What's new

Iran's historical sites and architecture..

Ancient city of Gor

Fars Iran, built 550 BC, a 2 km diameter circular city.

Go2_2.jpg

An aerial photo of the Sasanian circular city of Gōr, in Iran, and a reconstruction of the city as it may have appeared in its heyday. Gōr was the new capital city of Ardashir I (180-242 CE), the founder of the Sasanian Empire,

Gor_4.jpg

Ardashir's new city was known as Khor Ardashīr, Ardashīr Khurrah and Gōr. It had a circular plan so precise in measurement that the Persian historian Ibn Balkhi wrote it to be "devised using a compass". It was protected by a trench 50 meters in width, and was 2 kilometers in diameter. The city had four gates; to the north was the Hormozd Gate, to the south the Ardashir Gate, to the east the Mithra Gate and to the west the Wahram Gate. The royal capital's compounds were constructed at the center of a circle 450 m in radius. At the center of the town there was a lofty platform or tower, called Terbal. It was 30 m high and spiral in design. It is hypothesised that the structure may have been part of a government building and symbolised the divine and centralist kingship introduced by Ardashir I.
Gor_5.jpg
Gor_3.jpeg

I loved all the posts in this thread. However, I do have a little apprehension about the claim "World oldest University" for this as by various definition, this does not seem to be correct.

Ancient higher-learning institutions

History of academia

List of oldest universities in continuous operation

List of medieval universities

This structure needs to be restored.. build it to its original shape before it is too late :what:

The ONLY foreign made historical architecture in Iran is in Qeshm Island in Persian Gulf..named in latin as "Fort of Our Lady of the Conception", also known as the "Portuguese Castle".

Built 1507 by Portuguese naval commander Afonso de Albuquerque. The island was taken back by Persin forces of Shah Abbas with help from the British.
View attachment 921853View attachment 921854View attachment 921856View attachment 921855View attachment 921852
The "Fort of Our Lady of the Conception" is in Hormoz Island not Qeshm Island
this is Portogueze castle in Qeshm Island
Qeshm_Portuguese_Castle.jpg

these are from Hormuz Island
Hormoz-5.jpg

Hormoz-9.jpg

Hormoz-8.jpg

1920px-%D9%87%D8%B1%D9%85%D8%B2.jpg

Hormoz island castle is the last standing building that Portuguese made in Persian gulf
the Qeshm Island castle , well its just some remains

Last edited:
Ancient city of Gor

Fars Iran, built 550 BC, a 2 km diameter circular city.

View attachment 970271

An aerial photo of the Sasanian circular city of Gōr, in Iran, and a reconstruction of the city as it may have appeared in its heyday. Gōr was the new capital city of Ardashir I (180-242 CE), the founder of the Sasanian Empire,

View attachment 970339
Ardashir's new city was known as Khor Ardashīr, Ardashīr Khurrah and Gōr. It had a circular plan so precise in measurement that the Persian historian Ibn Balkhi wrote it to be "devised using a compass". It was protected by a trench 50 meters in width, and was 2 kilometers in diameter. The city had four gates; to the north was the Hormozd Gate, to the south the Ardashir Gate, to the east the Mithra Gate and to the west the Wahram Gate. The royal capital's compounds were constructed at the center of a circle 450 m in radius. At the center of the town there was a lofty platform or tower, called Terbal. It was 30 m high and spiral in design. It is hypothesised that the structure may have been part of a government building and symbolised the divine and centralist kingship introduced by Ardashir I. View attachment 970341View attachment 970338

I've never talked about this on the forum but now I'm saying it. This circle is the trace of a ship landing from space. Iran is a special place for celestial humonoids and has some protection from them. This will make a lot of people here laugh but soon you will discover this truth. They will never let Iran be destroyed and in times of big war, there will be very surprising things that will happen in Iran.

Looking at the territory of Iran, don't you think it looks like a bell-shaped UFO ship? Do you think it's chance, a pareidolia effect? No, it's intentional and I've known that for a long time. I think that no one here on the forum has the conscience to understand this for the moment, but events will shake your certainties.

In the text it is said: - It is assumed that the structure was perhaps part of a government building and symbolized the divine and centralist kingship introduced by Ardashir I. -

This is excxately but understood in more concrete ways. It is the elite of celestial Humanoid beings. One day not far away you will understand the plural in the Koran and the Bible, the famous Djinn, the gods, the angels, the Elohim, Nephilim, the Kachinas, annunakis, Igigi and other names in the world.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom