What's new

Iranian Ground Forces | News and Equipment

Does Iran possess Ataka and Khrizantema missiles?
Supposedly iran did acquire some AT-6 missiles and possibly AT-9 [Ataka] for its MIL-171sh fleet.
I`ve never seen any pictures of them tho`,so it could be like the mythical swedish RBS-70 manpads that were claimed to be in iranian service during the iran-iraq war.
:meeting:

7622470_original.jpg

Last edited:
As part of the Ektedar 1402 military exercises conducted by the Iranian army, firing of an Iranian high-precision Basir artillery shell was demonstrated. The shooting was carried out from an American-made M109A1B self-propelled gun; Iran began purchasing them in 1970. The Iranian 155mm Basir guided artillery shell was first shown in 2012 and is a copy of the Russian Krasnopol shell. The projectile is guided by a laser beam and can hit targets at a range of up to 20 kilometers.

As part of the Ektedar 1402 military exercises conducted by the Iranian army, firing of an Iranian high-precision Basir artillery shell was demonstrated. The shooting was carried out from an American-made M109A1B self-propelled gun; Iran began purchasing them in 1970. The Iranian 155mm Basir guided artillery shell was first shown in 2012 and is a copy of the Russian Krasnopol shell. The projectile is guided by a laser beam and can hit targets at a range of up to 20 kilometers.

Good job Iranians. Finally something good.

What is the guidance method? GPS/INS?

Edit:
Oh damn... it says laser guided... my bad.

It's not very useful like this on its own. It needs to be networked with forward observers and drones. That's much trickier than making the laser guided shell. I mean having the artillery directly linked with the network using datalink.

Still, good start.

Last edited:

Edit:

It's not very useful like this on its own. It needs to be networked with forward observers and drones. That's much trickier than making the laser guided shell. I mean having the artillery directly linked with the network using datalink.

Still, good start.
Basir artillery is from a decade or longer ago I think by now it’s far more along, probably something like basir 3.0 etc.

Edit:

Still, good start.
This bullet has been in service for at least 12 years in Iran.

Edit:

Still, good start.
We’ll be happy to teach you the basics. You need to show aptitude first though.😀

We’ll be happy to teach you the basics. You need to show aptitude first though.😀
We have one of the most diverse line of munitions in the world, too many to list here. Thank you though for your fake support

We have one of the most diverse line of munitions in the world, too many to list here. Thank you though for your fake support
I’m not talking about western garbage tek you’re assembling (poorly). I’m talking about real indigenous tek other than candy which Türkiye obviously doesn’t have.

I like to order in pink please.😀

Against terrorist groups in Iraqi Kurdistan.
Thank you

The footage is too low quality to determine what drone(I'm assuming shahed 129) or what munition is being used but it did catch my attention that all of it was captured through a day camera.

Interesting.

I’m not talking about western garbage tek you’re assembling (poorly). I’m talking about real indigenous tek other than candy which Türkiye obviously doesn’t have.

I like to order in pink please.😀
Low quality trolling.

Back
Top Bottom