What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Sudan too bought MRAPs. Also an MRAP cannot stop RPGs. There are plenty of images of them in service, search up Rakhsh apc and you'll find plenty. There's a video from Ali Javid of them being accepted into service alongside tracked APCs. The toofan on the other hand has been seen at bases and during exercises

MRAP and APC are two different types of mechanized armour. I have said this to you before and you seem to refuse to understand this. Lastly MRAP equipped with cage armour can stop several models of RPG.

In either case until someone PAYS the contractor or puts down a down payment they won’t build. Iran has many contractors ready and able to build it MRAPs (as seen by the many prototypes). Lack of funding is the issue or maybe lack of desire for MRAPs by the powers that be in top brass...not capability.

MRAP are not intended to stop anything larger than small arms caliber,RPGs penetrate even MBTs very often,even IFV is projected to stop max up to 12.7..in some cases 14mm, those cage grids are ad hoc solutions implemented only in some situations due presence of large amount of 2-3 type of first generation anti personel RPG-7 shels...These are very rare but can be seen in Yemen,Afghanistan ..even Iraq and few other places,used by militias...it is not even very affective for this type of RPGs since very often cage itself penetrate MRAP in process,but still it will not be at least situation where charge detonate inside MRAP..any hit from even old PG-7 and they will be toast..even if you distance grid 5 meters...latter RPG-7s easily penetrate IFV and older MBTs while most modern were been able to penetrate even in Abrams,not main frontal armor but still..So,no MRAP is not projected to protect from RPGs,as name suggest it is projected to protect against ambush mines and small arms..but since militias very often lack proper knowledge of type of RPGs and their effective range and destruction...in many cases you may get luck and survive..but in any conflict against armed forces or better trained or equiped militias..you will not survive except you are some very lucky mother fucker... :In every military even basic 3-months weapons and combat training that conscript get when serve in military,include anti armor combat training,tactics..etc. This 3-month basic training is first thing you do in military,than based on your perfomanse in differet fields durring these 3 months ,you will be asigned somewhere...sniper,shooter,artilery,tanker...there is plenty of choices(choices for your superior ofcourse)...in short military will decide where you will serve rest of the time ,So they will know how to use even oldest RPGs. That is why I said it is ad hoc solution,not projected by design.

Good day (or Night?) everyone. guess when this picture was taken. (source is obvious I think?)

1635239884568.png

Hint: it is not before January 2021...

Hello!

Gimme that thing with something like a 105mm Gun-Turret.
Upgraded BMP-2M Turret (there are several M-Variants).

NOW I can give a Name to my fictive Iranian Armed Forces TOE 8x8. :D
Don't get me wrong, I only use stuff there which IS possibly, nothing unrealistic from the perspective of "can't manage to build/import/license-produce it".
Greetings!

Hello!

Don't get me wrong, I only use stuff there which IS possibly, nothing unrealistic from the perspective of "can't manage to build/import/license-produce it".
Greetings!
How about Raad unmanned turret, used on that Makran IFV
FCHFVroWUAAQvad.jpg

Also I think a 122mm or 120mm turret would be better than 105mm

How about Raad unmanned turret, used on that Makran IFVView attachment 788089

Yeah that turret would be a good alternative.
I dunno if the Iranians are still producing BMP-2 turrets.
BUT and that is always a thing for me - logistics.
Modernized BMP-2 turret (2A42 30x165mm, 7.62x54mmR PKTM, 40x53mm Nasir AGL, 2x2 Dehlavie) = 1 clap, two flies.
This Makran "IFV" will only be for export I think, I don't think Iranians will use these upgraded BTR-50PK anymore ...
The Makran is better for iranian supported PMF/PMC/PMU groups. Same like upgraded/modified T-72M1 and BMP-1/Boragh variants.

Aras-2 4x4 (enormous amount of variants)
Raad 6x6 THERE I would give the non deck penetrating turret from the Makran IFV
Tusan 8x8 30/105 variants, a 120mm gun mortar would be nice ... MAYBE 122mm HM 40, 100% with cage armor
BMP-2M (There are several examples, not exactly like the Berezhok-variant but more the sb4-2 / sb4-3 M-variants, so extra spaced and cage armour, still amphibious
Karrar MBT (Highly upgraded T-72S)
8x8 or 10x10 armored truck with 155mm HM 41

1 family of trucks, 4x4, 6x6, 8x8, 10x10

For artillery, it should be truck mounted.
The Iranians have some heavy trucks, uparmor them, give them a 12.7x108 RCWS, smoke launchers and there you go.

The less different vehicles, the better.
You don't need more to fill all roles... sure, different variants but much better than whole new chassis, engine, tracks/tires etc.

There is not a lot of MRAPs in service. Ask the border guards who need it the most. You guys think one picture of 7 MRAPs staged for a photo shoot means there are “plenty” of MRAPs in service.
Are any Iranian made MRAPs or APC etc or artillery in use in Syria or other places and, if so, how are they performing. Has there been any feedback on them.

Are any Iranian made MRAPs or APC etc or artillery in use in Syria or other places and, if so, how are they performing. Has there been any feedback on them.

No, Syrian uses Russian armour.

Iraqi militias use Iranian MRAPs and jeeps. Not sure about APCs since Iran hasn’t built a new modern APCs design, it just modernizes existing Russian/Soviet ones they have. Every once in a while the army will unveil an APC that is just a refurbished APC from the past.

I've never seen this before. Is it based off of the BTR-90 ? Looks good with a low profile. I would like to see the turret with some atgm launchers, maybe 4, 2.on each side.

Unpainted_Tusan_IFV.jpg

How about Raad unmanned turret, used on that Makran IFVView attachment 788089
Hello!

Greetings!

Back
Top Bottom