What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

As user sanel1412 wrote, the superstructure is the same as the Sahand 74.
Then when it is completed we will see if the weapons are the same too

Sahand 74
Screenshot-2021-10-15-18-13-45-568-2.jpg

Yes, I agree. That part it is in the middle part of the hull of a small frigate of a Moudge class sized vessel. Or CIWs or SATCOMs at much.

The most interesting it is this the shape of the radar mast it is gray because probably it is done with aluminium. Around the world the modern shipyard use aluminium for saving weight. Looks like a modern phased array radar. It is so interesting.

The small size of exhaust engines indicate again CODAD plant, which is not that bad.

IMHO VLS is not that interesting. VLS in such small ship let you small quantity of missiles avaiable. The truly leap forward would be phased array radar, hangar for light helicopter or even UAV and common weapons with other units. It is hard to understand a series of 5 frigates; Moudge, Sahand, Dena, Damavand II and future Talaiyeh stands with 3 differents radars at least (yet to be known Damavand and Talaiyeh) and differents CIWS aboard.

The IRIN need uniformity of weapons and sensors. You must be capable of having a modern Naval Academy with best instructors avaiable, send officials to China, Pakistan and other countries and continue making far deployments to develop training, procedures and in last a last resort make bigger ships with VLS. It is a long way to do. But this Damavand II could be just a standard ship like type 056 is in PLAN. Just my oppinion.

on the future naval VLS.
interesting this article in Russian https://naked-science.ru/community/349658/ where it indicates:
"It's called Zubin (Zoobin) and it's a terrestrial version of SAM Nawab (Navab), which is now also being tested."
telegram-cloud-photo-size-2-5429161682795607862-y.jpg

having more news on this naval sistemas?
or can you refute?

I could see it on Persian Gulf Warship, Solemani catamaran, and the future Iran navy destroyer(s) along with the forward operating bases (FOB) to protect against suicide drones.

Not sure mowj vessels have enough space for that system. The vessels could fit a Majid system tho.

here, i know it's not a lot

View attachment 785802

thanks for the photos, I tried to improve the brightness of one, it seems to identify the 76mm Fajr-27 already installed.
But, if it's not an optical illusion, the installation appears to be in a more forward position towards the bow when compared to how it is installed on the Sahand-74.
In my photoshop, I indicate in red both the Fajr-27 and what looks like the breakwater also installed, for example, on the Sahand 74.
Therefore, if the Fajr-27 were actually installed further towards the bow of the ship, would it free up more space before reaching the superstructure that I indicate with the white arrow.
Could it be destined to accommodate the novelty that many wish for in this space?

as always it is my simple interpretation by observing some details of the available photos, interpretation that could be immediately refuted by new images.
Schermata-24-2.png

As user sanel1412 wrote, the superstructure is the same as the Sahand 74.

Well, not entirely. Sahand has a single funnel, Damavand (II) has two of them. That's in addition to the differing basis of the radar mast. Furthermore the shape of the bridge presents several differences.

DtVllFSXgAALNW9

geisenl8_sahand-destroyer-december-2018-twitter-650_625x300_01_December_18.jpg

1634504735833-png.785803

Last edited:
Well, not entirely. Sahand has a single funnel, Damavand (II) has two of them. That's in addition to the differing basis of the radar mast. Furthermore the shape of the bridge presents several differences.

We talked about the superstructure shown in the photos, my answer was referred only to that, superstructure that seems identical to the one where the CIWS 30 mm is installed in the Sahand 74,

We talked about the superstructure shown in the photos, my answer was referred only to that, superstructure that seems identical to the one where the CIWS 30 mm is installed in the Sahand 74,

Apologies for the confusion.

thanks for the photos, I tried to improve the brightness of one, it seems to identify the 76mm Fajr-27 already installed.
But, if it's not an optical illusion, the installation appears to be in a more forward position towards the bow when compared to how it is installed on the Sahand-74.
In my photoshop, I indicate in red both the Fajr-27 and what looks like the breakwater also installed, for example, on the Sahand 74.
Therefore, if the Fajr-27 were actually installed further towards the bow of the ship, would it free up more space before reaching the superstructure that I indicate with the white arrow.
Could it be destined to accommodate the novelty that many wish for in this space?

as always it is my simple interpretation by observing some details of the available photos, interpretation that could be immediately refuted by new images.
Schermata-24-2.png
your very welcome, well we know its going to have VLS sooo you could very well be right

He was referring to the new Soleimani class Catamaran whose pictures are a few pages back. The original post even had a picture of the catamaran.
Also this vessel is proportional to Sahand, another Mowj ship.
Shahid Soleimani class is still smaller

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom