What's new

Iranian Navy Chief : Iran able to built Aircraft carriers

Soheil jan, chetori dadash? I saw your pm but apparently I can't reply before reaching 700 posts. So it's gonna be a while... As you can see I'm a very lazy member :lol:

Anyway, thanks for saying hi. dameh hamegi bacheha garm. take chair

Honestly I also believe building an aircraft carrier is useless for Iran
but think of it I wonder why no body have ever built a ship with the
size of a Nimitz Air craft carrier but instead of Airplanes fill it with
Anti-ship and aircraft missiles and also long range cruise missiles .
that ship will have quiet a lot of punch .

Iranian Navy Chief : Iran able to build Aircraft carriers

One mistake : 19
-------------------------------------------

I'd rather Iran focus on building more submarine , frigate and destroyer instead of aircraft carriers . we need more frigate like Jamaran or maybe a real destroyer .

I guess you are talking about "Tehran class destroyers". In this site which is a concept website written from a western perspective speculates on current or future Iranian military projects which discusses these destroyers from biased view of a westerner.

For So}{eil:
Maybe you can make some 3D pictures for your thread based on some of the ideas on the site I wrote about above.

Honestly I also believe building an aircraft carrier is useless for Iran
but think of it I wonder why no body have ever built a ship with the
size of a Nimitz Air craft carrier but instead of Airplanes fill it with
Anti-ship and aircraft missiles and also long range cruise missiles .
that ship will have quiet a lot of punch .

They used to make some ships with those descriptions and they used to be called battleships. I guess they do not make them anymore since everything has become miniaturized now adays from missiles to tech.

Please ignore this prism guy.

we don't need AC, they would be sitting duck in cause of war. first lets make destroyers and defence system able to protect it.

Iranian Navy Chief : Iran able to built Aircraft carriers

well , no one want built such expensive stuff ( and we can't prouduce such thing without help .... )
. IMO this quote meant that we want make a strong naval force in 10-20 years ahead ...

after all we need protect our interest in open seas ......

i think they can make one with some help off course but they will not because its just use less in current scenario when Iran have no navel version air craft, no advance submarines and battle group.
It can be a really after Iran come out of sanctions then may be with chines help and some new defense deals they may have there own AC. With oil in there land they have no problem of $$$ for maintaining a AC battle group ......................

Please ignore this prism guy.

we don't need AC, they would be sitting duck in cause of war. first lets make destroyers and defence system able to protect it.
They will be sitting ducks for the carrier's aircrafts.

Iran has built many small to medium size weapons which need further improvments. Building an Aircraft Carrier also needs couple of battle groups to protect it. Iran needs to think of the prerequisites first and this article by the Iranian Navy may just be a statement that is not backed by reality on the ground.

Iran does not need an Aircraft Carrier because it does not plan to Invade another country or have a Blue Water Navy. Iran's Strategy should be Defensive in nature and for that it has just the right type of Navy. Missile carrying Fast Crafts, Frigates and Miniature Submarines which operate well in the shallow waters of Persian Gulf.

I think, he wants to say that, they have got the tech. and infrastructure to build
exactly
Iran is a producer of ocean-going ships
12_8805290764_L600.jpg

also this year Iran will unveil much biger ocean-going ship and Venezuela is going to be its first customer

Back
Top Bottom