What's new

Infrastructure Development in Pakistan

OKy i will look it up on facebook.
Frankly, i lil bit disappointed on this :(
I though you will be able to get me some real sources, never have been a huge FB follower!

The pictures are legit, I have tested them for P.S. work. So whether he wants to disclose his source or not, doesn't mean that he's posting pictures that aren't real. I am not sure if I understood your question, whether you wanted to get a source for your own knowledge, or if you were questioning his posts legitimacy...

The pictures are legit, I have tested them for P.S. work. So whether he wants to disclose his source or not, doesn't mean that he's posting pictures that aren't real. I am not sure if I understood your question, whether you wanted to get a source for your own knowledge, or if you were questioning his posts legitimacy...
Lolz, no these are legit for sure!! Not doubting there legitimacy, just wanted the source for information and for some work/project i am planning :) I though he will be the photographer or maybe he is taking these from internet so i can contact them. It is now made clear that someone is giving them these pictures and he is posting. I still do request that if possible he can reveal that someone so i can see how to progress with my work project.

Prototype modern high speed high capacity hopper trucks for coal transportation have reached Karachi port.

Pakistan railway will fabricate hundreds of trucks of this type in Pakistan Railways Workshop, Lahore. Pakistan Railways ordered 800 of Such wagons out of which 595 will be made in Mughalpura Railway Workshop Lahore

13705087_1177005669030200_1783234582_n.jpg
13706272_1177005662363534_1056825981_n.jpg
13713471_1177339538996813_181203491_n.jpg
13735396_1177339525663481_187765998_n.jpg

cool, but theres something i dont understand, Iran produces 78000MG electricity out of which 18000 is wasted or surplus, why pakistan didnt buy that electricity for cheap despite irans offer to pakistan,

no commissions?

I have just heard the news that PIA is going to start services with A333 which are currently under sri lankan airways. Anybody know these jets will be bought or leased?

I have just heard the news that PIA is going to start services with A333 which are currently under sri lankan airways. Anybody know these jets will be bought or leased?
They are getting 3 x A330, approx one year old from Srilanka airways and PIA dry leased them as far as i know,
London Heathrow is the focus destination for PIA also known as Premium Service. The A330-300 will be put on this route first to establish the Premium Service. So new aircraft,new livery and branding,new cabin interiors,new inflight services,new inflight catering.....Premium Service will set the benchmark for PIA to build on for the future.

Here's the sneak Peak of the Aircraft arriving in few days:

ull.jpg

sri.jpg

image.jpg

Sri_Lankan_Airlines_A330_Business_Class_03_1.jpg

seats.jpg

Regards

Khan Walli

On a per mile /per kilometre construction comparison, constructing highways is much cheaper, a highway being about half the cost of the rail track.

Per a 2014 report, the Valley Metrorail light rail transit system in the greater Phoenix, Arizona cost $1.4-bilion for a 20 mile double track or $35-milllion per mile for a single track whereas a typical highway costs about $20-million per lane mile. However the rail cost includes rolling stock, overhead electrical structure and railway yard for maintenance of the rolling stock.

It is because of this that Road lobby wins in many countries. It has done so in Pakistan at the expense of the neglect of the Railway network. However this is an incorrect comparison.

At 60-miles per hour carrying capacity of one lane highway is about 2,400 per hour or about 57,600 vehicles in a 24 hour period. About 75% of the cars carrying a single occupant most of the time, assuming the balance 25% carry 2 occupants, it means per lane capacity for 72,000 highway passengers.

What is missing here is cost of the motor vehicles. Before any passenger can benefit from the highway, he /she has to purchase a car or travel by the bus. Assuming average cost of $20,000 per vehicle, 57,600 vehicles would require additional investment of $1.15-billion. Thus actual cost for high way travel for a 20-mile single lane stretch is $400-million for the road plus $1.15-billion for vehicles or a total of $1.155-billion for 72,000 passengers, in other words $15,972 investment per passenger.

Assuming 80 passengers per train car, if each train consists of 5 cars and 6 trains per hour, capacity comes to 2400 passenger per hour or 57,600 passengers per mile per day at full capacity.

On this basis investment in a single rail network costing $700-milion is sufficient for 57,600 passengers or an investment of $9,896 per passenger.

The above being investment cost alone. Once we add fuel costs of the cars & the operating costs of the rail network, one would find that train travel comes out far cheaper than the travel by road. When you also consider the traffic congestion, pollution etc, rail travel wins hands down.

It is therefore a pity that instead of investing in upgrading railway network and in the light intercity & intra city trains Pakistanis has let the Pakistan Railways go to the dogs. Have heard that some people have even removed part of the track of the existing Karachi City Railway and sold the same as scrap!.

In my humble opinion, there is no need for Metro buses or high speed trains, 60-miles per hour trains are fine as long these run on time. If you want to improve the infra structure, rejuvenates Pakistan Railways & the Karachi Rail as the top priority before anything else.

Having been to Bombay (now Mumbai), please believe me when I say that without its rail network, Mumbai would cease to function. London come to stop whenever there is a Tube strike.

P.S.
I have only used single lane & single track for simplicity. Total investment for double track & two lanes would be twice as much. However, per passenger cost would not change as capacity would be doubled. I have used Phoenix Light rail dollar numbers because these available on the internet.

Those are some #ucking $hit cooling towers. Never saw them in Pakistan before. By using the Chinese capacity, paid for by the Chinese, CPEC is contributing to keeping the Chinese economy alive.
Lol

Nice,
so can you share the source as well? Which website are you using for these images if these are not taken by yourself? If you are not comfortable discussing this on thread you can always contract me in private conversation or drop me a message here and i will start the conversation. Please need this little help from you. You have an amazing collection of all these pictures and development work and will really appreciate if you can share the source website please.

And skyscrapercity :) Google it & u will find a lot of pictures there & u can check other threads on that forum which are specific for development related on USA,China,Pakistan etc etc

They are getting 3 x A330, approx one year old from Srilanka airways and PIA dry leased them as far as i know,
London Heathrow is the focus destination for PIA also known as Premium Service. The A330-300 will be put on this route first to establish the Premium Service. So new aircraft,new livery and branding,new cabin interiors,new inflight services,new inflight catering.....Premium Service will set the benchmark for PIA to build on for the future.

Here's the sneak Peak of the Aircraft arriving in few days:

ull.jpg

sri.jpg

image.jpg

Sri_Lankan_Airlines_A330_Business_Class_03_1.jpg

seats.jpg

Regards

Khan Walli

i think these planes painted in new PIA levery.

Salt Range, Kallar Kahar after Re-carpeting

13659125_1147656671962114_1577617559931300203_n.jpg

13690795_587763158051264_8509824495870296920_n.jpg

13615210_2072995646258412_4052880316898512649_n.jpg

_

Back
Top Bottom