What's new

Iraq makes it to the semi finals WORLD CUP U20

I think some will, especially Ali Adnan, only EU prefers players from S America more somehow, ME players are not so famous there for all I know.
Most of the U20 team still plays in Iraq.

I follow national teams more, clubs not so much

I believe that an Arab country can win the World Cup soon if all goes according to plan. Or country from ME. Yes, I don't understand why Europe clubs do not buy players from ME?

That makes it even better if they win against Uruguay.

What you mean? You do not follow any Dutch football club? What about Barcelona or Real Madrid? LOL every one follows them in the Arab world. Towns are still when those two play each other.

I believe that an Arab country can win the World Cup soon if all goes according to plan. Or country from ME. Yes, I don't understand why Europe clubs do not buy players from ME?

What you mean? You do not follow any Dutch football club? What about Barcelona or Real Madrid? LOL every one follows them in the Arab world. Towns are still when those two play each other.

I used to support a Dutch team but not anymore, it does not interest me whether they win or lose.

R madrid and Barcelona I follow from time to time, even that not as much as the national team, though they are much better we all know.

The reasons why they dont buy them;
They get more money in the ME(mostly in the arab countries where they are treated like kings).
In Europe they are just a player like all others.
The most important reason of all is that they get homesick and cant adapt to european way of life.
Questions about sports (except cricket)especialy football,ask and i shall answer

Sry,you can still make it in extra time!

Ali Adnan is a very interesting player.

I used to support a Dutch team but not anymore, it does not interest me whether they win or lose.

R madrid and Barcelona I follow from time to time, even that not as much as the national team, though they are much better we all know.

Netherlands have a lot of good football clubs though. Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord that are famous in all of Europe and have won many trophies. The Dutch league is not that bad either.

LOl. Man, you can't follow Real Madrid and Barcelona at the same time. You have to pick one. They are the greatest rivals.;)

Bad luck, man. 2 minutes before ordinary time Uruguay score. Now extra time. Anyway I will soon need to leave. Iftar starts here. Wish you good luck.

too bad eh

Man, the commentators said that it was particularly cruel that Saif Salman missed. He said he was known as the "Xavi of Iraq". Bad luck. Cruel way to go out.:disagree: My Iraqi fellow students were quite angry, LOL. But overall praised the team and nobody expected to reach that far.

Anyway the Iraqi team can be proud. They made their country and partially the Arab world proud for those people who followed this youth tournament world cup.

Btw, I just realized that Ali Adnan's full name is "Ali Adnan Kadhim Al-Tamimi"

Ali Adnan Kadhim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This means that he is from the Banu Tamim which are very numerous in Baghdad, Kirkuk, parts of Southern Iraq, Diyala etc.

Banu Tamim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tamimi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

;)

If they continue then there is good chance of Iraq reaching the World Cup for the 2 time somewhere in the future. We need more Arab countries participating in the World Cup. Only KSA have done it over two times (4) back in the good old days when they were still able to play.

Man, the commentators said that it was particularly cruel that Saif Salman missed. He said he was known as the "Xavi of Iraqi". Bad luck. Cruel way to go out.:disagree: My Iraqi fellow students were quite angry, LOL. But overall praised the time and nobody expected to reach that far.

Anyway the Iraqi team can be proud. They made their country and partially the Arab world proud for those people who followed this youth tournament world cup.

Btw, I just realized that Ali Adnan's full name is "Ali Adnan Kadhim Al-Tamimi"

Ali Adnan Kadhim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This means that he is from the Banu Tamim which are very numerous in Baghdad, Kirkuk, parts of Southern Iraq, Diyala etc.

Banu Tamim - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tamimi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

;)

If they continue then there is good chance of Iraq reaching the World Cup for the 2 time somewhere in the future. We need more Arab countries participating in the World Cup. Only KSA have done it over two times (4) back in the good old days when they were still able to play.

Ali Adnan is my favorite player now, he played best the last matches.
The miss is probably because of nerves, nerves always cause these mistakes, normally he would get it in, penalties are unfair anyway but sh!t happens, unlucky this time.

However, this is a promising future, Iraq will be able to compete in the senior world cup with this team.

It says on Wikipedia that he is a left back? Is this correct? Can he not play as a winger?

Who is the best player from the team do you think? Who has the biggest chance of moving to Europe? What about Dhurgham Ismail (Al-Quraishi)

Dhurgham Ismail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How correct are the Wikipedia details? It says that some of them have played many games for the senior team? Already as so young players?

A friend told me that in the old times sometimes there would be no penalties but just coin thrown. So this is more fair.

Next on the menu is qualification to Asian Cup in 2015. Iraq and KSA is in the same group and they are going to met in October (15) this year.

2015 AFC Asian Cup qualification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Both should qualify. Other two teams are Indonesia and China. I do not know who is good of them but normally they are not good.

I am used to watch good European teams and each time I watch KSA, Yemen and other Arab teams the level is very low compared to the best. But it is always exciting but sometimes you laugh at the mistakes but there is always passion. But the football federations are incompetent morons.

It says on Wikipedia that he is a left back? Is this correct? Can he not play as a winger?

Who is the best player from the team do you think? Who has the biggest chance of moving to Europe? What about Dhurgham Ismail (Al-Quraishi)

Dhurgham Ismail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How correct are the Wikipedia details? It says that some of them have played many games for the senior team? Already as so young players?

A friend told me that in the old times sometimes there would be no penalties but just coin thrown. So this is more fair.

Next on the menu is qualification to Asian Cup in 2015. Iraq and KSA is in the same group and they are going to met in October (15) this year.

2015 AFC Asian Cup qualification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Both should qualify. Other two teams are Indonesia and China. I do not know who is good of them but normally they are not good.

He is left back, but we even see him left attacker many times, he is everywhere.
Yes they recently made many play in the senior team only it caused many problems, Zico left, they changed tactics, everything became a mess.
Younis Mahmoud and some other seniors do not have the stamina anymore like the younger players.

Im not that much of an expert on this as I said I do not follow clubs so much, there are a few that could be in European teams only it is like T-123456 said, they have many other options that are good. even though EU could develop Ali very well since he has powerfull shots, how big is the chance they will contact him ? idk.

He is left back, but we even see him left attacker many times, he is everywhere.
Yes they recently made many play in the senior team only it caused many problems, Zico left, they changed tactics, everything became a mess.
Younis Mahmoud and some other seniors do not have the stamina anymore like the younger players.

Im not that much of an expert on this as I said I do not follow clubs so much, there are a few that could be in European teams only it is like T-123456, they have many other options that are good. even though EU could develop Ali very well since he has powerfull shots, how big is the chance they will contact him ? idk.

Zico is considered as a very good coach normally. He was coach for Fenerbahce. The Turkish members can tell more probably. But so was Rijkaard. He flopped badly. It is better to have a local coach in my opinion or a Spanish coach since their ideology is good for football and to have success nowadays.

Yes, it is better to give the young the chance. Same is happening in KSA.

Why not? Iraq has been impressive during this u-20 World Cup so everything can happen. I would not rule it out. I think that Iraq has the best youth teams but I do not know the level of others not even KSA. As I said I do never follow the youth teams.

I do not even follow the football league in KSA that closely although it is among the best in the region if not the best together with UAE. I only support Al-Ittihad FC there and Al-Wahda Club (local club from Makkah) but the latter are so bad that they are now playing in the second division.:omghaha:

Ittihad FC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Wahda_FC_(Mecca)

Normally I enjoy watching European football, CL and other such tournaments much more and I follow that more.

Zico is considered as a very good coach normally. He was coach for Fenerbahce. The Turkish members can tell more probably. But so was Rijkaard. He flopped badly. It is better to have a local coach in my opinion or a Spanish coach since their ideology is good for football and to have success nowadays.

Yes, it is better to give the young the chance. Same is happening in KSA.

Why not? Iraq has been impressive during this u-20 World Cup so everything can happen. I would not rule it out. I think that Iraq has the best youth teams but I do not know the level of others not even KSA. As I said I do never follow the youth teams.

I do not even follow the football league in KSA that closely although it is among the best in the region if not the best together with UAE. I only support Al-Ittihad FC there and Al-Wahda Club (local club from Makkah) but the latter are so bad that they are now playing in the second division.:omghaha:

Ittihad FC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Al-Wehda Club (Mecca) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Normally I enjoy watching European football, CL and other such tournaments much more and I follow that more.

Most goals that are scored against Iraq are headers and Iraq almost never scores with headers or corners, atleast not anymore, they need to improve on this.
I do not know, hopefully they will cause Europe can develop them better.
Btw I never seen an Iraq match in real, only national team I saw play is Turkey and the Netherlands, you been to a Saudi match ?

Most goals that are scored against Iraq are headers and Iraq almost never scores with headers or corners, atleast not anymore, they need to improve on this.
I do not know, hopefully they will cause Europe can develop them better.
Btw I never seen an Iraq match in real, only national team I saw play is Turkey and the Netherlands, you been to a Saudi match ?

This is like Barcelona then. Their opponents often score from headers.

The wish for them should be to triumph in Europe. Europe is the best choice for any footballer but as our Turkish friend told then many of them are treated as superstars at their home countries and get very big pay that they do not deserve.

From my class there is a Iraqi girl (she is half Iraqi Kurd and half Iraqi Arab) and she lives in Molmoe in Sweden and works at the Malmoe Stadium. She had tickets to the Iraq-Brazil game in back in October. I went there because she invited us (for free) and other foreign students. We only had to pay for transport and crossing that bridge from Denmark to Sweden.

Yes, a few times. But they mostly play in Riyadh and I am not often there. It is a long drive from Hejaz. Easier to take the plane nearly. But last time I saw them was like 2 years ago.

This was in KSA when Argentina visited in November last year I think:

2akit7c.jpg

2ibm1ac.jpg

2hz4tbc.jpg

14keb6p.jpg

:laughcry:

Turkey and Netherlands have very strong leagues and fanatical fans especially Turkey.

Some people are fanatical fans though. In KSA the most popular football teams are FC Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Anyway the football played is nothing compared to the best. If I was a neutral football fan I would honestly not waste time with it.

Back
Top Bottom