What's new

Iran to Rank 1st in Science, Technology by 2025

Actually both Iran and Turkey produce more science than Israel already. There is a difference between producing science and getting stuff in aid or buying them. Most of the stuff Israel makes specially the military stuff that make people impressed are actually all American and European systems that Israelis get in aid. They just reconfigure those systems and add some components from Europe to American systems and get things done. Israelis have rarely done purely a completely indigenous system. All their stuff from their tanks to their planes and air defense are either American or European in origin. This is true for other areas of their technology and science as well. So comparing what Turkey and Iran are doing today with Israel is just laughable. Though I agree in past both Iran and Turkey were behind but not now.

Sure, whatever makes your bubble float :lol: Israel sell Americans and Europeans their own products and they are so stupid! they even gave technology to Israel and then paying for the products. I wonder what kind of fairy told you that, is it heroin fairy? or glue? ill guess you into the glue.
Can you please ask your fairy for what kind of technology Israel got and reselling

And what about this first in region and twelve worldwide in nanotechnology?

Where is Iran?

Iran is ranked 14th in publication of nanotechnology related material in ISI now.

Number of nano-related papers by Iranian authors indexed by ISI during different years and world ranking of Iran’s contribution to advancement of nanosciences:
11.gif

(Just pay attention to the slope of the graph, that explains Iran's growth better than any words ;-) )

As for nanotechnology in Iran, only introducing you one single person who is currently working in Iran is enough. I'll give you some random information about the guy:

Dr. Ali Eftekhari is head of the Eftekhari Research Group, a materials and energy research center based in Tehran, Iran.

Question 1: Tell us about yourself. Did you really begin college at age 12, and earn a doctorate at 22?

Yes, it seems to be a little strange, but everything was (and of course is) strange in my life. I found my interest in science and specifically in chemistry at age eight. Then, I started to study this field of science deeply. After many unusual examinations, I was allowed to participate in university course of chemistry in Sharif University of Technology. Those days were golden to me; a child doing research (basic research studies) in an academic environment. As I recall, that child had a good background of scientific knowledge and also brilliant idea for scientific research. But limitations kept that child just in my biography rather than in the scientific community. Thanks to some great scientists who assisted me to complete my graduate study to earn my PhD at age 22 under an extraordinary circumstance. After taking this formal step, I was still that child but with a smaller dream-land.

Question 2: What is the Eftekhari research group?

In spite of good opportunities for working abroad, particularly in United States, I preferred to return to my country, as it is desire of any scientist. However, every scientist needs an appropriate support for doing research, and it was difficult for me to find it my homeland. Finally, I just found an appropriate home for my works. Thanks to Prof. Moztarzadeh, the President of Materials and Energy Research Center, who offered everything I needed for establishing an ideal research group. This research group achieved a superior position in the country, and because of its achievements, we earned a special fund of $300,000.00 from the Vice-President. As a research leader I try to make a scientific environment for the group. In choosing the group members, my emphasis is on scientific mind rather than scientific background. Now, I can claim that I have a great research group; and Eftekhari research group is not just a name but a phenomenon in the scientific community.

Question 3: The Eftekhari research group has done research on carbon nanotubes. How long has your group been working with nanotubes? How long do you anticipate before Iran can produce large quantities of nanotubes?

Study of carbon nanotubes is one of my active research interests, and I attempted to start this project when I joined Materials and Energy Research Center about two years ago. However, serious works were done when my research group was formally established one year ago and we have earned appropriate possibilities for synthesis of carbon nanotubes. During the past year, this project was accompanied by noticeable achievements. In addition to new methods we developed for synthesis of carbon nanotubes, now we are in a position to control morphological structure of carbon nanotubes. Although our preliminary goal was fundamental studies of carbon nanotubes (including synthesis processes) and using carbon nanotubes as a mother nanomaterial in our researches, we are currently able to produce carbon nanotubes for other labs and research groups. As it was negotiated with the government (Vice-President and Minister of Science, Research and Technology), we have ability for production of large-quantities of carbon nanotubes, upon industrial demand for this product.

Question 4: Has your group been able to precisely control the chirality of the nanotubes that have been produced? Does the Eftekhari research group have a strategy for modifying the synthesis procedure in order to mass-produce batches of uniform tubes?

We have good ability to produce different types of carbon nanotubes. In this direction, we use different methods such as catalytic chemical vapor deposition (CCVD), arc-discharge, and also novel techniques for synthesis of carbon nanotubes such as hydrothermal and sonochemical routes. Since synthesis of carbon nanotubes is not our ultimate goal, and we aim to use our products in other researches, it is very important for us to produce different morphological structures. For instance, we synthesized cone-like carbon nanotubes, which their large orifice guarantees easy diffusion of electroactive species in electrochemical systems. In our design of a laboratory furnace (fabricated in our institute), we are able to produce about 100 g of carbon nanotubes per day. Of course, this quantity is due to high-yield synthesis route we developed. Anyway, mass-production of uniform tubes is an industrial project which is out of the strategy of our research group.

Question 5: What about fullerenes?

Fullerene is my childhood dream. When I was a child doing basic research, I heard about discovery of fullerenes. That time, I have some brilliant idea for working with fullerenes, but without appropriate possibility to put in test what were in my mind. And when Nobel Prize in Chemistry 1996 was devoted to this subject, it was very sad that I was not a part of this subject. Here in the group we work on fullerenes and particularly C60. Now, I have opportunity to play with this soccer ball. Fullerene and carbon nanotube are two beloved sisters of family of carbon materials, but I believe that less attention has been paid to fullerenes.

Question 6: Tell us about your work with Atomic Force Microscopes (AFMs) and Scanning Tunneling Microscopes (STMs). Do Iranian researchers have easy access to this type of equipment?

In my opinion, SPM techniques are essential ones in nanotechnology. They are very useful for our electrochemical researches as the surface structure plays an important role. Nevertheless, once again, we attempted to use this nanotechnological technique in an unusual manner. Since we work on nanostructured materials, we attempted to monitor nanostructure of a powder-based sample rather than a solid surface by means of AFM. It was truly a difficult task and we just did it by some experimental tricks. However, the results were very interesting and useful. For instance, in a recent paper, we reported a novel structure of manganese oxide, which was detected in AFM measurements and both SEM and TEM studies were misleading. As far as I know, there are some SPM instruments in different universities of Iran, providing services to the researchers.

Question 7: Is all of the funding for the Eftekhari research group provided by the Iranian Government? Do private investors fund any Iranian technology development?

Yes, Materials and Energy Research Center is a graduate school under supervision of Ministry of Science, Research and Technology; and all of our funds are government-based. I did not hear about any noticeable private investment in the field of nanotechnology (though it may be the case for well-developed technologies).

Question 8: How many nanotechnology related projects are you aware of that exist in Iran? Has the Iranian Government made the development of nanotechnology a high priority?

There are many nanotechnology projects in the country. A special council has been established by the government under supervision of the Vice-President to conduct nanotechnology researches in the country. In this direction, Iranian Nanotechnology Initiative provides special funds for nanotechnology researches.

Question 9: Does the Eftekhari research group engage in collaborative projects with other institutions inside and/or outside of Iran?

Yes, we have several joint projects with other research groups all over the worlds. For instance, we have scientific collaboration with universities from different countries such as Germany, Canada, New Zealand, etc. We have serious program for student exchange. We always appreciate scientific collaboration, as it is a requirement for scientific research.

Question 10: Your group has done research into one-dimensional nanomaterials, such as nanowires from manganese oxide. What potential applications do you see for such devices?

I believe that the most important form of nanomaterials is one-dimensional structures, which includes most of known nanostructures. For instance, manganese oxide nanowires are potential candidate for the preparation of cathode materials of lithium batteries. In a novel synthesis we developed, it is possible to prepare aligned nanowires of manganese oxide just during a simple solid-state reaction in the absence of any template.

Question 11: Has the Eftekhari research group done any work on nanolithography, or nanostructured biomaterials?

Yes, we wish to control the electroactive parts of electrode surfaces. This can assist us to understand electrochemical reactions occurring at electrode surfaces. Some years ago I worked on surface analysis of dental decay, and based on experimental evidences I concluded that dental decay may occur at different scales, and this feature should be taken into account in restorative dentistry to choose appropriate filling materials. Now, we attempt to control morphology of nanostructured hydroxyapatite, which the most important biomaterial making bone and tooth.

Question 12: What about nanopatterning or theoretical nanoscience?

I truly believe in theory, but I think theoretical scientists have led astray, and this misleading is more important in nanoscience. Theory should be accompanied by experiments, and merely theoretical works are useless. In our research group, we make possible theoretical considerations for every experiment we do. In other words, we always try to find a theoretical reason for performing an experiment. Contrary to the public belief, theoretical consideration is not necessary based on mathematical formula, but in my opinion, theoretical considerations means that we have some idea about what is occurring in our experiment.

Question 13: What plans do you have for the Eftekhari research group for the next ten years? Where do you see the state of nanotechnology in 2015?

In spite of many achievements in nanotechnology, I think we are just at the first stage of this area of research. During the past two decades different works have been done on various cases, but we know a little. For instance, studies of carbon nanotubes are the most active area of research in nanotechnology and numerous papers have been published, but we know a little about carbon nanotubes. We expect that current situation will be a guiding start for future researches.
Nanotechnology: Ali Eftekhari Interview

His profile in the American nano society:
Ali Eftekhari - President | American Nano Society

Ali Eftekhari (born August 29, 1979 in Tehran, Iran) is a professor of chemistry and director of Avicenna Institute of Technology, Cleveland, Ohio.

He is one of the founders of Electrochemical Nanotechnology, and Editor of a leading book entitled Nanostructured Materials in Electrochemistry published by Wiley-VCH, and also an Editor of Journal of Nanomaterials.

Fractals Everywhere

One of the most active area in Eftekhari's scientific works is focused on the concept of fractal geometry developed by Benoit Mandelbrot in 1980s. Ali Eftekhari applied fractal to different aspects of science.

Fractal Electrochemistry

In a series of papers, he adapted the basic ideas for fractal analysis of electrochemical systems. Based on novel approaches and correction of common mistakes in fractal analysis of electrode surfaces, he adopted a new application of fractal geometry in the realm of electrochemistry and for study of electrode surface fractality.

Electrochemical Reactions

In a paper he showed that processes can be considered as fractals. In this theory it is possible to calculate fractal dimension for any process. Practically, he proposed a feasible technique for the estimation of the fractal dimension of electrochemical reactions. This mathematical factor can be used for the improvement of electrochemical reactions, e.g. in fuel cells.

Literature and Texts

In a different content, he utilized the concept of fractal geometry to analyze texts. Once again, in a seminal paper he applied the concept of fractal geometry for analysis of William Shakespeare's works. He found that fractality of literature is a measurable factor. For the case of Shakespeare's works, the fractality can be categorized according to some factor like the manuscript length, the type of writing (e.g. tragedy, comedy, etc). This theory was demonstrated by comparing the results with similar statistical methods. This finding can provide a new opportunity for mathematical analysis of the literature.

Nanotechnology
Carbon Nanotubes

Some carbon nanotubes are grown using a ceramic catalyst support. There are manufacturing and waste disposal problems associated with acid treatment to remove the ceramic-based catalyst support like MgO, SiO2, alumina, etc. Eftekhari and his co-workers developed a method for mass production of carbon nanotubes. Tused water-soluble catalyst support to replace common ceramic-based catalyst supports. By this action, it is possible to avoid acid treatment and reach a production yield of about 3,000%. Another advantage of this novel method could be to control the shape of the carbon nanotubes by varying the catalyst support mixture.

Electrochemical Power Sources
5V Lithium batteries

Lithium batteries are used as power sources for electronic devices such as cell phones, laptops, etc. Since its introduction by Sony in 1991, lithium battery is restricted to the cell potential of 3.6 - 3.8 V (commercially called 4 V lithium batteries) due to the limitation of Li anode potential. Construction of 5 V lithium batteries could yield higher power density batteries, and thus smaller devices. In 2004, Eftekhari fabricated an all-solid state lithium battery with 5 V potential.

Ali Eftekhari

Some of his books:
Nanostructured Conductive Polymers by Ali Eftekhari :: Reader Store
http://www.amazon.com/Nanostructured-Materials-Electrochemistry-Ali-Eftekhari/dp/3527318763

He is one of the world's most creative and prolific masters of nanotechnology and he is indeed a genius who has done mind-boggling things at early ages of his life. I believe that explains everything you need to know about Iran's potential of nanotechnology.

Uh, get out of here. You do not know even what you are talking about. Both Turkey and Iran are new comers and have already surpassed you in science. As for quality Iran's research quality is on par with that of Singapore and better than India, South Korea and Taiwan as per UK government report. As for the ranking of universities, it is all BS since these rankings are all biased and not based on any solid system of measurement. Nobel prize is again not a measure of science in a country specially since both Iran and Turkey are new to the field of science. The rest is just again BS. Bring official solid sources to prove your point that Iran and Turkey are not progressing or just keep your mouth shut.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

“To be an enemy of America can be dangerous, but to be a friend is fatal”.
Henry Kissinger

What Iran and Turkey suppress Israel is only in quantity of publication, quality wise Israel is in the edge

Actually from your link:

Only India(48%) and Iran(53%) have higher percentage of uncited papers than China(47%)

do you know what that mean? that 53% of all Iran paper publications are toilette paper quality-wise :D

Page 60 look at table look where Israel is by impact and where is Iran, that is QUALITY! :D Turkey is not even listed

University ranking do count, you should look at the methodology Ranking methodology of Academic Ranking of World Universities - 2011
really? not based on solid system of measurement? and biased toward what?

Here is again quality index from another source:
SJR - Compare countries

Israel-368
India-256
Singapore-218
Iran-106

Another source:
Impact of Israel------- http://sciencewatch.com/dr/sci/10/jan24-10_1/
Impact of Turkey------ http://sciencewatch.com/dr/sci/10/apr4-10_2/
Iran is not even listed

Prizes don't count? really? world impact is a joke, biased, based totally on random occurrence and reflect no solid conclusion, right?

And i didnt said that Iran nor Turkey are not in progress, just notion that Iran be top of the world by 2025 is ridiculous

This was Iran in 1997. That is 15 years ago. Imagine where it is now and where would it be standing 15 years from now:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr. Ali Eftekhari? really? oh no! and here i though to myself that there no Iranian scientist, again really? so i should in order to refute you is just publish twelve or more prolific scientist which are not of Iranian background.

What is ISI? where from this graph is taken? this is the ISI i managed to find I.S.I Israel Scientific Instruments Israeli Scientific Instruments
:)

Where is Iran?

original

What Iran and Turkey suppress Israel is only in quantity of publication, quality wise Israel is in the edge

Actually from your link:

Go and read the report again, you Zionist, you got it all wrong. Iran is improving in a fast pace. Iran has the world's fastest growth rate followed by China and Turkey. As for quality, the same report puts Iranian science quality at par with Singapore and above that of India, South Korea and Taiwan and just marginally below that of Russia. As for your BS about citation, Israel sure has more citations since all Zionists cite each other. It is as if they are praising each other, and of course Iranians can not expect Israelis to cite Iranian articles neither the Zionists and their media will allow Americans or other Zionist colonies to cite Iranian articles. A scientist has to also secure its job and salary and in an American or western university trying to cite an Iranian article with Zionists all around you has high costs. The rest of your BS about some Zionists ranking the world's universities is just that BS. We have to look at the results. Israel is an aid recipient, a kind of high end beggar, but Iran, Turkey and China are respectable members of international community whose honor does not allow them to beg and then show off their earnings as their science production.

As for your BS about citation, Israel sure has more citations since all Zionists cite each other

:lol: self citation is reference of an author to his own works! self citation is not a measure of quality.

I have a feeling that im communicating with mentally challenged, i will leave you now, you have many challenges to overcome :)

Dr. Ali Eftekhari? really? oh no! and here i though to myself that there no Iranian scientist, again really? so i should in order to refute you is just publish twelve or more prolific scientist which are not of Iranian background.

What is ISI? where from this graph is taken? this is the ISI i managed to find I.S.I Israel Scientific Instruments Israeli Scientific Instruments
:)

What is ISI?!!!
The Institute for Scientific Information (ISI) was founded by Eugene Garfield in 1960. It was acquired by Thomson Scientific & Healthcare in 1992,[citation needed] became known as Thomson ISI and now is part of the Healthcare & Science business of the multi-billion dollar Thomson Reuters Corporation.

ISI offered bibliographic database services. Its specialty: citation indexing and analysis, a field pioneered by Garfield. It maintains citation databases covering thousands of academic journals, including a continuation of its longtime print-based indexing service the Science Citation Index (SCI), as well as the Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI), and the Arts and Humanities Citation Index (AHCI). All of these are available via ISI's Web of Knowledge database service. This database allows a researcher to identify which articles have been cited most frequently, and who has cited them.

To know more about Iranian scientists go to this post: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...science-technology-2025-a-10.html#post2407279

so I guess you have your answer now.

It won't be Long now until China becomes Number 1 :D
Chinese Taipei better then Russia :what:

if4aib.png

no offense but you're high bro
grab a calculator and calculate Iran's growth over the past 5 years and average it (go HERE for the numbers). Than times it by 15 (2010-2025). See what we will get. Love you, but don't repeat the propeganda of an official or you will make us all look at bad. We're not there yet.

Lol i know man i made a mistake hahaha, I had like 1 miniute to type something before i had to log off my computer and i typed some random $hit, anyway I dont see why it will take us 13 years to be number one in the region...we should already be ahead.

Then the biggest state sponsored program ever "steal all you can" makes them world class in half that time :devil:
kid thats why no one takes indians idea seriously, first you peoplea are extreemly ignorant, secondly primitive indians are always laughing at others achievement.

kid``China is at No.2 publications and No.4 patent granted are all judged by professional international institutions, if its 'copied' they will simply decline any applications understand now half-grown?

science and tech development need learning curve, everything countries do that, Iran does that, China does that, USA does that, Soviet did that```but I guess your bollywood propaganda told you otherwise, no wonder India is still at primitive stage which is defined yet again by professional institution WIPO. do you know a private Chinese firm got more patent from PCT than your whole primitive country can get, despite your propaganda always labeling it as the funny 'IT superpower or technology driven society'```which is the biggest joke in the world`:D

Sooooo this is what brainwashing and propaganda can do to people. :crazy_pilot:

Get a real, the day Iran is in lead of Scence, the day hell freezes over. Even France, China, UK cannot cath up with Japan and US in 15 years if Japan and US would just sit on their chair watch letterman show.:rofl::rofl:

Sooooo this is what brainwashing and propaganda can do to people. :crazy_pilot:

Get a real, the day Iran is in lead of Scence, the day hell freezes over. Even France, China, UK cannot cath up with Japan and US in 15 years if Japan and US would just sit on their chair watch letterman show.:rofl::rofl:
well you know what's sad? You describe iran with such colourfull adjectives but we are about to take over your country in the next two years. What does that make you guys? Sad, I know.
SJR - International Science Ranking

P.S. Everybody here is using non-Iranian sources and you come out with an idiotic statement regarding "brainwashing." I had no idea that ISI and Science Matrix, based in Montreal Canada, are active in brainwashing Iranian youth. You learn something new everyday. Do you see the irony my brainwashed Torkish neighbour?

Iran showing fastest scientific growth of any country - science-in-society - 18 February 2010 - New Scientist

well you know what's sad? You describe iran with such colourfull adjectives but we are about to take over your country in the next two years. What does that make you guys? Sad, I know.
SJR - International Science Ranking

P.S. Everybody here is using non-Iranian sources and you come out with an idiotic statement regarding "brainwashing." I had no idea that ISI and Science Matrix, based in Montreal Canada, are active in brainwashing Iranian youth. You learn something new everyday. Do you see the irony my brainwashed Torkish neighbour?

Iran showing fastest scientific growth of any country - science-in-society - 18 February 2010 - New Scientist

My Iranian(I can spell) friend, this shows nothing.

This does not show the REAL science. The science that you can make artificial intelligence, medical machines that can cut through human flesh with laser and lowering number of human mistakes, making organs, quadruped stable robots,thought controlled prosthetics and limps, holograms, cloaking device(actual invisibility), cars that can fly:-)pleasantry:not like Iran's flying boats:pleasantry:, actually hover and land at same place like Back to the Future), forcefields like from SF movies, exoskeletons like Iron Man, jet packs like James Bond Thunderball.

Iran at least needs 50 year of no development from :big_boss:USA, Japan and EU:big_boss: before people start to consider them equel in science. Reinventing the wheel does not make you a scientist.

I would want to see a world that doesn't have any gabs between nations but it is a fact of life. Countries like Iran can call themselves number 1 all they want but that is not a reality. In science and social life Iran need atleast 100 years to catch up unless there is somesort of armegedon for the West and Far East and all of their scientist had to immigrate to Iran(because I can't see that people leaving their homes for oppressive regime where women gets arrested for not wearing headscarf, people get whiped for drinking, people get :hang3:stoned:hang3: for having sex without getting married unless there is a cetain death for them)

Edit: Now, Do you see the irony neighbour? Arrogance is double edged sword doesn't it my not so friend?

I read the first few lines ^^
so your hatred and generalizations are your sources for your original claims? gotcha

dude I'm sorry but you're an absolute idiot
first of all, nobody is talking about the US here. We're talking about the ME. Second of all, Iran is miles ahead of everybody in the region, cept Turkey which we're on par with. You think just because you export more to Europe you have a larger industrial capacity? Think again. We can't export to Western europe and NA because of the sanctions. In many cases our industrial base is even larger than Turkey. Take our auto sector. We produce 1.6 million commercial and non-commercial vehicles a year, Turkey produces 1.1. Ours also pass Euro emission and safety standards. We are exporting to Russia, Belarus, Venezuela etc... but no Western Euro countries because we're not allowed to.
carc.png

You Turks think that just because you're acting as the sweat shop of Europe, you're suddenly the ****. No buddy, if you guys were under sanctions for 32 years, you would be worse than Afghanistan.

Regarding your bs about my stats not proving anything >> lmao
so the Institute for Scientific Information and Science Matrix, among others, don't know ****, but a random nobody with an over-inflated ego on defence.pk knows everything eh? lol

Even with the oppressive regime, and 32 years of sanctions, and with threat of war by the sole remaining hyperpower, we're toe-on-toe with you guys and lead you in many cases. I really want to know where your arrogance is coming from? You have higher exports? woopdedoo. It's about the industrial capacity and actual production which we're equal and in many cases we're leading, car production for instance. Unlike you guys, we have barrier to export in the form of SANCTIONS. Your arrogance is comical.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom