What's new

Iran Dumps Dollar in Foreign Oil Sales

You don't quote random numbers but competitive market clearing rates which is happening in dollars. Even if Iran might chose to disregard it while quoting, the customers of that oil won't before purchasing

We are talking about Mode of payment (through which currency) whether in USD or Euro.

What has demand & supply = Market clearing rate issue got to with it?

Japanese are quoting in Yen, getting paid in Yen since decades.
Where is your mishmash market clearing rate involved vis-a-vis Japan?

A unipolar world is a disaster.
Fine...:rolleyes:

You can criticize the American hegemon and unipolarity all you want, although I doubt you understand the proper context of unipolarity in the first place, but the question was...

What's the alternative to US hegemony?

I am a very easy going guy, not many things in life bothers me. But in the very short list of thing that do bothers me, it is whiners/critics who can spare no energy whining about the current shituation but offers no solutions.

Unipolarity -- of the geopolitical kind -- is the OVERWHELMING preponderance of power and influence.

What is the meaning of preponderance ?

the quality or fact of being greater in number, quantity, or importance.

The preponderance of US power and influence in the four critical areas of economic, military, political, and technological, is so overwhelming that the erasure of that level preponderance can only be achieved by the utter military defeat of the US. In other words, you cannot simply refuse to use the dollar, or dump US Treasury, or us sanctions, or most laughably politically isolate the US, even in the hope of bringing US down.

Do you know of the old saying: 'The bigger they are, the harder they fall' ?

It is very easy to say that about the US. But the reality is that whenever someone say that about US, it is more to satisfy their own private jealousy of US than it is about understanding international politics.

Yes, the bigger something is, the harder it fall. But the problem is that the bigger something is, the greater the effort that is required to begin its fall. It is called 'institutional inertia'. Do you understand ? No one forces anyone to watch the dreck that comes out of Hollywood, but do you seriously think Bollywood is a viable replacement ? McDonald's is a greater success in India than the plethora of Indian restaurants in the US.

Currently, the US have a preponderance of power, in all four critical areas, to a degree that neither the Roman Empire nor Great Britain attained. And look how long it took them to fall -- hundreds of yrs.

Have fun while it lasts. Well things dont happen all of a sudden but it will certainly be long ride.
Check wheres the canadian dollar today.

Who wants fun? I just filled up at $1.89 a gallon. :D

Fine...:rolleyes:

You can criticize the American hegemon and unipolarity all you want, although I doubt you understand the proper context of unipolarity in the first place, but the question was...

I am a very easy going guy, not many things in life bothers me. But in the very short list of thing that do bothers me, it is whiners/critics who can spare no energy whining about the current shituation but offers no solutions.

Unipolarity -- of the geopolitical kind -- is the OVERWHELMING preponderance of power and influence.

What is the meaning of preponderance ?

the quality or fact of being greater in number, quantity, or importance.

The preponderance of US power and influence in the four critical areas of economic, military, political, and technological, is so overwhelming that the erasure of that level preponderance can only be achieved by the utter military defeat of the US. In other words, you cannot simply refuse to use the dollar, or dump US Treasury, or us sanctions, or most laughably politically isolate the US, even in the hope of bringing US down.

Do you know of the old saying: 'The bigger they are, the harder they fall' ?

It is very easy to say that about the US. But the reality is that whenever someone say that about US, it is more to satisfy their own private jealousy of US than it is about understanding international politics.

Yes, the bigger something is, the harder it fall. But the problem is that the bigger something is, the greater the effort that is required to begin its fall. It is called 'institutional inertia'. Do you understand ? No one forces anyone to watch the dreck that comes out of Hollywood, but do you seriously think Bollywood is a viable replacement ? McDonald's is a greater success in India than the plethora of Indian restaurants in the US.

Currently, the US have a preponderance of power, in all four critical areas, to a degree that neither the Roman Empire nor Great Britain attained. And look how long it took them to fall -- hundreds of yrs.

Indeed you have been a power. But a responsible power?

Certainly not. You do under the table what Britain, France and Spain did in the open in those days.

Years of unquestioned dominance has spoilt your thoughts and therefore spoilt your actions.

And you are not the first superpower on this planet to get tainted by misguided and unnatural actions.

Also, you have mentioned some places where elements like MCDonalds or Hollywood dominate alongside many others.

But you must understand that the criteria for being called a power changes with time.

Once it was wisdom, then it was brute force, then it was shrewdness and later it became a combination of the last three.

As the dynamics and parameters defined for power changed with time so will it, this time as well.

The point I am making, my friend, is that you have not used your privileged position well and have tried to 'play god'.

And as a consequence of this, your governments have done great injustice to a lot of countries around the world and made a lot of people suffer.

Your actions will determine the consequences you will eventually face one day. Act wisely.

Sanctions are coming back very soon..beside saddam also did such foolish move..it does not help beside escalating the cost due to currency conversion

Diversification is of such importance if Iran or any other nation won't ever on his knees in front of the arrogant USA. Long due move.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom