What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Why don't you take it up with the user in question? Instead of addressing the user directly and letting them know you consider them "delusional", you started picking on me merely for supporting said user's right to speak their mind. Very strange.
Your right free speech no matter how idiotic and delusional people may “believe” it is, also since I really haven’t been following the site as much as before I actually don’t know who made the comment originally but when I saw the bashar as a savior of humanity I had to laugh at that sorry….but please tell him he’s delusional as well.
You can tag that person and tell him sorry I think he is IDIOTIC and DELUSIONAL, I’m assuming you think we are buddies lol yes if I have agreed with whoever this person was in the past I definitely wouldn’t ever agree with someone who thinks Bashar is a leader of any kind.

Iran foils mass assassination plot against IRGC officials and Sunni clerics​

The Iranian news outlet claimed that the plot was supposed to have been carried out on 30 September.

It added that the attacks were aimed at "fueling ethnic and religious differences," particularly sectarian differences, as many of the clerics listed in the plot were Sunni.

Khatib warned both Sunni and Shia clerics to be vigilant and said that “enemies are after afflicting the country's eastern borders with insecurity.”

The announcement comes just days after Tehran revealed its prevention of a large plot to carry out a series of bombings in Tehran, arresting dozens of elements linked with ISIS.

The Iranian Intelligence Ministry announced in a statement on 24 September that its forces had discovered a plot to carry out 30 simultaneous bombing attacks on crowded areas of the capital, Tehran, and have arrested all alleged participants.

Iran foils mass assassination plot against IRGC officials and Sunni clerics​

And yet just the other day couple users on here said a military convoy traveling in one of the hot spot regions of Iran is safe from IEDs. Why? Because they are “Iranian roadways” and who in Iran would “plant bombs on Iranian roadways”.

:coffee:

When the enemy somehow manages to conduct sabotage in Iran: naggers deride Iranian security forces over entire pages of the forum.

When Iran foils multiple enemy plots: hardly a single post commending Iranian security forces for their feat against the most resourceful intelligence apparatuses of the world. And naggers still find ways, through mental gymnastics, to take aim at Iranian security forces.

Simply unbelievable.

Last edited:
When the enemy somehow manages to conduct sabotage in Iran: naggers deride Iranian security forces over entire pages of the forum.

When Iran foils multiple enemy plots: hardly a single post commending Iranian security forces for their feat against the most resourceful intelligence apparatuses of the world. And naggers still find a way, through mental gymnastics, to take aim at Iranian security forces.

Simply unbelievable.
I broadly agree. However, there’s an additional reason of the many correct ones you pointed out. Iranian messaging is poor, conflicting, and quite often irrational boasting.

As I’ve said millions of times before until the IRI cleans up its messaging act it will continue to deliver self-goals to its opponents while making life difficult for its proponents.

What you see is fatigue resulting from the flotsam and jetsam of IRI messaging.

Last edited:
I broadly agree. However, there’s an additional reason of the many correct ones you pointed out. Iranian messaging is poor, conflicting, and quite often irrational boasting.

As I’ve said millions of times before until the IRI cleans up its messaging act it will continue to deliver self-goals to its opponents while making life difficult for its proponents.

What you see is fatigue resulting from the flotsam and jetsam of IRI messaging.

In order to be able to gauge this hypothesis, I would need a breakdown of your reasoning with regards to the concrete example at hand. What are the precise characteristics of Iran's messaging on enemy sabotage / terrorism and on the success of security forces in neutralizing sabotage / terrorism? How do said characteristics lead to fatigue with users of this forum? How does fatigue in turn make users who are supposed to be intelligent and patriotic enough, apply the irrational double-standard I highlighted (what I basically did, was to notice a blatant discrepancy, I did not establish a causality as far as I can tell), and how can they fail to realize their own negative bias in this matter?

This said, I am of the belief (and have expressed my take in the past) that whatever statements Iranian officials make, it won't suffice to counterbalance the enemy's colossal propaganda-cum-censorship machinery. Basically, the overwhelming bulk of media and internet belong to the enemy and are colonized by its footmen in and outside Iran. Given the enemy's insurmountable resource advantage, dissenting voices including the Islamic Republic's will be drowned out at any rate.

I have been observing this kind of phenomenon in relation to a select few dissident movements in the west, whose communication output at the intellectual level and in terms of persuasion power would literally dwarf almost anything Iranians are usually exposed to, including the enemy's most professional psy-ops centers à la BBC or anti-Iranian academia. Nevertheless the powers to be know - through a combination of repression, flooding and more insidiously through social engineering, how to keep the broader public from adhering to the messages emitted by the movements in question.

Compounding the matter, a successful formula for irregular / guerilla / asymmetric warfare in the informational and soft power realm is yet to emerge. Simply put, while successful asymmetric Resistance and deterrence is possible in the area of military and hard power (including messaging directly aimed at impacting the battlefield), there is no such thing as asymmetric information warfare or asymmetric social engineering. Here, sheer quantity and control of loudspeakers is the critical factor, and it will always trump quality and fundamental operational doctrine. There are a number of friendly commentators who, it would seem, might be putting too much hope on what is in fact an impracticable ideal type of re-information and more deeply, of farhangsāzi.

A third issue is how form affects the essence of messaging, not to mention the social body itself. If you format your communication according to the dominant norms of Hollywoodesque shallowness, the enemy will be victorious already. You cannot convey the Revolution's lofty principles and the justness of its struggle through a media ecosystem where access to information becomes synonymous with impulsive consumerism and satisfaction of desires i.e. the modus operandi of the contemporary capitalism mode of production with its libertarian-liberal face, which Clouscard masterfully conceptualized under the designation capitalism of desire. You give in on this, you have lost to the enemy already.

The solution thus does not reside in improving messaging as long as gates are left open for the enemy to poison the environment with its suffocating propaganda apparatus, its disproportionate vectors of cultural aggression and social engineering. The way to go is to shut down these infiltration channels and their subversive domestic relays (under many aspects, disinformation and psychological warfare is fraught with as much peril as kinetic aggression). In certain relevant instances taking a leaf out of western regimes' own book would suffice. Then and only then can refinement of the revolutionary camp's in-house PR incrementally bear fruit.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom