What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Shahab-3 is modified SCUD/Nodong which lacks accuracy and follows a predictable trajectory - it's food for Israeli Patriot missiles.

Iran has large numbers of SCUD-based MRBMs (Shahab 3, Ghadr, Rezvan, Emad) and smaller numbers of advanced precision-guided MRBMs (Fattah, Khorramshahr-4).

This leaves, in my view, two approaches to a large-scale missile strike against Israel:
  1. Use large number of SCUD-based missiles to saturate Israeli air defences and drain missile interceptors, degrading Israel's AD network, then follow-up with targeted strikes of Fattah and Khorramshahr-4, giving the best missiles the highest chance of successful impact. The US will be on hand to resupply these interceptors, so this has to happen quickly.
  2. Use Fattah and Khorramshahr-4 to target Israeli AD sites to degrade Israel's AD network (i.e. by targeting large radars and known SAM sites), then follow-up with large numbers of SCUD-based missiles which will be able to inflict significant damage.

The first route seems too wasteful and the IRGC seem to have designed Fattah specifically for the purpose in the second route. Of course, this ignores the role of UAVs and LACMs (and proxies).

Any attack on Israel would have to be comprehensive in scope right off the bat.

Launching thousands of suicide drones from various points across the Middle East (also Iranian soil) alongside a smaller of number of cruise missiles, should place heavy burden on their IADS. Couple that with mass launches of Ballistic Missiles from Southern and Western IRGC Aerospace bases, then you should have the numbers to punch through most defenses. Higher probability of scoring critical hits on strategic targets as well as infrastructure if done in such a way.

All that’s left is a political decision.

1. Use Fattah and Khorramshahr-4 to target Israeli AD sites to degrade Israel's AD network (i.e. by targeting large radars and known SAM sites), then follow-up with large numbers of SCUD-based missiles which will be able to inflict significant damage.
It'll be mixed in together in a salvo.

Shahab-3 based missiles would be mostly used with cluster/sub munition warheads ever since the precision guidance revolution that occurred in Iran in last 15 years. You can do alot of damaged with a few hundred submunitions per warhead.

And for retaliatory bombing of cities in case they decided to do collective punishment attacks.

I advocate for a large number of scud-based missiles because they can be used with submunitions, and production and quantity can be quite fast relatively. Even for indiscriminate fire support, you can saturate a very large area with submunitions with 20 shahab-3's without expensive guidance. If theirs a large garrison of 2000 soldiers in a town, you can liter the whole area, or an airbase.

Each warhead would carry 80 submunitions travel at high speeds, with large fragmentation radiuses.

Last edited:
After dropping 10,000+ bombs on Gaza in less than two weeks (3-6 million kg of explosives), Hamas and PIJ are still able to launch large rocket barrages towards Tel Aviv. So far there is no evidence that Israel is able to destroy this ability. To do that they would probably need to occupy all of Gaza to intercept the smuggling routes from Egypt, but that's not realistic.

I did not compare the kinetic impact, just the amount of explosives. A 1500kg warhead impacting at mach 10+ will obviously create a massive impact radius but Israel is also much larger than Gaza and has invested heavily in advanced AD systems. In any event, I repeat: 1000 Khorramshahr-4 missiles successfully defeating Israel's advanced and layered AD systems will not have as much impact on a war as you think.

Israeli confirmed that they dropped 6000 bombs on Gaza 6 days ago (at this rate, the number is now probably 10,000-15,000): https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/is...pped-6-000-bombs-on-gaza-QK1aSnupiGqytMVO86PU

MK-84 bomb contains c. 500kg of explosives. 10,000 x 500 = 5,000,000kg (kg, not lbs). (This is, of course, a very rough estimate.)

Indeed. Nor can they match WMDs. Israel is capable of(/possesses) both, Iran neither.

Incorrect! You neither understand the fundamentals of missile strategy nor do you understand why Zionist is far more vulnerable to that strategy than Hamas is to ‘tons of bombs’.

Comparing missile strikes on Zionia to carpet bombing Gaza is like comparing apples and …well گوز شتر.

Merkava Tank with COPE Cage (I guess against Top attack ATGM or drones, gives shading to the tank commander also!!)..A jewish invention !..:woot:
COPE_Cage.jpg

Last edited:
Middle East, Dawn to Dusk

I would like to share an interesting story with you, gentlemen. It's about nations of middle east and India.

At the height of his career in fascism, the infamous british colonialist, Winston Churchill held a training session for some of his closest minions during a visit to middle east and India, in which, he released a full grown rooster into a circular enclosure, where he asked his minions to try to capture, and kill that rooster.

None of his minions were able to catch the rooster.

Finally, Churchill stepped in, and said, “Let me show you the proper way of doing this”. He released a second rooster into the enclosure. The two roosters immediately began to fight.

Churchill simply walked up to the two fighting roosters, grabbed both of them by the neck,and snapped their heads off, and acknowledge his audience holding the dead roosters in his hands:

Gentlemen, “This is how it's done”

There you have it,gentlemen. Those roosters were you, sadly they still are, and probably will be, regardless of how strong you feel or think about your faith, your country, yourselves, and each other.

Any question,gentlemen?

PS-As much as we all would like to see Israel punished for its crimes, however, none of this will go beyond issuing harsh statements, verbal threat, and random attacks on Israel to for public consumption, because, Israel is armed with nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons and would not hesitate to use them against anyone having the global support behind it including Russia and china, and none of its enemies have the nukes.
Therefore, do not expect any serious damage to Israel. Build the bomb, then talk tough. In fact, if you had the bomb, you would not even have to talk tough, because you would be by default, and will be feared by your enemies.

Last edited:
Middle East, Dawn to Dusk

I would like to share an interesting story with you, gentlemen. It's about nations of middle east and India.

At the height of his career in fascism, the infamous british colonialist, Winston Churchill held a training session for some of his closest minions during a visit to middle east and India, in which, he released a full grown rooster into a circular enclosure, where he asked his minions to try to capture, and kill that rooster.

None of his minions were able to catch the rooster.

Finally, Churchill stepped in, and said, “Let me show you the proper way of doing this”. He released a second rooster into the enclosure. The two roosters immediately began to fight.

Churchill simply walked up to the two fighting roosters, grabbed both of them by the neck,and snapped their heads off, and acknowledge his audience:

Gentlemen, “This is how it's done”

There you have it,gentlemen. Those roosters were you, sadly they still are, and probably will be, regardless of how strong you feel or think about your faith, your country, yourselves, and each other.

Any question,gentlemen?
Was Churchill sober when he handled two cocks at the same time!:woot::woot:

Was Churchill sober when he handled two cocks at the same time!:woot::woot::woot::woot:
He was (by far more sober than you folks ever be due to his ability to subjugate you), and he knew what he was doing unlike you people. The question is, are "you" sober, with an opium pipe on one hand, and a keyboard on the other, while asking such stupid question.

Of course, I must have underestimated the fact that the likes of you were capable of understanding the implication of such reality dawn to dusk.

One more thing, you didn't post a picture of your pipe here this time in your reply to claim it was mine. Perhaps, you dropped it on the floor, burned the rug and your fingers, or how about taking a picture of your own prescription drugs like Thorazine or chlorpromazine to offer them to others.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom