What's new

Iranian Navy Chief : Iran able to built Aircraft carriers

BordoEnes

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Iran capable of building aircraft carriers: Navy chief
shamsara20120310104046240.jpg

Iranian Navy vessel fires a Mehrab missile during the "Velayat-90" naval war games in the Strait of Hormuz in southern Iran on January 1, 2012.
Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:27AM GMT

Considering the existing capabilities of the young experts in the Naval Forces and the countrys defense industry and universities, the Islamic Republic of Iran is capable to manufacture aircraft carriers, but we do not see any need in that respect.

Iran's Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari

Commander of Iran's naval forces Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari says the Islamic Republic possesses the know-how for manufacturing aircraft carriers.

Considering the existing capabilities of the young experts in the Naval Forces and the countrys defense industry and universities, the Islamic Republic of Iran is capable of manufacturing aircraft carriers, but we do not see any need in that respect, Sayyari said in a Saturday interview with IRNA.

The Iranian commander highlighted Irans extensive defense expertise and noted, Today, we are at a level where we can domestically build any equipment required by the Navy and other armed forces.

He went on to say that at this juncture, manufacturing of aircraft carriers is not among the priorities of the Navy, however the country is ready to build the vessels if top officials see the need for one.

Sayyari argued that Irans defense doctrine differs from that of the colonialists and contrary to the expansionist policies of the hegemonic powers, adding the Islamic Republics defense strategies are aimed at serving its national interests.

Elsewhere in his remarks, Irans Navy chief praised the countrys presence in the international waters and announced Tehran plans to enhance that role in the next Iranian calendar year (starting March 21, 2012).

Iran's Navy has increased its presence in the international waters since last year, deploying vessels in the Indian Ocean and sending two ships via the Suez Canal to the Mediterranean for the first time in February 2011.

ASH/AZ/MA

PressTV - Iran capable of building aircraft carriers: Navy chief

We don't need Aircraft carriers ... you know why :meeting:

i think we should get tech from iran now;) iran is getting serious under sanctions;)

I know it must sound strange for people used to always bending over for whomever is more powerful...

i embrace powerful iran;) and what you are going to put on carrier;) and total cost of building carrier with a/c is above 6 billion even if u station 10 fighters there;)

and aircraft carrier dont move alone..they go with subs,frigates etc....its like army with full air and under water support..;)

so how you are going to arrange it;)

its easy to say yes :D but how??Thats why i sometimes laugh @ articles and comments given by iranian authorities;)

iran daily invent some military hardware;)

i embrace powerful iran;) and what you are going to put on carrier;) and total cost of building carrier with a/c is above 6 billion even if u station 10 fighters there;)

and aircraft carrier dont move alone..they go with subs,frigates etc....its like army with full air and under water support..;)

its easy to say yes :D but how??Thats why i sometimes laugh @ articles and comments given by iranian authorities;)

for example ... F14

Re: Iranian Navy Chief : Iran able to built Aircraft carriers

Iranian Navy Chief : Iran able to build Aircraft carriers

One mistake : 19
-------------------------------------------

I'd rather Iran focus on building more submarine , frigate and destroyer instead of aircraft carriers . we need more frigate like Jamaran or maybe a real destroyer .

Iranian Navy Chief : Iran able to build Aircraft carriers

One mistake : 19
-------------------------------------------

I'd rather Iran focus on building more submarine , frigate and destroyer instead of aircraft carriers . we need more frigate like Jamaran or maybe a real destroyer .

& helicopter carriers ;)

I see you have comprehension issues with English. A crying shame considering how Indians keep the language of their master in such high esteem. No worries though. I will repost the pertinent section of the article so you wont be confused. Now take your time with that before you go on a smilie rampage again:

"He went on to say that at this juncture, manufacturing of aircraft carriers is not among the priorities of the Navy, however the country is ready to build the vessels if top officials see the need for one. "

Back
Top Bottom