What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Just imagine the enemy jet pilots seeing a wall of missiles coming at them lol

But seriously though. This will give a bit of a breather for Iran.
150 battalions would bankrupt the country :rofl: hardly much of a breather. I'd prefer the Bavar-373 to made in large numbers though.

150 battalions would bankrupt the country :rofl: hardly much of a breather. I'd prefer the Bavar-373 to made in large numbers though.

Oh lol, I should have mentioned I was referring to the 4 battalions that would grant the breather.

But yes, most definitely it is imparitive for Iran to produce and field a greater number of bavar 373 to fill the gaps that the s-300pmu2 cannot.

Hopefully this doesn't come off as a unnecessary question but I just needed some clarification.

This system Iran got from the Russians is indeed the s-300pmu2 which varies only slightly from the s-400?

Also this system bares little to no resemblance as far as hardware and software goes to the s-300's that Greece has which Israel uses to train against?

Basically what I wanted to confirm that these are tailor fit to Iran and have the ability to track and engage stealth air craft like the f-35? As well as the sleuth of other targets.

1051279245.jpg

The Russia-made S-300 missile system has been successfully tested by Iran. The Islamic Republic's military conducted launches of missiles on simulated enemy's targets.
https://sputniknews.com/military/201703051051279310-iran-s300-tests-russia/

On Saturday, Iran successfully test-fired the S-300 surface-to-air missile systems supplied by Russia.

The video footage shows that the S-300 system targeted an air target.

The system is capable of hitting even the smallest aerial objects as well as cruise missiles, making it lethal for any potential enemy, he added, noting that the S-300 will now ensure Iran's secure air defenses alongside Iran's short-range Mersad and long-range Talaash air defense systems.

Iranian experts conducted a number of tests of the Russian missile systems. The tests included all phases, namely, detection, identification, interception and target shooting.

The drills took place at the Khatam al-Anbia Air Defense Base, where Iran's Air Defense Force is headquartered.

The contract to deliver five Russian S-300 systems to Iran was signed in 2007. It was suspended after the adoption of UN Security Council sanctions on Iran in mid-2010. In April 2015, Russia resumed the talks on the S-300 deliveries following an interim agreement on the Iranian nuclear program.

In December 2016, Iran's ambassador in Moscow Mehdi Sanayee said that Russia had finished executing the contract on supplying Iran with divisions of S-300 missile systems to Iran.

According to media reports, Russian-made S-300 air defense systems delivered to Iran will become operational by late March 2017.

The export modification of the S-300 system is able to shoot down ballistic missiles of short and medium range. The range of the system is 200 kilometers; it can simultaneously launch 12 missiles on 6 targets with a time interval of 3-5 seconds.

I'm loving Talash's new paint job:smitten:

17103587_2064323857128009_2980792669777011754_n.jpg

16938540_2063731923853869_3809464657548503355_n.jpg

Hopefully this doesn't come off as a unnecessary question but I just needed some clarification.

This system Iran got from the Russians is indeed the s-300pmu2 which varies only slightly from the s-400?

Also this system bares little to no resemblance as far as hardware and software goes to the s-300's that Greece has which Israel uses to train against?

Basically what I wanted to confirm that these are tailor fit to Iran and have the ability to track and engage stealth air craft like the f-35? As well as the sleuth of other targets.
S-300 IR;)

Last edited:

It is the PMU2, but the PMU2 doesn't exactly differ "slightly" to the S-400. Some components are shared but the S-400 is more advanced on almost all fronts.

Greece allowed Israel use of the PMU1 (the version we wanted to get in 2007). All hardware of the PMU2 - apart from the Lemz 96L6E radar - is based on the PMU1. But all of this hardware is improved on the PMU1. The computers are faster and more resistant to Electronic Warfare, the radars and missiles all have better performance in all areas.

The S-300PMU2 has some basic components that are needed. There are a minimum set of missiles and radars that you must have for the system to be functional. The Lemz 96L6E is an optional radar (which Iran chose, thankfully). I expect Iran would tailor order this system according to it's requirements, so it would have a certain number and combination of missiles and radars.

There where conflicting reports on the frequency band of the 96L6 in the past and I thought it was a S-band PESA. Now its cleat that it is a UHF-band radar. Especially at engagement ranges of 100-200km it should have better stealth detection capability than the X-band Tombstone engagement radar.

A good multiband sensor fusion is present with the S-band Big Bird, X-band Tombstone and UHF-band 96L6. A VHF band asset would be better but now it makes sense why Iran got the 96L6.

Abraham Assael, CEO of the Fisher Institute for Air and Space Strategic Studies in Herzliya and a former brigadier- general in Israel:
"Tehran developing its own advanced missile defense system comes as no surprise.
The Iranians are well-advanced in their technology. In the last decade or two we can say that they developed a lot, especially in the field of rockets,” he said, adding that while it takes time to develop a complicated system, the Iranians are very capable of developing a very advanced system, even more so than the S-300"

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Ir...s-test-of-Russian-S-300-missile-system-483270

نمونه برتر اس ٣٠٠ را ساخته‌‌‌ایم و می‌سازیم/مقابل هر تهدیدی می‌ایستیم
http://s6.uplod.ir/i/00869/odmnewcvx7yy.jpg
امیر سرلشکر عطاالله صالحی فرمانده کل ارتش جمهوری اسلامی ایران : امروز در همه زمینه‌ها مانند ساخت تجهیزات وارد عمل شده ایم و خود آن‌ها را تولید می‌کنیم و شاید هم ادواتی، چون سامانه اس ۳۰۰ از خارج بخریم، اما نمونه برتر ان را ساختیم و می‌سازیم. در دریا هم عزت داریم و برنامه داریم به همه جهات دنیا برویم.
سرلشکر صالحی در بخش پایانی سخنانش خاطر نشان کرد: بنده به جرات ادعا می‌کنم که این توان را داریم تا در کنار برادرانمان در همه نیروهای مسلح در برابر هر اندیشه تهدید امیزی بایستیم.​

http://www.yjc.ir/fa/news/6009881/نمونه-برتر-اس-٣٠٠-را-ساخته‌‌‌ایم-و-می‌سازیممقابل-هر-تهدیدی-می‌ایستیم

google translator not enough for me, please add some words in enlgish so we know whats going on here, thanks

Mashreghnews analysis of the 96L6E radar seen in the recent S-300 test firings.

Karrar is either a reversed engineer T90 that Iran got her hands on in Syria , they some how got the blue prints , or the Russians gave Iran the blueprints in some back door deal.

Absolutely no proof of any of these whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom