What's new

Iranian Combat Aircraft Programmes

The below aircraft may look "ridicule" but it flew as a testbed prior to the full scale f-117
haveblu.jpg

Can you show me a fighter jet with top intakes, other than prototypes and conceptual drawings. Let's not talk about Qaher but in general.

Are you taking about fighter for air to air combat?
If so, why not consider the X-47?
There was a fighter jet with top intake that looked like F-5 but I searched about 60 pages of a thread but could not find it. I'll keep searching and quote you when I find it.

I found it, it was the F-107, but it never entered production because it lost the competition.

1024px-NAA_XF-107A.jpg

Are you taking about fighter for air to air combat?
If so, why not consider the X-47?
There was a fighter jet with top intake that looked like F-5 but I searched about 60 pages of a thread but could not find it. I'll keep searching and quote you when I find it.
I highly doubt that X-47 can enter into dog fight, and it's still a prototype...Maybe it is gonna use some BVR missiles.... :meeting:
I found it, it was the F-107, but it never entered production because it lost the competition.

1024px-NAA_XF-107A.jpg

It looks like a bizarre plane....but i think you get my point....

For example you are conducting a CAS mission...you dive with your plane , realese bombs, fire rockets...and pull up... angle of attack increases...top intake can't get enough air, engine chokes... That's the primary reason why every fighter jet our there has their engine intakes below the fuselage.

Back
Top Bottom