What's new

IRANIAN Air defense systems that are manufacturing in Iran

@Uhuhu
1. What does Iran have for above 45 km?
2. I know that the Iranian copy of S200 is mobile, high range and more accurate based on the reports. As far as I know, the upgraded mobile S200 has 200-400 km range of action, which means the upgraded mobile S200 is ahead of S300 and close to S400.
Now this is my last question: How robust is the upgraded mobile S200 to jamming? How robust is it to chaff tricks?

hi bro,
1- above 45km of hight??? what kind of threat can come from that alt??!!
2-iranian s-200 has been upgraded to a mobile - pinpoint sam which has a significant lower reaction time:
Farsnews
Farsnews
Iran claims to have mobile S-200 SAMs - IHS Jane's 360

original s-200 worked with its proximity warhead , it wasnt pinpoint!!!
the destruction capability had also been upgraded , the range had also been increased .....

about jamming,this stuff are highly secret but as iran can link its new PESA and the russian nebo radar to its
defence shield , i doubt that would be any problem :partay:

Last edited by a moderator:
why the hawk radar from inside have the same exact system of the AN-MPQ-50 + why is it in English and not iranian :what:

because the base structure of Iranian modern Army is American and many equipment of army are American. while after revolution in 1979 they have changed uniforms and some goals. but English language is still using in Army and domestic military equipment as a standard rule, also for engineers and pilots and educated crews in other forces.

@Uhuhu
1. What does Iran have for above 45 km?
2. I know that the Iranian copy of S200 is mobile, high range and more accurate based on the reports. As far as I know, the upgraded mobile S200 has 200-400 km range of action, which means the upgraded mobile S200 is ahead of S300 and close to S400.
Now this is my last question: How robust is the upgraded mobile S200 to jamming? How robust is it to chaff tricks?

1- Upgraded S-200 , sayyad 2 , hawk system , mersad , sam 6 , Ra'ad .

2-good question.one of it's strongest and good upgraded is using it against awaks and SEAD missions by fighters like F/A-18.
considering the S-200 Functions in Libya during US Attack,Iran analyzed S-200 Functions in such battles and tried to cover up it's weaknesses. Iran linked and combined "pelena" (jamming system) with it's S-200 systems.

pelena (Designed for jamming the AN/APY-2 radar, the primary component of the airborne warning and control system (AWACS), by automatically inducing a jamming frequency on radar carrier frequencies operating in the fast frequency hopping mode. Pelena-1 disrupts the radar capability of detecting targets with RCS of up to 10 - 15 sq.m. The effective jamming range is up to 250 km.)

%D9%BE%D9%84%D9%86%D8%A7-1.jpg

PELENA-1.jpeg

other upgrades are such as replacement of analogue engagement radar, modules and components , supporting acquisition radar with modern technology COTS based digital replacements and also receivers and thermionic technology transmitters are replaced with modern solid state components. This typically provides significant gains in jam resistance, clutter rejection and detection range for low signature targets and ...

Looks suspiciously like the American AN/MPQ-50, associated with MIM-23 Hawk system

That's right, Iran has bought hawk systems during shah and is one of the big users of this system. after revolution iran started working on this system and gained alot of successes and two years ago they could reverse engineer and built whole the hawk system and upgraded it to a modernized and digitized one.

Last edited by a moderator:
2-good question.one of it's strongest and good upgraded is using it against awaks and SEAD missions by fighters like F/A-18.
considering the S-200 Functions in Libya during US Attack,Iran analyzed S-200 Functions in such battles and tried to cover up it's weaknesses. Iran linked and combined "pelena" (jamming system) with it's S-200 systems.

other upgrades are such as replacement of analogue engagement radar, modules and components , supporting acquisition radar with modern technology COTS based digital replacements and also receivers and thermionic technology transmitters are replaced with modern solid state components. This typically provides significant gains in jam resistance, clutter rejection and detection range for low signature targets and ...
plus seeking target without help of radar (full jam condition).
شلیک*اس 200 بدون*رادار جستجوگر | mashreghnews.ir

Back
Top Bottom