What's new

Iran’s ‘Fake’ Stealth Fighter Is Reportedly in Production

Oh no you guys, fat hillbilly kid is upset......he gonna start crying now........:laugh:

He is an idiot...
No sir you are an idiot that believes every piece of garbage which is spewed from IRI. I take it you must be as arrogant, offensive, fractious and fanatical, and brutish in life as you are on this thread. A sad state that is reminiscent of all those that blindly support IRI.

No sir you are an idiot that believes every piece of garbage which is spewed from IRI. I take it you must be as arrogant, offensive, fractious and fanatical, and brutish in life as you are on this thread. A sad state that is reminiscent of all those that blindly support IRI.

Oooowww...

Man... I am living here !

You are still an idiot...

Those people who working on these projects have the same idea:

You are an idiot... Useless !

The only thing which you are good at is the polluting of the atmosphere !

Oh look, its our tank expert. I'm waiting for your amazing tank analytical skills. Unless, of course, you believe every piece of garbage as long as it is anti IRI?
Never claimed to be an expert... your conclusion.

Arminkh,

You ask "to what end?" I could ask the same of the original unveiling. Why show off a terribly-put together mock-up that ended up being the butt of jokes in aviation circles the world-over?

For one, as I recall, when it was unveiled, the officials made it sound as though the item presented was NOT a mock-up and in fact that was the source of many many many months of wasted debate at the old IMF. In fact to my knowledge, the MoD has never acknowledged the F-313 they showed off was just a mock-up.

In addition, the mock-up was poorly executed, plain and simple. Compare it to previous examples such as the Shafagh (whose mock-up was excellent and actually LOOKED like a real flyable aircraft). The Shafagh mock-up was completed more than a decade before the F-313 and yet was pulled off beautifully. The mock-up we were shown looked as though amateurs who know practically nothing of aircraft design put it together (the joke of a cockpit being a prime example, made worse by actually having a man sit in it and prove how terribly it was put together).

Given that mess, you'll have to excuse me for treating news of this design being prepared for taxi-runs WITHOUT a big pinch of salt.

It was a mock-up and was announced as a muck-up. The media and audience decided to infer their own conclusions. I know for foreign audience it seemed like what you just explained but those who could understand Parsi, knew it was a mockup from almost day one.

There was an interview with the project manager of Q-313 maybe a few days after the revealing ceremony, where he confirmed it was a mockup and that there is still work to be done before an actual prototype can be built.

And even if it was their intention to fool everyone by showing a mockup with a Garmin GPS inside the cockpit, now they know it doesn't work and again I don't see why should someone as serious as current Defense Minister, make a fool of himself by repeating the same mistake again.

Arminkh,

Back to your original question, "to what end" would someone fake a taxi-run. That's actually pretty simple: money. What better way to get additional funding (whether to line your own pockets or to fund a pet project that isn't quite as far along as you promised the MoD) than to show it off taxing up and down a runway?

That may work in a country like US where all manufacturers are private contractors but in Iran, the contractor is the same as the customer which is the armed forces. So I don't see why one should fool himself paying for a fake project?

The defense minster promised three things in his recent interview:
1- Saba 248 helicopter (was revealed a week ago)
2- Karrar MBT (was revealed yesterday)
3- And start of the taxi tests of Q-313 before the new year and extending into first month of 1396.

2 of his promises were fulfilled. I believe the 3rd one will as well although we may not hear about it at the same time.

I also need to remind you that the current administration needs to get back the trust of some of Iranians where they are accused of giving up on Iran's defense and space industry, something every Iranian is very proud and sensitive about. So there is even more pressure on the shoulder of Q-313 project to deliver commendable results soon and before May ellection.

I'm personally optimistic. This time we will see the real thing.

Oh my god! :lol::lol::lol::lol: Your talent in finding the right stuff for the conversation is unmatched!

Your first and only post. Clear troll. @waz @Serpentine.

Then maybe you should refrain from making sweeping statements about something you do not understand.
I did not make any sweeping statement. I merely stated that IRI is taking credit where credit is not due. When the DM says it's 100% domestic tank, which clearly it's not and has no shred of truth to it, you must call it for what it is: a lie. Ignoring these "little" lies is no different than what Trump says or does: "alternative" facts are still falsehood. Period.

I did not make any sweeping statement. I merely stated that IRI is taking credit where credit is not due. When the DM says it's 100% domestic tank, which clearly it's not and has no shred of truth to it, you must call it for what it is: a lie. Ignoring these "little" lies is no different than what Trump says or does: "alternative" facts are still falsehood. Period.
I seem to remember you also said this was "a few welding and a paint job". Shows how much you know about RWS, ERA, FCS etc. Actually, can you name those acronyms without googling them? :rofl:

Arminkh,

For the record, I never actually said the F-313 was entirely a fraud but that skepticism about it being a truly serious program is, IMHO, completely warranted and justified by any basic knowledge of the history of Iran's aviation industry.

My skepticism has nothing to do with who the DM is, b/c in my almost 15 years of closely watching Iran's defense industry, it doesn't seem to matter WHO it is now, especially when it comes to aviation projects. Iran's aviation history is full of promising/potentially ground-breaking projects that either failed to see the light of day (Shafagh) or were dragged on for years without any real direction or purpose (aka the Saeghe). 15 years of still-born aviation projects, spanning 3-4 Iranian presidencies and even more DMs, has taught me to be skeptical of not getting my hopes up that some project is FINALLY going to treated seriously.

While many other Iranian defense projects rise and succeed (ballistic missiles, air defense systems, man-portable systems, adaption of Chinese-design AshMs, just to name a few), nearly all of Iran's aviation programs, even vitally needed upgrade programs for the IRIAF, never come to true fruition. Only Iran's UAV industry has succeeded where all others have failed.

The reasons for their failures is a long and complex conversation for another day/thread of course.

So please don't take my skepticism as a lack of respect for Iran's DM, more of a lack of faith in the system he is working with. If the F-313 does really fly and become a viable program, believe me, I'll be among the first to send my congratulations.

& if it doesn't, I'll try not to be the first to say "I told you so".

@eagle2007 you're a class act! Followed your posts at imf!

Funny video. What's going to be funnier is all the hater reactions when Iran will show a real prototype soon.

I can see all the buttheart excuses already: it's derived from Russian aircrafts. Russia has assisted surely. It's probably Chinese components. It looks good but will never be mass produced.

Fact is that Iran has acquired all the tech enablers needed to produce a light weight fighter jet. It is a matter of time until it comes out and you bunch can get sore again. Just like with the UCAVs, bavar and karrar.

@eagle2007 you're a class act! Followed your posts at imf!

Funny video. What's going to be funnier is all the hater reactions when Iran will show a real prototype soon.

I can see all the buttheart excuses already: it's derived from Russian aircrafts. Russia has assisted surely. It's probably Chinese components. It looks good but will never be mass produced.

Fact is that Iran has acquired all the tech enablers needed to produce a light weight fighter jet. It is a matter of time until it comes out and you bunch can get sore again. Just like with the UCAVs, bavar and karrar.

yea funny tho too much ppl woth no sense of humor, sad days.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom