What's new

Indonesia vs Arab countries, FIBA 2023 World Cup Qualifiying

Indos

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Indonesia is in the same group with Lebanon, Saudi, and Jordan. We will see how they will performed.

Indonesia vs Lebanon. Unfortunately Indonesia is not backed by three of its best players, Lester Prosper (naturalized player)-he gets Covid according to Lebanese authorities (suspicious...), Arki Wisnu (Get Covid during his vacation in USA by his family), and Derrick Michael, currently in Australia getting scholarship from NBA Academy Australia.

Lebanon used his naturalized player. FIBA only allow any team to have 1 naturalized player. Indonesia still have another naturalized player beside Prosper, Marquest Bolden,and he played in NBA (Houston Rocket). He will only be played in important tournament like FIBA Asia Cup and World Cup ( if Indonesia passes the qualification round)

Last edited:
Intermezo

After 70 years, Indonesia Basketball Association (PERBASI), change its logo

1638991833449.png

Very old logo

1638991900449.png

Into new one

1638991982327.png

Late February match

Indonesia vs Saudi
Indonesia vs Jordan

1644936182092.png

NEXT GAME IS AWAITING (Jeddah and Amman)

24 February against Saudi
27 February against Jordan

Indonesian player

Guard :

Andakara Prastawa (Pelita Jaya), Abraham Damar Grahita (Prawira Bandung), Agassi Goantara, Widyanta Putra Teja (West Bandits Combiphar Solo), Yudha Saputra (Prawira Bandung), Muhammad Arighi (Pelita Jaya)

Small Forward :
Aldy Izzatur Rahman (Indonesia Patriots), Brandon Jawato (Utsunomiya Brex), Kaleb Ramot Gemilang (Dewa United Surabaya), Juan Laurent Kokodiputra (Satria Muda Pertamina)

Power Forward : Kevin Yonas (Satria Muda Pertamina), Ali Bagir (Satria Muda Pertamina)

Center: Vincent Kosasih (Pelita Jaya), Lester Prosper (Naturalization player)

Not yet the best team,three good players are absent, two main players are getting Covid and one promising player play in NBA Academy and currently in USA.

Indonesian team during Indonesia vs Saudi match

New additional players here are

Yudha Saputra ( Number 11)
Aldi Izzatur Rahman (Number 34 )
Kaleb Gemilang (Number 13)

1645758231269.png

Last edited:
Will be supporting Indonesia👍

Promising young Indonesian players, Yudha, Muhammad Arighi, and Ali Bagir who are played in last quarter. These players I predicts will be our main force in the next game, Yudha and Arighi just played in professional club in this year league, while Ali Bagir is still playing in junior team.

We still have 2 good players who dont play in this game

1. Arki Wisnu ( Got covid )

2. Derrick Michael ( Mix Indonesian/ Cameeron)- Played in NBA Academy Australia. He is 18 years old and 203 cm, good to be our power forward, he also plays in power forward during his time in NBA Academy. Most probably he will play in NCAA Division 1 USA

Promising young Indonesian players, Yudha, Muhammad Arighi, and Ali Bagir who are played in last quarter. These players I predicts will be our main force in the next game, Yudha and Arighi just played in professional club in this year league, while Ali Bagir is still playing in junior team.

We still have 2 good players who dont play in this game

1. Arki Wisnu ( Got covid )

2. Derrick Michael ( Mix Indonesian/ Cameeron)- Played in NBA Academy Australia. He is 18 years old and 203 cm, good to be our power forward, he also plays in power forward during his time in NBA Academy. Most probably he will play in NCAA Division 1 USA

Think Indonesia will do well even if they get a single win (most probably against Saudi) since all your other opponents are ranked way higher than you.

Think Indonesia will do well even if they get a single win (most probably against Saudi) since all your other opponents are ranked way higher than you.

Hopefully, we still have time to prepare, this March the basketball league will start again until Ramadhan come.

------------------------------------

Derrick Michael is the future of Indonesian basketball says coach Toroman​

16/03/2020

1646029777620.png

JAKARTA (Indonesia) - Coach Rajko Toroman was clear about what his team needed in the first window of the FIBA Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers. Sure, he had smart and tactical players in the squad, which are just as important, but Toroman still needed a bit more than that.
He emphasized the advantage the Philippines had after their loss. Not only were the Philippines very talented, but they were also athletic from top to bottom, whether it was the likes of Troy Rosario, Roger Pogoy, and especially Thirdy Ravena.

Athleticism and size is what the Indonesian national team tactician needs. Though he admits that the team is currently in shortage of that area, Toroman can see a lot of promise. He doesn't even have to look for it too far, as it will only take just a glimpse down towards the end of his bench.

"We have to work with Derrick," Toroman said. "Derrick really is the future of Indonesia basketball."

Such is high praise from the experienced Serbian coach for the lankly 16-year-old Derrick Michael Xzavierro. It's clear why Toroman has such high expectations for Derrick; he still has plenty of years left as a teenager and is already towering at 2.03M (6'8"). There's plenty of room for Derrick to grow, and every Indonesia basketball fan is hoping that he will.

The youngster is still very raw, but he moves fluidly enough that he has promise playing as a forward. His wingspan and height alone right now makes him a pestering presence around the rim.

Again, Derrick is far from a finished prospect. But he has sky-high potential that nearly everyone can see and be hopeful for. That's why coach Rajko allowed him to get onto the court during the fourth quarter of their game against Korea. It's why the crowd at Mahaka Arena greeted him with a standing ovation as he was substituted into the game.

"Shocked," Derrick said about how he felt when coach Toroman called him in. "I felt that I'm still not ready and afraid to play in the court. When I was called, I could still can't believe it."

"I was told that whatever happened, I had to believe in myself and have to do my best," Derrick told the media after the game.

In his first-ever appearance for the senior national team, Derrick grabbed two rebounds in two minutes of play. He didn't sway the momentum of a game that Korea had already gotten control of, but when he was on the floor, the future looked even brighter for Indonesia basketball. It might take some time for him to pan out to his full potential fully, but everyone is looking forward to seeing it happen.

"[In] 3 years, he will be very competitive in international competition," claimed Toroman. "But he must work with these guys so that he can improve."

"That's the future of Indonesia basketball."

FIBA

NEXT GAME IN JUNE

Indonesia against Saudi
Indonesia against Jordan

Indonesian player composition based on my prediction

Guard :

Andakara Prastawa (Pelita Jaya), Abraham Damar Grahita (Prawira Bandung), Widyanta Putra Teja (West Bandits Combiphar Solo), Yudha Saputra (Prawira Bandung), Muhammad Arighi (Pelita Jaya)

Small Forward :
Brandon Jawato (Utsunomiya Brex), Kaleb Ramot Gemilang (Dewa United Surabaya), Arki Wisnu (Satria Muda Pertamina), Sandy Ibrahim ( Satria Muda Pertamina ), Agassi Goantara (Pelita Jaya),

Power Forward : Derrick Michael (NBA Academy), Ali Bagir (Indonesia Patriot)

Center: Vincent Kosasih (Pelita Jaya), Marquest Bolden (NBA G league)

Marques Terrell Bolden (born April 17, 1998) is an American-born naturalized Indonesian professional basketball player for the Salt Lake City Stars of the NBA G League.

@KedarT This men will likely play in FIBA Asia Cup in June 2022 for Indonesia

Last edited:
I want to see Ali Bagir improvement in IBL league in March and during Seagames 2022 in May 18-22. If he can improve his shooting and drive, he will be a very importance player in next game against Arab countries.

He is also Arab Indonesian 8-)

Look like his ancestor is in Yemen by looking to his looks @Abu Dhabi

@Abu Dhabi bro, you can see his performance in last 2 minutes in fourth quarter, he is new in national team, he is also studying in university of Indonesia (UI) as STEM students. For STEM universities, UI is the second best after ITB in Indonesia.

1646042768630.png

Young players like Arighi, Yudha, and Ali Bagir shows good performance during the game with Jordan, Derrick Michael, 18 years old, will likely to join the team as well in SEAGAMES in Vietnam in May.

There maybe more players coming from junior team 17-22 years old and played in SEAGAMES

Junior national team

1646281632153.png

Back
Top Bottom