What's new

Iran Successfully Tests Simorgh SLV

I am not sure whether anyone can definitely say if IRI and DPRK (it always makes me laugh when I see the D in the name) have a joint space/missile program but DPRK had a second successful (possibly since at this time the data is still being analyzed) launch of their Hwasong-14 ballistic missile last night. Are the 2 countries sharing technology and expertise? It seems that DPRK may have achieved ICBM capability with Hwasong-14, a nightmarish scenario IMO.

@SOHEIL so can this platfom get converted to an ICBM in no time?in case of agression from US we need a missile to deliver a good payload as far as 10000 km (NYC) to 13000 km (LA).

@SOHEIL so can this platfom get converted to an ICBM in no time?in case of agression from US we need a missile to deliver a good payload as far as 10000 km (NYC) to 13000 km (LA).

For that case we have a solid fuel system !

@SOHEIL

Why is this test such a big deal? Throwing a rocket at 500km up in lower space is not that significant.

May be I'm missing something? Not trolling, just trying to learn

Iran Successfully Tests Simorgh

Friday, July 28, 2017
On Thursday, Iran finally made a public launch of its Simorgh satellite launch vehicle.

Simorgh was launched from the new Imam Khomeini Launch Centre (IKLC)

Simorgh was not carrying a payload, which indicates that this launch likely a quick response to recent US sanctions. On the other hand, this could have been a pre-planned test that has either coincidentally fallen at a politically favourable time, or one which has been fast tracked. Nevertheless, Iran chose to publicise the test very vividly, unlike a previous test conducted last year that was only noticed because of blurry footage taken of a projected video at some sort of conference.

One notable part of the test was the orange liquid pumping out of the side of the rocket in the first few seconds of launch. This is a pressure valve to regulate fuel tank pressure. It also confirms that Simorgh is using UDMH/N2O4 fuel, which is more energetic than the Kerosene used by other emerging space programs like North Korea's.

GqkVcEv.png

Footage of the launch correlates with this different fuel, as the rocket displays good acceleration considering it is an 85 ton SLV. The successful testing of Simorgh can mean a brighter future for the Iranian space program, as Simorgh is able to send 250 kg satellites to 500 km orbits. This is without upgrades that can be made, like extended stages, SRBs, better fuel, improved engines or even added stages.

http://irangeomil.blogspot.com/2017/07/iran-successfully-tests-simorgh.html

@SOHEIL

Why is this test such a big deal? Throwing a rocket at 500km up in lower space is not that significant.

May be I'm missing something? Not trolling, just trying to learn

A rocket which significantly improves Iran's satellite launch capabilities, tested successfully showing improvement in reliability.

This rocket is capable of sending 250 kg satellites to 500 km orbit.

Correct. There seems to be a desperate U.S. attempt at somehow linking the missile programs of the DPRK and Iran.

Unha is 3 stage Simorgh is 2 stage
while Unha is larger its first stage is smaller from Simorgh
the ratio of oxidizer to fuel tank size in Simorgh and Unha first stage is also different
I don't know what similarity the guy at NYT saw between those two , he probably was too high when he made the comparison or had forgot his glasses
this is a better comparison between Unha and Simorgh
http://www.nti.org/analysis/articles/will-irans-simorgh-space-launcher-appear-north-korea/

look like Americans are quite angry and frighten ... they actively spreed so much IRANPHOBIA that now if Iran test a real ICBM and nuke their people will panic and live in fear from any incoming attack from suicidal Muslim Iran who wants to wipe them out from the map ...

we can use their long term anti Iran propaganda as our advantage ...

For that case we have a solid fuel system !
Tested?

Here we go:

"U.S. slaps sanctions on Iran firms after satellite launch"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-iran-satellite-sanctions-idUSKBN1AD289?il=0
Whether we test or not they would impose sanctions so it's better to test. As it seems the United State has turned to the United sanctions .... today Russia gave USA diplomats one month to leave Russia in response to American sanctions while Russia was seeking policy and dialogue with American for the last year.
Iran tests neither is violation of JCPOA nor the UNSC resolutions:
ZArif.jpg

ZArif1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom