What's new

INS Vikrant, India's First Indigenous Aircraft Carrier, To Be Handed Over To Indian Navy In May

Sure

The planes are the least of their worries. They have an "operational" ship that sails two weeks every four years.

And they have no carrier operating right now have not for the past year.

You cannot do night landing when you hardly do any landings for years on end.

Unlike the Chinese carriers:

The blast shields are scorched black after a mission and tire marks all over the deck. And the Liaoning had patrolled multiple times this year:
03842A07-65FD-4417-9A06-35CFA81B7B67.jpeg

878D68D9-A1C8-4EDD-8EF4-62365A65C4D7.jpeg

Lets face it. Chinese carrier Liaoning was commissioned in 2012 or so. It only entered the active combat duty in 2018 AFTER a mid-life refit. What kind of carrier needs a mid-life refit before first deployment in naval fleet? Lol a chinese one! What a joke!

Can you please provide the source for this?

Strange thing, why keep the deck dark.
U.S. and Chinese aircraft carriers try to illuminate their decks to help pilots confirm their position during dangerous night landings
us
china

Yeah, if you look at that Indian clip again there is nothing else aboard that we can see. It's a trial landing. Not normal operations.

The Vikramaditya doesn't have blast shields and its elevators are in the middle of the deck so it is even more imperative that its crew see things while operating. Why would there be no light unless nothing else is happening on the flight deck?

On a Chinese carrier operating at night (and in snow) they have lighting. Indians keep their deck pitch black?
0584AB24-5773-4C52-A79A-D1846ECA9C80.jpeg

EC84C77E-393E-445D-9206-8EAFBB1145A7.jpeg

611B140A-27B7-475F-B3CB-E5837ECBD685.jpeg

This is something Indians are mighty proud of.

Their first ever indigenous Aircraft Carrier.

Yeah, if you look at that Indian clip again there is nothing else aboard that we can see. It's a trial landing. Not normal operations.

The Vikramaditya doesn't have blast shields and its elevators are in the middle of the deck so it is even more imperative that its crew see things while operating. Why would there be no light unless nothing else is happening on the flight deck?

On a Chinese carrier operating at night (and in snow) they have lighting. Indians keep their deck pitch black?
View attachment 841275
View attachment 841273
View attachment 841274
And how do we know if it is real or staged like this :

View attachment 841275
View attachment 841273
View attachment 841274
And how do we know if these are real pictures / video or staged like your government always does :

Its Made In China after all.... all fake!

View attachment 841275
View attachment 841273
View attachment 841274
Since you don't like total dark, here is Not so Dark version :

You cannot do night landing when you hardly do any landings for years on end.
*Ahem*

Strange thing, why keep the deck dark.
To ensure that a purely instrument based landing can be done if needed. Without support of any human observation. Can Chinese carrier and aviators do this? Show me the video for that.

Last edited:

View attachment 841275
View attachment 841273
View attachment 841274

Leave all of this, first lets get back to Bulbous bow discussion we were having. What do you know about them? And why do you think they are absolutely must? You seem to be quite an expert on it :rofl:, lets hear it again, why do you think Bulbous bow is absolutely necessary?

Care to give me some CFD equations about use of bulbous bow? I can do that BTW and show why it is not exactly needed. Lets talk about it since thats how this discussion started. Lets see if you can do it or you are fake Chinese Wu-Mao.

And how do we know if it is real or staged like this :

And how do we know if these are real pictures / video or staged like your government always does :

Its Made In China after all.... all fake!

Since you don't like total dark, here is Not so Dark version :

*Ahem*

To ensure that a purely instrument based landing can be done if needed. Without support of any human observation. Can Chinese carrier and aviators do this? Show me the video for that.
Strangely, when the U.S. Navy conducts instrument landing training, all the lights on the deck are lit.
Instead of leaving the entire deck pitch black.

Strangely, when the U.S. Navy conducts instrument landing training, all the lights on the deck are lit.
Instead of leaving the entire deck pitch black.
So?

Does having a lights on deck necessary for a landing test? Whats the point of all of this weird questioning?

Shall I also ask any proof of real or fakeness of Chinese Carriers? For instance, how do we know if Chinese carrier has any real operational capability besides just putting on a gong show as it has not seen an exercise outside of PLAN?

So?

Does having a lights on deck necessary for a landing test? Whats the point of all of this weird questioning?

Shall I also ask any proof of real or fakeness of Chinese Carriers? For instance, how do we know if Chinese carrier has any real operational capability besides just putting on a gong show as it has not seen an exercise outside of PLAN?
I can't find a video of the US Navy turning off the deck lights of a carrier for pure instrument landing training.
So, I don't understand what is the practical significance of this training? Under what circumstances does the aircraft carrier need to completely turn off the lights to land?

I can't find a video of the US Navy turning off the deck lights of a carrier for pure instrument landing training.
Point is simple : Do you have a proof that lights are a must for any night landing tests? Which operational manual are you referring to?

So, I don't understand what is the practical significance of this training? Under what circumstances does the aircraft carrier need to completely turn off the lights to land?
I do not understand what is the practical significance of matching EXACT to how US Navy or PLAN tests its capability and applying it exactly to IN? You asked for night landing and there is a video. Infact the landing happened in Pitch dark suggests a harder task and total reliance on instruments.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom