What's new

Iran Decides to AcComplete Takeover of Afghanistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's what i am saying,

It's not what I've been saying though.

Iran needs ISIS as a cover up to what then it believes is legit grounds for intervention.

Iran intervened in Syria before "I"SIS appeared there. So it didn't need "I"SIS to justify its operations.

In Iraq, Iranian military assistance serves two purposes: crush "I"SIS and drive out US occupiers. There's no other aim that would require "I"SIS as a supposed cover.

Last edited:
Iran will definitely recognize a Taliban-led government as long as the latter respect the assurances they gave Iran. Iran's embassy in Kabul is still functioning.

- - - - -

Nobody was killed in the event though. Detainees were treated humanely, female and African-American employees released immediately on the first day.

Iran on the other hand has had several of its diplomatic missions bombed (by fighter jets in Yemen, by terrorists in Lebanon), diplomats abducted and mistreated (by US occupation troops in Erbil, northern Iraq), imprisoned under bogus pretexts (as recently in Belgium) and brutally assassinated (like in Afghanistan in the early 90's). In fact, Iran tops the list of victims when it comes to violence against embassy and consulate personnel.

- - - - -

Well, at the end of the day it will be up to the Taleban to decide whether they wish to maintain the promising new relationship with Iran they've been working on for the past few years, including through numerous bilateral meetings. As a large neighbor hosting some 4 million Afghan nationals and the biggest exporter to Afghanistan, Iran has legitimate interests with regards to that country. Iran and the Taleban pretty much reached an agreement to enable mutually constructive ties.

If the Taleban believe it's not worth accommodating Iran's concerns and decide to adopt a hostile line - something extra-regional, imperialist powers and mainly the US are very much inciting them to do, then Tehran would certainly adjust its policies accordingly. If it came to this however, it definitely wouldn't be in any of the regional actors' interest (neither the Taleban, nor Iran, nor Pakistan). Only the zio-American empire would immediately stand to benefit.

- - - - -

Source? "I"SIS are not allowed through Iran.

Iran has no claims on Qatari territory and has regular diplomatic ties with Doha.

- - - - -

Is there evidence for these assertions? As for benevolent American prison guards, have you heard of Abu Ghraib and the systematic abuses committed there by US occupation forces on on Iraqi detainees?

Americans claim the opposite: namely that Iran has been hosting and supporting these Al-Qaida elements.

The most probable hypothesis is that they were held under normal conditions, sometimes even just put under house arrest and neither eliminated nor allowed to operate from Iran.

- - - - -

Iran's FM didn't complain nor mention Pakistan, brother. Only some media reports did.

- - - - -

Shia Pakistanis reading the kind of sectarianist incitement encountered in this thread will come to realize how the hostility promoted by certain quarters is not merely directed at Iran as a foreign government, but includes them as a community due to their religious background.

- - - - -

I don't think it's meant to extract concessions from a third party. In my opinion, it's either one of the two following possibilities:

* Some of the local leaders killed during the Taleban operation in Panjshir used to have friendly relations with Iran.

* No local partners of Iran were killed, but Tehran is worried that this might set a precedent whereby the Taleban would get emboldened - with additional direct or indirect encouragement from the US regime, to proceed with force against other political groups in Afghanistan, including ones which are really allied with Iran.

Or maybe, it's yet another issue unbeknownst to the public. But whatever the reason may be, the nature of the Iranian spokesperson's statements make it clear that Iran has not reversed its stance on the Taleban, but is in fact communicating a certain message it hopes will not fall on deaf ears in Kabul.

- - - - -

I doubt it. Because Iran established regular contacts with the Taleban and started negotiations with them years ago. So Tehran is likely to have anticipated recent developments.

- - - - -

The Iranian Foreign Minister never mentioned Pakistan, brother. A journalist asked the Foreign Ministry's spokesman about reports of Pakistani involvement, and the spokesman just replied that such reports will need to get investigated, ie he neither named Pakistan nor confirmed said reports.

- - - - -

A war, simply for verbally disagreeing with a particular Taleban operation? It's a bit far fetched.

I agree with most of the things you said here but the emotional response from Iran doesn't look promising and it is inciting hatred towards them. Why should the spokesperson of Iran quote freaking fake news as factual that was out of line and creates diplomatic issues

Only reason you don't see a more hostile public is because only recently our parents generations loved Iran, our relationship with Iran was like what we currently have with Turkey
The Shah of Iran was a great ally of Pakistan and in 71 he sent his armies to our borders to fight India.

Our generation knows that Iran doesn’t exist anymore, so I don’t think this rose tinted view of Iran will last long once the generational transition occurs in the government and civil society .

It's not what I've been saying though.

Iran intervened in Syria before "I"SIS appeared there. So it didn't need "I"SIS to justify its operations there.

In Iraq, Iranian military assistance serves two purposes: crush "I"SIS and drive out US occupiers. There's no other aim that would require "I"SIS as a supposed cover.

Iraq was handed on a plate to the US by Gen Shaheed Soleimani. Much of what Taliban have achieved is through tactics learnt from his operations in Iraq and Syria.

Iran's ambitious efforts for cultivating a war economy outside her borders will come back to haunt her.

The Shah of Iran was a great ally of Pakistan and in 71 he sent his armies to our borders to fight India.

Our generation knows that Iran doesn’t exist anymore, so I don’t think this rose tinted view of Iran will last long once the generational transition occurs in the government and civil society .

The Mullah regime has been a really bad apple and highly provocative regime if you ask me at times unnecesarily provocative
Iraq was handed on a plate to the US by Gen Shaheed Soleimani. Much of what Taliban have achieved is through tactics learnt from his operations in Iraq and Syria.

Syria has not been handed over to anybody it is 3 part partition

I think Iran is crying because of the following reasons

1. Iraq’s government asking Pakistan for military assistance in training for their armed forces.

2. The new Taliban regime in Afghanistan.

3. Pakistan’s silent crackdown on Iranian proxies by cutting their funds thanks to the new terror financing laws.

Syria has not been handed over to anybody it is 3 part partition

So is Iraq and Yemen and all other countries Iran takes interest in. for them it's business of empire, divide and conquer.

I think Iran is crying because of the following two reasons

1. Iraq’s government asking Pakistan for military assistance in training for their armed forces.

2. The new Taliban regime in Afghanistan.

Accordding to rumors they have politically been pushed out of Iraq by Jordan and Egypt who have made an encroachment on the Iraqi government. They still have a militia inside Iraq but they can't do much because the Iraqi Government has support of other players in the region. There is a pipeline in Iraq

So is Iraq and Yemen and all other countries Iran takes interest in. for them it's business of empire, divide and conquer.
The mess in Lebanon also has Iranian hands involved.

When you hear these chants of death to Pakistan in a brotherly country

What do you think we should assume?

It was never about hating a country especially a Muslim country we share so many cultural ties with - our culture is deeply inspired by Iran

Why would we in our right mind go out of our way to hate a country like that?

Well that's the problem, isn't it. People see some video on "social media", are quick to draw far reaching conclusions but will not conduct research into who the individuals shown in the video are, what their position is etc.

The individuals you see in these clips chanting slogans against Pakistan belong to two groups:

1) Afghan refugees in Iran opposed to the Taleban.

2) Liberals, ie supporters of the reformist and centrist political factions.

There's been a concerted media effort by US-apologetic Iranian reformists and centrists to sabotage the official state policy which consists in seeking a mutual understanding with the Taleban. Just look at Tweets from major liberal activists such as Sadegh Zibakalam or Hossein Dehbashi, who've been staunchly criticizing the Islamic Republic for accepting Taleban takeover.

These people are also the ones who've been calling for direct Iranian intervention against the Taleban, whereas the revolutionary camp (called "hard liners" by western media) have on the contrary insisted that Iran should seek normalized ties with the Taleban as long as they do not proceed to threaten Iranian interests nor repress Iran's allies in Afghanistan.

Now while they are advocating action against the Taleban, the liberals have consistently opposed Iran's assstance to allies in Palestine, Lebanon and Syria.

Do you see a pattern here? Indeed, these Iranian liberals are working as fifth columnists to undermine the revolutionary and anti-imperialist orientation of the Islamic Republic, in line with Washington's goals. What they seek to achieve now, is to get Iran bogged down in Afghanistan, so that it will be forced to retreat from or reduce its involvement in Palestine, Lebanon and Syria, thereby easing the pressure on the zionist regime!

Iran's a diverse society and its political scenes is pluralistic. It's always useful to have local Iranian dynamics in mind. Pakistan's interests are best served if the revolutionary faction in Iran retains the upper hand, especially when it comes to Iran's policy towards Afghanistan.

The same is valid the other way around. Some Pakistanis visible on "social media" issue hostile comments against Iran, but if an Iranian watching them reaches the conclusion that Pakistan is therefore an enemy state to Iran, I will also invite him to properly identify the source and not extrapolate such statements from private persons onto state policy.

Last edited:

It really backfired and only lead to a genocide of the yemenis and bankrupty plus famine to the houthis

The bankruptcy of Lebanon is entirely on Iran and guess whos saving Lebanon now out of this bankrupty Egypt. The Lebanon president went to Sisi to help his country out of this mess and provide security

The bankruptcy of Lebanon is entirely on Iran
It’s not but it’s proxies had a major factor, the Saudis are equally complicit.

Remember when they held Saad Harrari hostage until he resigned?

So just because Iran is not willing to come and fight India side by side with you like back in 1971 then "Iran does not exist anymore"? really??? How has Pakistan helped Iran? Where the **** was our brotherly Muslim neighbor when Saddam Hussain attacked Iran? Oh no were to be found, thats where you where! Get off our d^ck and learn to fight the damn Indians yourself!

It really backfired and only lead to a genocide of the yemenis and bankrupty plus famine in Houthi

the way Iran has and continues to exploit tribal faultlines in the countries it aspires to dictate, it would not be unthinkable if Kurds, Azeris, Baloch and Afghans take their share and leave Faras as they found it all those millenniums ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom