What's new

Iraq purchases Chinese HQ-9 air defense

Great news, this weapon system will deter any potential regional threats.

Why does Iraq need the Hq-9? They're fighting Isis. Could have bought some tanks instead or APCs instead.
Maybe their northern neighbor?

Iraq is a lost cause with no unity. Everyone's allegiance is to another faction/religion/sect/ethnicity.
Thanks to America, a country is ruined, too many civilians died

Iraq is a lost cause with no unity. Everyone's allegiance is to another faction/religion/sect/ethnicity.

Politically divided due to the constitution which sets political positions based on the quota of 'Sunni-Shi'ite-Kurd'. In reality the populace (aside from Kurds who aren't really Iraqis) turned out to be a lot more unified, there's no voice from the masses of any group for a secession from Iraq apart from Kurds who want to secede from Turkey as well.

We need to get rid of Kurds, secede from them someday soon, them aside there's a good level of unity. Anyway Turkey should fix its own mess inside with the dictator, you have no idea what dictatorship brings.

-----

Chinese media also reported the HQ-9 sale

http://mil.sohu.com/20161114/n473097756.shtml

Indeed, HQ-9 is the game changer. The most powerful about HQ-9 is not the missile but the radar. It can act as command control. Direct arty fire, guide SAM and even guide precision strike missile. Has very strong anti jamming capabilities since it's PESA.

Politically divided due to the constitution which sets political positions based on the quota of 'Sunni-Shi'ite-Kurd'. In reality the populace (aside from Kurds who aren't really Iraqis) turned out to be a lot more unified, there's no voice from the masses of any group for a secession from Iraq apart from Kurds who want to secede from Turkey as well.

We need to get rid of Kurds, secede from them someday soon, them aside there's a good level of unity. Anyway Turkey should fix its own mess inside with the dictator, you have no idea what dictatorship brings.

-----

Chinese media also reported the HQ-9 sale

http://mil.sohu.com/20161114/n473097756.shtml

No your division isnt just Kurd-Iraqi, its Sunni-Shia and many more other splits. Now what is your army? What is PMU or whatever its called. A bunch of factions, who all can be influenced by outsiders. I dont even need to discuss the unity in Turkey. 80% of the population can be called a nationalist or patriot and will put aside any political differences in the awake of any problem. The coup showed that.

Why would you let them secede from you. After ISIS you should put a fight if needs be to keep the territorial integrity and you should control your borders and not harbor PKK terrorists.

It looks like we're getting the SH-1

sh1.jpg

SH-1_155mm_6x6_howitzer_Norinco_China_IDEAS_2014_International_Defence_Exhibition_Karachi_Paklistan_640_001.jpg

No your division isnt just Kurd-Iraqi, its Sunni-Shia and many more other splits. Now what is your army? What is PMU or whatever its called. A bunch of factions, who all can be influenced by outsiders. I dont even need to discuss the unity in Turkey. 80% of the population can be called a nationalist or patriot and will put aside any political differences in the awake of any problem. The coup showed that.

Why would you let them secede from you. After ISIS you should put a fight if needs be to keep the territorial integrity and you should control your borders and not harbor PKK terrorists.

I believe most people in Iraq would rather have them (Barzanistan and PUK) go independent, they don't add anything they just leech and cause us problems.

--

This deal seems to be for the HQ-9B variant.

That's good but I am more concerned about the post ISIS situation, it might be Peshmerga vs Iraqi Army if the Kurds aren't given a fare share.

Then please allow me to ask you some questions. Do you prefer to support the central Baghdadi goverment or the KRG? I know many Assyrians wants an autonomous region within the Nineveh plains, do you agree? Do you perhaps have still some Assyrian family within Iraq, if so then what is their situation there. I read that most Assyrians left the country or all planning to do so.

Then please allow me to ask you some questions. Do you prefer to support the central Baghdadi goverment or the KRG? I know many Assyrians wants an autonomous region within the Nineveh plains, do you agree? Do you perhaps have still some Assyrian family within Iraq, if so then what is their situation there. I read that most Assyrians left the country or all planning to do so.
I prefer to support the central government of Baghdad, and our governorate (Nineveh Plains) will be tied to Baghdad, and I do have distant relatives still in Iraq, they want to return to their homes in Bartella, and the other relatives I have that are living in Baghdad are planning to build homes in Bartella as well. They did a poll of the Assyrian IDP's and found out that all of them will return under the conditions that they have an area of their own in which their privacy is maintained.

There are also talks of Iraqi-Assyrians who have lived in Europe for a decade or more that they will also return once the Nineveh Plains governorate is established.

Back
Top Bottom