What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Did anyone ever play the Metal Gear Solid games?
Qassem Soleimani is "The Boss". We should make clones out of him.
Solid Qassem and Liquid Qassem.

Off course Liquid Qassem would be evil variant and turn the world upside down.
And if you havent played, then you probably dont know what the hell Im talking about. lol
MGS is the best game series ever.

DSLR for sure then , i really love photography , but my 13 megapixel sony camera does NOT let me do that .

Shitty does not begin to cover it , i prefer my phone's camera .

yeah and i would appreciate some help regarding the best model to buy and the price is not so important
With DSLR cameras, the money should mainly go towards better lenses rather than the camera itself. You want to pick between Canon and Nikon only, not b/c other manufacturers make shitty cameras, but b/c Cannon and Nikon are essentially the "Samsung vs Apple" of the camera world and that is hugely important for 2 reasons:

1) community support - when it comes to learning, you have to learn on the camera you work with and if you can watch videos where people are playing around with the same equipment as yours, you'll learn faster. These two cameras are so popular that you can easily find tutorial videos for every feature of the camera.

2) cheap lenses - the whole point of having a DSLR is so that you can have different lenses and these mother fuckers can get expensive real fast. Cannon and Nikon have more sales b/c of their bigger mkt share, but more importantly there is a bigger second hand market where you can get used lenses in the future. That's key.

I went with Nikon b/c I found a great deal. Plus I had heard that their operating systems are more noob friendly. Go on youtube and see what the reviews say, but in general it doesn't matter which company you go with. Just remember that you will be stuck with that brand. Each company uses a different mount type for their lenses. A Sony lens will not mount on a Nikon and a Nikon lens won't....

I don't know the Cannon lineup, but with Nikon, you have the 3000 series, the 5000 series and then the 7000 series. These 3 are Nikon's DX cropped sensor DSLR cameras (as opposed to full sensor FX cameras which are meant for professional use). Within each of these 3 line ups, there are 3 more levels you can go. For example you can get a D3100, a D3200 or a D3300. The X100 and X200 are now discontinued, but they are still around and can be had for cheap. I use a D5100 myself. The D3100 and D5100 both have an inferior sensor compared to the D3300 and D5300. But I don't regret buying the D5100 as a first camera. When you first buy a DSLR, the most important thing is understanding the ecosystem. You can have a 5000 dollar camera, but if you don't know how to use it, your pictures will be shittier than the ones you take with your phone. I personally love the D7100. Have used it at camera shops and I love it. But I'd rather keep my inferior D5100 for a couple more years and spend money on lenses instead.

Whatever camera you go with, spend some money on a 1 day crash course/work shop (class feshorde) and learn the basics of photography and the basics of your camera. Every DSLR has an Automatic mode that essentially turns the camera into a point and shoot. If you leave it on Auto mode, you have wasted a lot of money for nothing. At the same time you can't learn on your own without being on the right path. A 1 day class will save 6 months of trial and error b/c you will understand what a DSLR is and what its purpose is. Only then you can go and teach yourself how to use it.

Anyway, I don't know how the market in Iran is and how things work. Ask people who have DSLR cameras and see where they got their cameras from. Choose between Nikon and Cannon. If you go with Nikon, decide between a 7100 and 3300/5300. Make sure you take a 1 day crash course on how you use the dials on the camera and hopefully they talk about the fundamentals of photography if you do find a course. After that it's a life time of trial and error and a lot of money wasted on gadgets and lenses.

I get inspirations from this site:
Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing

Look at people's photos and scroll down to see what cameras they used and what lenses. It might also tell you the focal length and other information that won't make sense to you right now. I love that site. Don't try to search specific places in the search bar. Just look at the highest rated pictures on the first page.

Last edited:
I don't know the Cannon lineup, but with Nikon, you have the 3000 series, the 5000 series and then the 7000 series. These 3 are Nikon's DX cropped sensor DSLR cameras (as opposed to full censor FX cameras which are meant for professional use). Within each of these 3 line ups, there are 3 more levels you can go. For example you can get a D3100, a D3200 or a D3300. The X100 and X200 are now discontinued, but they are still around and can be had for cheap. I use a D5100 myself. The D3100 and D5100 both have an inferior censor compared to the D3300 and D5300. But I don't regret buying the D5100 as a first camera. When you first buy a DSLR, the most important thing is understanding the ecosystem. You can have a 5000 dollar camera, but if you don't know how to use it, your pictures will be shittier than the ones you take with your phone. I personally love the D7100. Have used it at camera shops and I love it. But I'd rather keep my inferior D5100 for a couple more years and spend money on lenses instead.
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation .

the D7100 has relatively average price : 950 USD$ in iran it'll probably be around 3 million tomans .

but your camera also looks pretty good , it has some really good comments about it .

d5200.jpg

the D7100 that you talked about seems to have the same light sensor as D-5200 though . i might as well go and buy the D-5200 . and work with the lenses as you said .

lol

What's up Iranians.

I finally watched this film, Prince of Persia.

What do you guys think? I was disappointed. They brought a white guy and girl as princes and princesses, and made Mughals look like fat Arabs.

@SOHEIL

Man akhare in hafte emtehane arshad daram, bade emtehan in section ro kolli taghir midam, bakhshe thread haie sticky baiad ye taghiri bokone va chandin topic edgham beshan. yekam kar dare , ishala bade emtehan anjam midam.

ye nazar sanji manand ham mizarim ke bebinim che konim ba thread ha. pas shoma in thread haie ro ke dorosts kardi update bokon ta bad ahianan edgham va update beshan.

Did you get that off of Imgur?

na yeki az in khabargozari haie dakheli gozashte bud, ona ham hatman az ye source khareji bardashtan.

@SOHEIL

Man akhare in hafte emtehane arshad daram, bade emtehan in section ro kolli taghir midam, bakhshe thread haie sticky baiad ye taghiri bokone va chandin topic edgham beshan. yekam kar dare , ishala bade emtehan anjam midam.

ye nazar sanji manand ham mizarim ke bebinim che konim ba thread ha. pas shoma in thread haie ro ke dorosts kardi update bokon ta bad ahianan edgham vaupdate beshan.

حاجی ادغام نکنی ها

من برای اینکه از شر اسپم ها خلاص بشیم و نظم داشته باشه تاپیک جدید زدم

پس لطف کن هماهنگ کن ... شکست عشقی نخوریم
:D

ok, albate in topic haie ke mizani nemishe sticky kard. masalan nemishe faghat ye topic vase safir 1 bashe. ye topic baraie kavoshgara darim tuie on baiad matlab bezari.

ya baraie uav ha, hamashun ro tuie yek topic jam minonam, va hamintor zir dariaie ha

ok, albate in topic haie ke mizani nemishe sticky kard. masalan nemishe faghat ye topic vase safir 1 bashe. ye topic baraie kavoshgara darim tuie on baiad matlab bezari.

ya baraie uav ha, hamashun ro tuie yek topic jam minonam, va hamintor zir dariaie ha

خوب نه دیگه ... یه سری ها شاخص هستند

اگه قراره اینطوری بشه لطف کن استیکی نکن

من به همون پایین راضی هستم

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation .

the D7100 has relatively average price : 950 USD$ in iran it'll probably be around 3 million tomans .

but your camera also looks pretty good , it has some really good comments about it .

d5200.jpg

the D7100 that you talked about seems to have the same light sensor as D-5200 though . i might as well go and buy the D-5200 . and work with the lenses as you said .

lol
Yeah that 24 MP sensor is what you should be after (the chart doesn't show you one thing, see the note below). If you can get it on a cheaper body, go for it. I have the old 16 MP sensor that came with X100 series cameras. Not the best, but serves my needs for now. The 3000 and 5000 series cameras are designed for noobs btw, so the controls will be easier to understand. The 7000 is designed for a more advanced amateur photographer.

Yeah the 7100 is still around a thousand bucks in Canada, but in the US I've seen it drop down to 700 dollars before. Too expensive for a beginner IMO.

NOTE: The D7100 has an internal auto focus motor. Lenses come in two formats: AF-S and AF. The former are more modern lenses that focus on their own. They're designed for the lower end cameras like mine that don't have an internal auto focus motor. The AF lenses don't have auto focus and they're a pain in the *** if your camera doesn't have an auto focus motor built in, b/c you have to manually turn the ring like we're in 1972. They're however much cheaper and the quality is just as good.

If you have a D7100, a camera with an internal focus motor, you'll be able to buy cheap AF lenses and allow your camera to focus the lens for you. If you go with a camera without an internal focus motor, you just have to buy an AF-S lens and the lens itself will auto focus. AF-S lenses are usually a 100 dollars more. Not every lens comes in an AF edition though. So don't think that you can buy a 7100 and compensate the cost by going with the cheaper AF lenses. Sometimes you can't.

For example, a very common prime lens is the 50mm. Nikon has an AF model and an AF-S model. You can get the AF model for cheap (brand new it's 100 bucks in Canada, so probably 80 bucks in the US), while the AF-S model is 216 dollars in Canada. As you can see by the reviews, the AF-S is vastly more popular as more people use cameras without internal focus motors.
Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras: Amazon.ca: Camera & Photo
Amazon.com : Nikon 50mm f/1.8G AF-S NIKKOR FX Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras : Digital Slr Camera Lenses : Camera & Photo

My buddy went out and bought an AF 50 mm thinking he got an amazing deal. I told him a thousand times that he doesn't have an internal motor. Didn't get into his head. Wasted a 100 dollars b/c he has to focus the lens manually and it's a pain in the ***.

Last edited:
My buddy went out and bought an AF 50 mm thinking he got an amazing deal. I told him a thousand times that he doesn't have an internal motor. Didn't get into his head. Wasted a 100 dollars b/c he has to focus the lens manually and it's a pain in the ***.
no , i don't think i'm gonna start with DF-7xxx series . so i have to use AF-S lenses .

i'll probably go for either DF-5200 or DF-5300 , but before that i've got 2 more questions (sorry for giving you a headache) .
1- what is a lowpass filter ?
2-What are the most common used Lenses ? besides the 50mm that you mentioned ? and what are the differences ?

Yeah that 24 MP sensor is what you should be after
and apparently light sensor is not everything cause your camera got better review than DF-5200 which is 2 megapixel higher in resolution :|

no , i don't think i'm gonna start with DF-7xxx series . so i have to use AF-S lenses .

i'll probably go for either DF-5200 or DF-5300 , but before that i've got 2 more questions (sorry for giving you a headache) .
1- what is a lowpass filter ?
2-What are the most common used Lenses ? besides the 50mm that you mentioned ? and what are the differences ?

and apparently light sensor is not everything cause your camera got better review than DF-5200 which is 2 megapixel higher in resolution :|
The optical low pass filter reduces Moire and false color correction, but it's better to buy a camera with a low pass filter when you're starting out. Read this article (scroll down to where it says What is Moire):
Moire and False Color | The Role of the OLPF in D-SLRs from Nikon

There are two things to consider when it comes to a lens:

1) focal length - basically your zoom factor, and

2) aperture opening - the more that your lens' aperture can open up, the more light it can let it. The more light it can let in, the faster it can take a shot. The faster it can take a shot, the sharper an image will look without having to use a tripod. Plus, with a wide aperture lens, you can take pictures at night, b/c your camera can let in more light.

The maximum aperture opening is indicated by the f number on the lens. If you look at different lenses, they all have different f numbers indicated on them. The lower the f number, the bigger the aperture opening. The lower the f number, the more money you have to dish out.

As far as lenses go, that's something you shouldn't worry about till you understand what photography is and what you want to do as an amateur photographer. Landscape photography (probably the hardest thing to master btw) requires a different set of equipment compared to street photography. Even more different is macro photography (close up). The lens that comes with every camera is usually a zoom lens and you can do everything with it. The quality of your pictures won't be great, but it's MORE THAN ENOUGH until you learn the skills necessary to require an upgrade. Maybe after a year you'll look at your pics and realize that 80% of your pictures have been landscape. Then you can justify the expense of buying a lens that does landscape well. Or maybe you'll only end up taking street photos. In that case you can go and buy a relatively inexpensive 50mm or 35mm f1.8 (and you'll be ready to spy on poor young people and hand in their pics to etelaat).

I'll write more later tonight.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom