What's new

Iranian Economy.....news and discussions

The-Worlds-Largest-Steel-Producing-Countries_May18.jpg

single most important economic indicator of Iranian economy shows that after almost two years Raisi economics team has failed so far to reduce this number...this number keeps going up while Iran has the cheapest energy (OIL + GAS + Electricity)..makes no sense to me ..has production stopped in Iran under !!..I need help of an economist to figure this out!!!:undecided:

Iran’s annual inflation rate rises 1.8% to 47.6% in April​

Saturday, 20 May 2023 6:19 PM [ Last Update: Saturday, 20 May 2023 6:19 PM ]

US Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) (L) talks with Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) during a rally with fellow Democrats before voting on H.R. 1, or the People Act, on the East Steps of the US Capitol on March 08, 2019 in Washington, DC. (AFP photo)

Iran’s annual inflation rate rose 1.8% to 47.6% in the calendar month to late April.
Figures by the Statistical Center of Iran (SCI) show the country’s annual inflation rate rose by 1.8% to 47.6% in the calendar month to late April.
SCI figures published on Saturday showed that Iran's consumer price index (CPI) had reached 180.5 in March, up 3.7% from the previous month and 55.5% higher from the same figure reported in April 2022.
The figures showed that Iran’s monthly CPI for food, beverages and tobacco had increased by 4% in April compared to March while services CPI increased by 3.5% month-on-month.
The SCI announced earlier this year that it had changed in baseline year for calculation of inflation rate from 2017 to 2021.
The annual inflation rate announced for the calendar month in April is one of the highest recorded in the country in three decades.
Iran has been experiencing high but controlled levels of inflation in recent years as the country has struggled with the impacts of global inflationary trends and the US sanctions targeting its crude oil exports.
Experts believe economic policies adopted by the Iranian government to reduce the country’s reliance on oil revenues have also contributed tp soaring prices.
Iranian inflation rates resumed an upward trend in mid-2022 after the government decided to stop earmarking heavy subsidies to imports of some basic goods.

Iran's economy targets for the next 5 years (2023-2028):
  • Average GDP growth of : 8%
  • Inflation: 9.5%
So here you have it..a 5 year plan for the miracle to happen...I do not know what to say but judging from the performance of the last two years someone is smoking real good stuff..lol8-)

Iran's economy targets for the next 5 years (2023-2028):
  • Average GDP growth of : 8%
  • Inflation: 9.5%
So here you have it..a 5 year plan for the miracle to happen...I do not know what to say but judging from the performance of the last two years someone is smoking real good stuff..lol8-)
tell me a single one of our numerous 5 year plans that achieved its goals

Iran's exports to China during first 4 months of 2023 is $1.52 billion (39 percent decrease compared same 4 months of 2022 )

Iran's imports from China $3.71 billion ( an increase of 46 percent compared to same 4 months of last year )

Iran's exports to China during first 4 months of 2023 is $1.52 billion (39 percent decrease compared same 4 months of 2022 )

Iran's imports from China $3.71 billion ( an increase of 46 percent compared to same 4 months of last year )
Thanks raesi

In other words:

For every $1 dollar of oil that we sell to China we buy $ 4 dollars of stuff from China. Or even better..in order for China to buy our oil we not only have to give them 40% discount but we also have to buy 4 times their stuff..so that they can honor us by buying our oil...is that how Raisi beats sanctions!!!..

With that kind performance by our economics minister no wonder he started giving speech in Arabic..an apartment in Dubai comes to mind.. lol

On a serious note this is F*cking disaster..

Last edited:
@aryobarzan @Hack-Hook

During 2020-2022 we had close/similar numbers with China which was nice and few countries had that kind of trade with China. I don't know what is happening right now ...

Are they buying machines for building millions of houses or is it classic consumer stuff ?

In other words:

For every $1 dollar of oil that we sell to China we buy $ 4 dollars of stuff from China. Or even better..in order for China to buy our oil we not only have to give them 40% discount but we also have to buy 4 times their stuff..so that they can honor us by buying our oil...is that how Raisi beats sanctions!!!..

With that kind performance by our economics minister no wonder he started giving speech in Arabic..an apartment in Dubai comes to mind.. lol

On a serious note this is F*cking disaster..
Iran doesn't have too many potential import markets so it's not necessarily concerning (I guess Turkey UAE and China are top 3)

I wonder if those numbers include all oil exports to China, not just the 'official' exports

Ne3RW5fuWfx1.jpg

Iran, Indonesia to sign preferential trade agreement​

The PTA signing will continue with the ratification process, with each country formulating its own mechanism. The products that will be listed in the PTA will include processed foods, pharmaceutical products, rubber, paper, textiles, wood, footwear, cotton, electrical machinery, motorized vehicles, manufacturing products, chemicals, and aluminum.

Indonesian products that are quite popular in the Iranian market such as vegetable oil, cocoa, coffee, tea, spices, fruits, vegetables, and fish, will also be given preference in the PTA.

Meanwhile, Indonesia will provide lower tariff facilities for several products originating from Iran, including mineral fuel, oil and its derivatives, chemicals, steel, pharmaceuticals, mechanical equipment, fruits, processed foods, nuts, and wheat.

ChinaIE.PNG

In English version of website of China's customs I couldn't find data related to Iran ...

Something changed here or source of Shargh was somewhere else ?

I don't know what is happening right now ...
The data shows China imports from Iran has dropped significantly..what China imports from Iran now is just 40% discounted OIL ..that is all...so the $400 billion dollars 25 year agreement (15-20 billion dollars per year)..is only 5 billion dollars last year and all of it in favour of China. Basically Iran shifting majority of her imports to China and China in return honoring us by buying a bit of oil at 40% discount:mad:.

This massive trade imbalance deal! (capitulation :taz:) is the kind of deals Iran made with foreign countries under Qajar dynasty..Master/slave relationship that mullahs correctly blamed on monarchy systems is now practiced by Islamic Republic herself in relationship with China. I do not blame China for being pro China..I blame Iranian leaders for putting themselves in such predicament that even their close friend take advantage of them. China imports 1.2 million barrel of oil daily from Iran at 40% discount..that means Iran is giving China almost $50 million dollars per day free oil.

Main reason for all this stupidity: Iran's anti every one foreign policy..a self made endless pit the mullahs have put Iran in it ...:coffee:

The data shows China imports from Iran has dropped significantly..what China imports from Iran now is just 40% discounted OIL ..that is all...so the $400 billion dollars 25 year agreement (15-20 billion dollars per year)..is only 5 billion dollars last year and all of it in favour of China. Basically Iran shifting majority of her imports to China and China in return honoring us by buying a bit of oil at 40% discount:mad:.

This massive trade imbalance deal! (capitulation :taz:) is the kind of deals Iran made with foreign countries under Qajar dynasty..Master/slave relationship that mullahs correctly blamed on monarchy systems is now practiced by Islamic Republic herself in relationship with China. I do not blame China for being pro China..I blame Iranian leaders for putting themselves in such predicament that even their close friend take advantage of them. China imports 1.2 million barrel of oil daily from Iran at 40% discount..that means Iran is giving China almost $50 million dollars per day free oil.

Main reason for all this stupidity: Iran's anti every one foreign policy..a self made endless pit the mullahs have put Iran in it ...:coffee:
I don't think that's a fair analysis.

If China had a trade deficit with Iran would you call that a master/slave relationship?

40% discount is a dubious assertion and IIRC rejected by Iranian officials. Regardless, if no one else is willing to buy Iranian oil at all and the sale price is above the cost of production, the market rate for others is irrelevant and it's not "free" oil at all.

"no one else is willing to buy Iranian oil at all"
....hummm... I wonder why no one wants to buy Iranian oil!!.:undecided:
Because the USA is imposing economic warfare against Iranians and uses its dominance of the international financial system to coerce other countries not to trade with Iran.

But that is not relevant to your assertion that Iran is giving China "free" oil, which is not true.

Back
Top Bottom