What's new

Infrastructure Development in Pakistan

Jazz reducing electricity line losses with GSMA, CISNR, and PESCO

ISLAMABAD : Jazz, Pakistan’s leading digital communications company, has been awarded the prestigious GSMA Mobile for Development Utilities Innovation Fund, launched in June 2013 to test and scale the use of mobile to improve or increase access to energy, water and sanitation services.

The grant was awarded to Jazz’s for their “Energy and Line Losses Reduction in Pakistan” idea in collaboration with Centre for Intelligent Systems & Network Research (CISNR) & Peshawar Electric Supply Company (PESCO), which uses an indigenous solution developed by their partner, CISNR, to address the biggest issue being faced by local power distribution sector; line losses and electricity theft.

Jazz has been successful in securing the seed grant after an extensive evaluation and due diligence exercise carried out by GSMA among multiple organizations from various markets. Not only telecom operators but technology innovators and development organizations from Africa and Asian regions were part of the competition, as well.

Main points of Mini Budget

- Tax on income from loans to SME sector to be reduced to 20%

- Agricultural tax will be dropped to 20 per cent.

-To provide low-income housing, loans will be decreased to 20 per cent. Rs5 billion revolving fund will be introduced.

- Withholding tax for filers on banking transactions will be eliminated to encourage the culture of paying taxes.

- Non-fillers will be able to purchase small and mid-size cars up to 1300CC, but the tax would be increased.

- Tax has been decreased to Rs5000 for small wedding halls up to 500 square feet.

- Pilot scheme to be introduced in Islamabad to facilitate traders in filing and paying taxes.

- Duty on import of newsprint eliminated.

- Special economic zones have been formed keeping in mind the interest of CPEC.

- In the next 5 years, those working to produce products for renewable energy will be exempt from sales tax and customs duty.

- No tax on bids for sports franchises until profitability.

- From July 1 super tax will be eliminated for non-banking companies.

- Continuation of 1pc per annum reduction in corporate income tax.

- Tax will be increased for vehicles over 1800CC

- Tax for low priced phones will be decreased, will remain the same for expensive phones.

- Scheme to be introduced of promisory notes for exporters. Any exporter will be able to take loans from banks on these notes.

Govt decides to set up 100 'Model Police Stations' in Punjab

1895984-vhqeofe_x-1548349122-955-640x480.jpg

PM has decided to change visa policy to promote tourism in the country, says Fawad Chaudhry.

ISLAMABAD: Following the Sahiwal shooting incident involving the Punjab’s counterterrorism force, the government has decided to overhaul the provincial police department and set up 100 ‘Model Police Stations’.

The decision comes during the federal cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Imran Khan in Islamabad on Thursday. Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar among other cabinet members attended the meeting.

On 19 January, four people were killed in a bungled encounter involving the Punjab’s Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) personnel on a highway in the Qadirabad area of Sahiwal district.

Briefing the media soon after the high-level huddle, Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry said it has been decided in the meeting that Punjab’s 100 police stations will be converted into ‘Model Police Stations’.

Chinese envoy visits Rashakai SEZ site

PESHAWAR: Chinese Ambassador Yao Jing on Wednesday visited on-site facilitation centre of Rashakai Special Economic Zone. The Chinese ambassador was accompanied by officials of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Economic Zones Development and Management Company (KPEZDMC) and China Road and Bridge Corporation. He was given a briefing on the location plan, field studies and approach road of the Zone. Jing appreciated the location and stressed on the importance of RSEZ in CPEC. Earlier, a joint venture agreement between KPEZDMC and CRBC to develop 1,000 acres Rashakai SEZ was signed by CEO KPEZDMC Saeed Ahmed and senior management of CRBC in Beijing in November 2018. The SEZ to be developed jointly by KPEZDMC and CRBC will be offering excellent infrastructure and amenities to the industrialists. The project will be launched soon. However, applications for more than 1,200 acres from local investors have already been received. According to the JV agreement, CRBC will be responsible for marketing the Zone locally and internationally.

As part of its marketing efforts, CRBC is in advance stages of inviting local investors and Chinese large-scale manufacturers to invest in the Zone.

Pakistan-Korea Technical Textile Research Center accomplished at National Textile University, Faisalabad.
Korea Invested $3 Million USD to establish this center

Afforestation campaign in full swing at Pizoi, Pak Army gears up construction of drains and ponds to bring greenery to Chaghi Balochistan .

Excellent... Thanks for sharing. This is new stuff for me. If possibke can you please share some more info on this.
Balochistan.. Esp the suleiman range needs to be afforested but for that to be sustainable we need fozen of small dams. Both go hand in hand

No, visibility would be dangerously reduced. We can plant shrubs and bushes but not trees

Respect your opinion, but I stick to what I said before.

I don't see any reduction in visibility. Obviously, I don't mean entire billion trees should be squeezed here but highways should be utilized.
gcpwold005.jpg

IMG_6189.JPG

Respect your opinion, but I stick to what I said before.

I don't see any reduction in visibility. Obviously, I don't mean entire billion trees should be squeezed here but highways should be utilized.
gcpwold005.jpg

IMG_6189.JPG
Trees are fine on the outside edges, like in the picture but not where vehicles are merging into another road.

The government has completed feasibility studies for 15 dams scheduled for development in the four provinces, according to a news report. Of these, four are located in #Punjab, six in #Balochistan, one in #Sindh, and four will be constructed in #KhyberPakhtunkhwa.

The government got the feasibility study completed through Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA). These dams include #Akhori Dam, #Chiniot Dam, #Papan Dam, and #Kabir Dam.

Chiniot Dam will be constructed on #Chenab River between Chiniot and Chenab Nagar. Papan Dam will be built in district #Rawalpindi, while the Kabir Dam will be located at Kabir Nala in #Talagang.

In Balochistan, #Naulong Dam will be constructed on #Mula river, the #Hingol Dam will be built on Hangol river, while the #Pilar Dam will be located in #Awaran ditrict.

#NaiGaj Dam will be constructed in district #Dadu of Sindh and #Mohmand Dam will be constructed on #Swat river in district Mohmand.

51377781_2227517467516775_3342825183084806144_n.jpg

Trees are fine on the outside edges, like in the picture but not where vehicles are merging into another road.

The second picture is of an exit. That is what I was talking about not where the ramp is merging into the parkway/highway. Obviously, first they have to study and identify which parts will be non hazardous.

Back
Top Bottom