What's new

Indonesian President watches failed firings of Chinese made C705 missiles

According to TNI-AL sources, the first C-705 deployed on Clurit failed to launch upon command, but fired unexpectedly about five minutes later after the ship's crew failed to observe a misfire procedure.

Fundamental flaw.

NO.
Just one, from KRI Clurit.

Confrimed by KRI Clurit crew itself Mr.Bronco
Credit to Mr.Bronco
View attachment 334953

Looks like a forum posting than a news. I don't think that the post can be considered as credible source in here.

Sorry guys for killing the party :-)

The news is Wrong, just One Indonesian Navy ship that shot C-705 Missile "KRI Clurit"

Why there is delay, when C-705 launching?
Because there is Communication problem between KRI Banjarmasin that President Joko Widodo boarded and KRI Clurit that shot C-705 Missile.
The crew in "KRI Clurit" doesn't know, when our President Mr.Joko Widodo starting count down.

Why C-705 Missile miss the target?
Just answer it by yourself.
The Target ship is 50 Kilometers (30 nm) away from "KRI Clurit"
but Radar sensor in "KRI Clurit" is SR-47A with Max range 40 Kilometers.
So ........ We can get the answer :-)
That's why Datalink is so Important in Modern naval warfare

I don't know, why they shoot a 50 kilometers (30 nm) target when they actually has 40 km target detection capability? It's hard to believe. Didn't they know the limitation of their radar? Plus, this is a training that witnessed by the president. Shouldn't the navy be more careful with their demonstration, or else they will lost face. Plus, I doubt they deliberately make the missile miss the target.

If what you write is true, then there are several reason why it happen.
1st, the crews are untrained. They haven't master the technology that they possessed.
2nd, TNI AL high commands doesn't know the capability (and limitation) of the ships.

Which mean unreasonable. As they will lose face to the president. I'm sure that this training has been prepared through fully by TNI AL.. So I believe more that the problem lies in the C705 software (incompatible with the Fire Control Comp in the mother ship) rather than the unprofessional act by the crews and the commanders.

Last edited:
But we haven't realized the transfer of technology contract. So those missiles are still made in China, not made in Indonesia... yet. And this failure will be used by people who oppose to buy China product do demonized China's missile.
That's good. Why does China want to TOT to a hostile nation like indo?

So, it's another fabricated story from Janes. :D

It seems that many Indonisian members here bought the story which Janes told them and have some willingness to admit that there do exist some problems.

It's weird.
What's up with Jane's? Used to be more reliable. Seem like they are hiring too many "experts" from Kanwa

It is a damage for Indonesian integration capabilities.

Let's back to 2012-2014, C705 perform perfectly in a firing demonstration then Indonesia choosed the missile. In 2014 Indonesia also discuss with CASIC to produce the missile in Indonesia and other systems but at that time Indonesia already want to produce the missile and market it outside Indonesia.

And the integration problem. Hmmm.

PS. Indonesia also licensed to produce C802 and it seems that they are too eager to export these ships.
without investigating how can one conclude on the cause ?

Looks like a forum posting than a news. I don't think that the post can be considered as credible source in here.

I don't know, why they shoot a 50 kilometers (30 nm) target when they actually has 40 km target detection capability? It's hard to believe. Didn't they know the limitation of their radar? Plus, this is a training that witnessed by the president. Shouldn't the navy be more careful with their demonstration, or else they will lost face. Plus, I doubt they deliberately make the missile miss the target.

1st, the crews are untrained. They haven't master the technology that they possessed.
2nd, TNI AL high commands doesn't know the capability (and limitation) of the ships.

Which mean unreasonable. As they will lose face to the president. I'm sure that this training has been prepared through fully by TNI AL.. So I believe more that the problem lies in the C705 software (incompatible with the Fire Control Comp in the mother ship) rather than the unprofessional act by the crews and the commanders.
Software should not be an issue as C802 works well.There should be no big difference between these two

Yo if all our Chinese weapons could actually WORK

upload_2016-9-17_11-22-27.png

Software should not be an issue as C802 works well.There should be no big difference between these two

Who know. C802 is not C705. Maybe they should work. But you know, bugs and glitch always haunt the programs.

Programe error when switching from Chinese to Bahasa Indonesia? Everything is speculation untill final investigation. Wait for official announcemént.

This maybe a sabotage attempt. The article clearly says that failures come against increased backdrops over increased spending on Chinese weapon systems. It may very well be an attempt to make Chinese systems look bad when President is watching so that other systems could be looked at.
Anyway this is just my opinion and a food for thought. I might be wrong.

Programe error when switching from Chinese to Bahasa Indonesia? Everything is speculation untill final investigation. Wait for official announcemént.

I agree, everything is still speculation.

This maybe a sabotage attempt. The article clearly says that failures come against increased backdrops over increased spending on Chinese weapon systems. It may very well be an attempt to make Chinese systems look bad when President is watching so that other systems could be looked at.
Anyway this is just my opinion and a food for thought. I might be wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case, there are significant US lobbyist in Indonesian politics and military. Most of them have homes and bank account in the US and are also US passport holders.

http://www.navyrecognition.com/inde...s-63m-stealth-fast-missile-patrol-vessel.html

TNI AL has some history of shabby handling..

http://www.navyrecognition.com/inde...s-63m-stealth-fast-missile-patrol-vessel.html

Will not be surprised that the missile misfired is another poor procedure.

TNI AL has some history of shabby handling..

Will not be surprised that the missile misfired is another poor procedure.

That KRI Klewang was burned down before it was given to TNI. It was the fault of PT. Lundin as the ship maker. But I agree with you, the Klewang incident was happen because of poor planning by the decision maker. They should make a warship with steel, but choose a material that easily burned like that.

That's why I suspect of the incompatibility of the system. Just the same of KRI Klewang case. They chose systems that didn't work to each other. A wrong design choice, like KRI Klewang. But it isn't the fault of TNI AL.

But, it is only a speculation. There are a lot of possibility. It can be bad quality of the missiles, untrained crews who still don't understand the system of their ship, miss communication between the command ship and the missile ships, a stratagem to discredit China, incompatibility of the system, missile installation problem by the ship maker, etc.

Last edited:
Yes becos every single news of single Chinese jets crashing or missle launch failure gives them an intense orgasm

The thing is that in india it is an every day news but it rarely happens in china even when they call it made in china :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom