What's new

Iran airs confession video of 2 French DGSE agents

I’m sorry but I just can’t believe it, hippies definitely,

Historically, spies have been seen using comparable types of covers. What you describe as a "hippie" style, could constitute textbook camouflage for intelligence assets.

Once again, we aren't supposed to be able to tell by contemplating them visually. The whole purpose is to make them appear as inconspicuous as possible. And a major spy agency like the DGSE can be expected to deliver in this regard.

Moreover they don't really look like hippies to me. At least that's not how individuals adhering to that movement usually dress in France and western Europe. These two appear similar to archetypal French civil servants, especially school teachers and the like.

I’m sorry but you will never convince me otherwise,

I certainly don't intend to. This is about countering comments which come across as tendentious.

also I figure if they were seasoned intelligence officers they wouldn’t be so easily coerced to making confessions and smiling afterwards probably thinking if they confessed they were going to be set free.

Here we have more gratuitous assumptions I'm afraid. For who said they thought they'd be set free if they confessed? Where are you getting the notion from, that it was "easy" to have them talk?

Now this isn't the first time captured spies confess and it won't be the last. There are multiple parameters involved here, ranging from their instructions, the type of mission they were involved in, the extent of information Iranian counter-espionage got its hands on, to the interrogation procedures employed, the variable psychological state of the detainees, and so on. Of which nothing is publicly known but depending on which, nabbed intelligence operatives may indeed proceed to confessing or not.

In other terms, the generalization that seasoned intelligence officers won't confess isn't valid.

Examples of reported spy confessions:

https://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/accused-russian-spy-confessed-prosecutors/story?id=11066806

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...soviets-kim-philby-made-public-for-first-time

but everything points out hippie wannabes.

As a matter of fact they are high ranking labor union representatives and their activity in this field is amply documented, including through publicly available information so actually no one's denying this. Iran showed pictures of them alongside trade unionists in other countries, namely Senegal.

Hence these people are well educated, competent professionals rather than simple "hippie wannabes". Moreover, Iran has shown footage of them meeting a member of a banned Iranian labor union. And, they've been traveling to Iran on a regular basis, systematically holding unofficial private meetings with local 'colleagues'.

Also if they are master spies capable of anything why wouldn’t they handcuffed, from the video of them writing on the board, which I’m sure was practiced beforehand.

Why should they be handcuffed when the location is extremely well surveilled and guarded, seeing how it'll certainly be a high security compound belonging either to the Ministry of Intelligence or to IRGC Intelligence? Do you believe arrested spies spend all their time in prison handcuffed?

Last edited:
Historically, spies have been seen using comparable types of covers. What you describe as a "hippie" style, would constitute textbook camouflage for intelligence assets.

Once again, we aren't supposed to be able to tell by contemplating them visually. The whole purpose is to make them appear as inconspicuous as possible. And a major spy agency like the DGSE can be expected to deliver in this regard.

Moreover they don't really look like hippies to me. At least that's not how individuals adhering to that movement usually dress in France and western Europe. These two appear similar to archetypal French civil servants, especially school teachers and the like.

I certainly don't intend to. This is about countering comments which come across as tendentious.

Here we have more gratuitous assumptions I'm afraid. For who said they thought they'd be set free if they confessed? Where are you getting the notion from, that it was "easy" to have them talk?

Now this is not the first time captured spies confess and it won't be the last. There are multiple parameters involved here, ranging from their instructions, the type of mission they were involved in, the extent of information Iranian counter-espionage got its hands on, to the interrogation procedures employed, the variable psychological state of the detainees, and so on. Of which nothing is publicly known but depending on which, nabbed intelligence operatives may indeed proceed to confessing or not.

In other terms, the generalization that seasoned intelligence officers won't confess isn't valid.

Examples of reported spy confessions:

https://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/accused-russian-spy-confessed-prosecutors/story?id=11066806

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...soviets-kim-philby-made-public-for-first-time

As a matter of fact they are high ranking labor union representatives and their activity in this field is amply documented, including through publicly available information so no one's denying this. Iran showed pictures of them alongside trade unionists in other countries.

Hence these people are well educated, competent professionals rather than simple "hippie wannabes". Moreover, Iran has shown footage of them meeting a member of a banned Iranian labor union. And, they've been traveling to Iran on a regular basis, systematically holding unofficial private meetings with local 'colleagues'.

Why should they be handcuffed when the location is extremely well surveilled and guarded, seeing how it'll certainly be a high security compound belonging either to the Ministry of Intelligence or to IRGC Intelligence? Do you think arrested spies spend all their time in prison handcuffed?
Honesty for someone who believes 9/11 was some kind of false flag operation your telling me I can’t doubt these two being foreign agents.

No not the video confessions but what led the investigators to capture them, not clippings from members of a bombing that purported to show someone that wasn’t the same person in the article. Look again iran has taken out many spies in the past and honestly they’re really good at it, but everything points out hippie wannabes. Also if they are master spies capable of anything why wouldn’t they handcuffed, from the video of them writing on the board, which I’m sure was practiced beforehand.
You haven't watched the video and yet argue about the video!

In the video there are footages of meetings between these two french spies and illegal Syndicate leaders in Iran. their mission was to to identify, fund and arm the elements who have the potential to go radical. in a more public meeting they say: "it's a battle to gain the majority,... to build a revolutionary pack", and of course in the more private meetings with already recruited elements more serious stuff were being discussed.

There is no such a thing as master spy and James Bond, get out of Hollywood.

You haven't watched the video and yet argue about the video!

In the video there are footages of meetings between these two french spies and illegal Syndicate leaders in Iran. their mission was to to identify, fund and arm the elements who have the potential to go radical. in a more public meeting they say: "it's a battle to gain the majority,... to build a revolutionary pack", and of course in the more private meetings with already recruited elements more serious stuff were being discussed.

There is no such a thing as master spy and James Bond, get out of Hollywood.
Ok you won I don’t feel like debating this any longer

All you're doing is speculating, and the Iranian regime has a history of "leaking" doctored fake documents.

Also, let's not pretend things weren't heating up between Iran and the west just prior to the riots.

You're purposefully misleading people here.

Nothing you said is factual, just speculation and government propaganda.
Bro ur flag is terrifying like ur troll president.

Best luck coming with a better lie.

One thing i cant understand, in which part of the Canadians are so much itching ,sooo much that they have to mind in others business.

Bro ur flag is terrifying like ur troll president.

Best luck coming with a better lie.

One thing i cant understand, in which part of the Canadians are so much itching ,sooo much that they have to mind in others business.
Iranians saying mind your own business is hilarious, considering Iran has made it its business to meddle in other people's affairs.

Also Canada doesn't have a president. If you're gonna make a comment criticizing me about lying (which I wasn't) then at least get your facts right. LMAO 🤣🤣🤣

Iranians saying mind your own business is hilarious, considering Iran has made it its business to meddle in other people's affairs.

Also Canada doesn't have a president. If you're gonna make a comment criticizing me about lying (which I wasn't) then at least get your facts right. LMAO 🤣🤣🤣
Okay clown, ur PM is also a clown.

Early in morning his *** was itching so he made a claim , Iran going to execute 1500 protesters..
Man what Iran did to them, did IRI rape Canada in the past?

And also they employed another clown for field works.

Early in morning his *** was itching so he made a claim , Iran going to execute 1500 protesters..

15000, honestly can’t sleep either.

Lmao, so butthurt because I dared criticize your circus regime.

Guess what? Iran is a piss poor country with a failing economy, and Canada is rich even when it faces economic hardship.

Criticizing Canada won't help here. Fix your own country before criticizing other's.

No I honestly do believe there are intelligence agents working in iran, sabotage, information gathering. One of the members

View attachment 898640
This is the woman who committed the bombing of the warrior wasn’t hard to find from 2017, look I’m not saying it’s not a bad ploy to get Iranian nationals back to iran. If the woman caught in iran was involved in the warrior bombing she would have to be in her early to late 70s she looks early to mid 40s, the guys age would be a closer match, but your lumping them both in.
LOL-WHUT!?.... :rofl:
I think that you`ve really gone and somehow got the wrong end of the stick there,my friend.
I was merely pointing out that an intelligence agent can be literally anyone,and that the french on occasion have made the most spectacular fools out of themselves when it came to this sort of thing.

LOL-WHUT!?.... :rofl:
I think that you`ve really gone and somehow got the wrong end of the stick there,my friend.
I was merely pointing out that an intelligence agent can be literally anyone,and that the french on occasion have made the most spectacular fools out of themselves when it came to this sort of thing.
Okay my mistake it seemed as if you were stating evidence but instead referenced an incident almost 40 years ago.

Lmao, so butthurt because I dared criticize your circus regime.

Guess what? Iran is a piss poor country with a failing economy, and Canada is rich even when it faces economic hardship.

Criticizing Canada won't help here. Fix your own country before criticizing other's.
Who made you a PDF analyst. Iran is not a "piss poor" country ..do not take pride in your ignorance. I assume you are not very educated so I do not bother trying to give you economic data but just keep this in your head:

A country like Iran that has world largest hydrocarbon reserves (oil+gas) can not be piss poor even if she tries to...so next time stay in your corner of the forum and do not make comments on issues you know nothing about.

Last edited:
Who made you a PDF analyst. Iran is not a "piss poor" country ..do not take pride in your ignorance. I assume you are not very educated so I do not bother trying to give you economic data but just keep this in your head:

A country like Iran that has world largest hydrocarbon reserves (oil+gas) can not be piss poor even if she tries to...so next time stay in your corner of the forum and do not make comments on issues you know nothing about.
Iranians have a per capita of less than $5000, Canadians have a per capita of over $50,000.

Your large reserves mean nothing when the profits aren't going to the people.

African nations have a shit ton of natural resources, they're still considered piss poor.

Don't talk about not knowing anything when you make such shitty intellectually dishonest arguments.

Take your clown argument back to the circus.

You ignorant uneducated fool...Iran Per capita in 2021 was $11,550 ... do not quote figures that are 12 years old..View attachment 899215

I know you are Pakistani so stay in Pakistan threads..As I said if you do not know anything about Iran do not come to our forum and pretend to be educated..Also do not quit your Pizza delivery job and stay out of issues you do not understand.
First you Iranians attack me because I'm Canadian, now you attack me because I'm Pakistani. Your bigotry knows no bounds.

Also, you're on a Pakistani forum. Defence.pk is a Pakistani forum.

Finally, $11,550. That's not only in terms of PPP, but its also not that much better. So yeah, nice try.

Don't call other people uneducated ignorant, or a fool when you decide to post misleading nonsense that doesn't really make your country look any better.

If I'm a pizza delivery boy, then you're things I cannot say without breaking forum rules. Be glad that I take forum rules seriously.

Pathetic.

Last edited:
First you Iranians attack me because I'm Canadian, now you attack me because I'm Pakistani. Your bigotry knows no bounds.

Also, you're on a Pakistani forum. Defence.pk is a Pakistani forum.

Finally, $11,550. That's not only in terms of PPP, but its also not that much better. So yeah, nice try.

Don't call other people uneducated ignorant, or a fool when you decide to post misleading nonsense that doesn't really make your country look any better.

If I'm a pizza delivery boy, then you're things I cannot say without breaking forum rules. Be glad that I take forum rules seriously.

Pathetic.
I have nothing personal against you...here is what you did:
You came to Iranian forum and called Iran a "dirt poor" country...I lived and went to school most of my life in Canada (47 years) but even in here people know that "You do not go to someone else house and insult them". You also know well that if I pull out those economics figures for your ancestral homeland of Pakistan the numbers will not look good at all ..and by the way $ 11,500 Per capita income of Iran although still far away from Canada is an AMAZING number for a country of 85 million that has been forced out of International Trade and sanctioned for 40 years.
Have a great day

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom