What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

Zoubin is probably the stand out of that bunch, being a truly unique and modern Iranian design. We haven't seen much of it but we have seen the naval variant Navab installed on the Zulfaghar missile boat (4 VLS cells) and on Shahid Soleimani (12 VLS cells). I seem to recall seeing the full 8-canister version of Zoubin but can't find it now. Hopefully it is deployed in large numbers at key nuclear and military sites, along with the rest of the SHORAD systems I mentioned above.

View attachment 966152

View attachment 966153

The lack of appearances in war games is concerning. I seem to think it might be a high cost tech solution with small upside for the SOHRAD category especially when compared with Dezful, Dey 9, and Majid.

Although even Iranian Tor (Dezful) hasn’t been seen since unveiling.

The lack of appearances in war games is concerning. I seem to think it might be a high cost tech solution with small upside for the SOHRAD category especially when compared with Dezful, Dey 9, and Majid.

Although even Iranian Tor (Dezful) hasn’t been seen since unveiling.
The naval variant already being in operation on multiple ships is promising. Dezful was seen a few times, including at the recent army parade (and the first video we ever saw of it was from a war game IIRC)

F9iQUunWsAELoDo

7 seconds from launch to intercept, must have been pretty close (Majid). also that target drone is not the Karrar as usual, looks a lot slower (maybe 100-200kmph vs 850kmph for a Tomahawk cruise missile)

I would like to see larger AD simulations for point defence of key nuclear/military targets defending against large swarms of 50-100+ 0.8 mach cruise missiles (i.e. Tomahawk, JASSM and Popeye) and other laser-guided bombs (mk-82, mk-84 etc) in a heavy ECM environment

USA used 57 Tomahawk and 19 JASSM missiles (76 total) to destroy 3 connected buildings in Syria in 2018

Last edited:
So, no iranian ad assets so far in war against zionists beside non conventional anti drone drone.

7 seconds from launch to intercept, must have been pretty close (Majid). also that target drone is not the Karrar as usual, looks a lot slower (maybe 100-200kmph vs 850kmph for a Tomahawk cruise missile)

I would like to see larger AD simulations for point defence of key nuclear/military targets defending against large swarms of 50-100+ 0.8 mach cruise missiles (i.e. Tomahawk, JASSM and Popeye) and other laser-guided bombs (mk-82, mk-84 etc) in a heavy ECM environment

USA used 57 Tomahawk and 19 JASSM missiles (76 total) to destroy 3 connected buildings in Syria in 2018
That was a rather ridiculous case of over-kill and frankly seemed to be about sending a political message more than anything else.
Ironically the 3 buildings in question had been evacuated months or even years prior to the attack.
But I certainly agree,seeing how the defences handle a simulated large scale saturation type attack would be very useful,as with the increasing trend towards very cheap s-131/136 type weapons,these sorts of attacks will become increasingly practical,not to mention far cheaper than using the traditional gold plated turbofan powered million dollar cruise missiles.
Thats one of the things that I admire about the AD-08,you`re arguably looking at the first purpose designed sam system intended for the shooting down of cheap precision guided aerial weapons,and to do it cheaply enough to be practical,because theres no point in using million dollar sams/a2a missiles on weapons costing in the low tens of thousands of dollars.

Back
Top Bottom