What's new

iPhone 15 Pro is powered by new industry-leading ‘A17 Pro’ chip

F-22Raptor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
Apple today announced that iPhone 15 Pro is powered by a new Apple Silicon chip, which Apple calls ‘A17 Pro’.

A17 Pro is fabricated using an industry-leading 3 nanometer process, housing a total of 19 billion transistors. Apple says the high-performance cores in A17 chip are up to 10% faster, and mean iPhone remains the fastest smartphone in the industry. However, the bigger focus this year is on the GPU performance.

The new six-core GPU in A17 Pro is faster than ever, up to 20% faster. Apple also says sustained performance for gaming is also significantly improved.

The A17 Pro chip also enables hardware-accelerated raytracing for super-accurate lighting rendering on iPhone 15 Pro. As a result, iPhone 15 Pro is the first smartphone to be capable of realtime raytracing.

A17 also includes a USB-3 controller, enabling up to 10 Gbps data transfer speeds over the iPhone 15 Pro’s USB-C port. This is up to 20x faster than the old USB-2 speeds supported by the Lightning port.

The A17 Pro chip is available inside the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max, which go up for preorder this Friday and go on sale in stores next week, on Friday September 22.

im getting pro just so i can have 3nm technology in my hands

human ingenuity

these are pieces of leaps in human history

You do realize that this '3nm' node is more of marketing gimmick than anything substantial?
its not completely meaningless as it does relate to the finer details of EUV process (fab specific ) and overall transistor density

Slide2.jpg

Last edited:
its not completely meaningless as it does relate to the finer details of EUV process (fab specific ) and overall transistor density

Slide2.jpg
So why is battery life unchanged from Iphone 14?

So why is battery life unchanged from Iphone 14?
wait for actual tests

apple usually underestimate

ive had every pro max phone and they’ve all outperformed my expectations except for maybe 12 pro max

I'll stick with my 14 Pro nothing extra-ordinary.

IMO, no matter whatever brand you are fan of, nothing justifies buying a new phone every year (unless off course you have too much money and don't know where to spend it). Any modern smartphone can easily stay relevant 2-3 years. Market is already saturated.

Screenshot 2023-09-14 at 1.10.00 AM.png

IMO, no matter whatever brand you are fan of, nothing justifies buying a new phone every year (unless off course you have too much money and don't know where to spend it). Any modern smartphone can easily stay relevant 2-3 years. Market is already saturated.

View attachment 953441
Pretty accurate, the only reason why I upgraded was because I had to give my phone to my mother as her wasn't working. Now, since I have the iPhone 14 Pro I don't plan on upgrading it for another 2-3 years.

View attachment 953441

yep - my iphone 13 Pro Max will be good for 3 years more if not 4. At $1,200 dollars - they should have a 5 year lifespan just as does a laptop

Back
Top Bottom