What's new

Iranian Music Thread

Looks like Soleimani is still alive.
What’s interesting with these new wave of religious ballads is that there’s a ‘rock’ beat I’ve never heard before. They manifest as chest beatings or cymbals but they definitely give off a whiff of rock and they’re common in many of these. I wonder how this had come to be? Anyone, thoughts?

Last edited:
What find interesting with these new wave of religious ballads is that there’s a ‘rock’ beat I’ve never heard before. They manifest as chest beatings or cymbals but they definitely give off a whiff of rock and they’re common in many of these. I wonder how this had come to be? Anyone, thoughts?

The youth is lot on social media and so their "taste" of music has changed. So maybe this is why there is a bit "modernization".

The youth is lot on social media and so their "taste" of music has changed. So maybe this is why there is a bit "modernization".
Yeah, I agree. Quite a powerful development IMO . This might open the path to reverse flow of religious music into the west. Could become part of an Iranian ’brand’. Anguillans who hear this don’t find the beat entirely alien and some like it too. Almost like the word ‘karaoke’ which is rooted in ‘orchestra’. Frankly these struck me as a pseudo-‘mosh pit’. Fascinating.

Last edited:
Excellent (new?) art and culture channel. Mixing the culture of the past with dynamism of modern Iran:

Excellent (new?) art and culture channel. Mixing the culture of the past with dynamism of modern Iran:

Acch, I posted incorrectly although the Jedaal channel is great. Below's my intended post from the pretty good Sam -Toh- Soo channel. It does a great job linking the old guard artists who were and became patriots and revolutionaries:

One of my favorites. Listen to Esfahani @ 2:45. Killer voice:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom