesh but kgb operatives

Back
Top Bottom