What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

God i hate this kind of lullaby media release . And people then wondered why we haven't made a cruise missille as yet ...
First thing to solve the problem is to recognize and admitting that we do have a problem . Sweeping under the rug won't take us anywhere ...

Somewhat related but if there something that Indonesia can take from the ongoing Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, is that capable EW gear is important especially when you don't have assets to burn.

If somehow after these libya , syria and recent conflict still doesn't change the top brass's paradigm ...

Then i don't know man ... I just don't know . But , the losses lives of our compatriot would be on their hands

Somewhat related but if there something that Indonesia can take from the ongoing Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, is that capable EW gear is important especially when you don't have assets to burn.

israeli IAI Harop

That kind of loitering munition technology is actually within our reach , the only problem would be the infrastructure and system that can provide the operator a real time data transfer for video feedback in the battlefield and the anti radiation stuff (if harop get detected by radar while doing surveillance or "lazed" by fire tracking radar , the Harop have this option to use their anti radiation sensor to goes batshit kamikaze following and tracking the RF emitted by the enemies tracking radar).

the armenian S-300 also become one of the casualties by this type of loitering munition.

Last edited:
israeli IAI Harop

That kind of loitering munition technology is actually within our reach , the only problem would be the infrastructure and system that can provide the operator a real time data transfer for video feedback in the battlefield and the anti radiation stuff (if harop get detected by radar while doing surveillance or "lazed" by fire tracking radar , the Harop have this option to use their anti radiation sensor to goes batshit kamikaze following and tracking the RF emitted by the enemies tracking radar).

the armenian S-300 also become one of the casualties by this type of loitering munition.
I'm more or less talking about our own defense against loitering munitions and drone swarms instead of us possessing those capabilities. Considering how cheap it is to deploy those types of munitions even by non-state actors, doesn't it seem imperative for the TNI to have something such as the KORAL and other larger EW/Counter-UAS devices on top of hand held devices that we currently have?

I'm more or less talking about our own defense against loitering munitions and drone swarms instead of us possessing those capabilities. Considering how cheap it is to deploy those types of munitions even by non-state actors, doesn't it seem imperative for the TNI to have something such as the KORAL and other larger EW/Counter-UAS devices on top of hand held devices that we currently have?
they already pay attention to such threat since the saudi refinery got struck by one of that stuff .
Pertamina Balongan Kini Dilindungi Drone Jammer
Anti Drone Lindungi Kilang Balongan dari Serangan Pesawat Tanpa Awak
how much commitment they put in drone countermeasures is unknown though .

while i believe they only got a civilian grade home defence jammer .....

FB_IMG_1601435569446.jpg

FB_IMG_1601435573636.jpg

FB_IMG_1601435578074.jpg

Delegasi Jepang yang dipimpin oleh Rear Admiral Hoshi Naoya, Naval Ship Design Director Acquisition Technology and Logistic (ATLA) berkunjung ke galangan kapal/shipyard dan industri di Indonesia dari tanggal 22 s.d. 30 September 2020.

Selain dari ATLA, terdapat perwakilan Mitsubishi Heavy Industri (MHI), Nippon Kyokai (NK) dan Atase Pertahanan Jepang. Kunjungan tersebut dalam rangka rencana penjajakan pembangunan Kapal Fregat di Indonesia.

Galangan kapal/ Industri yg dikunjungi adalah PT.PAL di Surabaya, PT. LEN di Bandung, PT. Batamec, PT. Citra Shipyard, PT. Multy Ocean Shipyard di Batam, PT. Daya Radar Utama di Lampung, PT. Terafulk di Surabaya dan PT Tesco di Bekasi.

SLUUURPPPPPPP

View attachment 674736
View attachment 674737
View attachment 674738
Delegasi Jepang yang dipimpin oleh Rear Admiral Hoshi Naoya, Naval Ship Design Director Acquisition Technology and Logistic (ATLA) berkunjung ke galangan kapal/shipyard dan industri di Indonesia dari tanggal 22 s.d. 30 September 2020.

Selain dari ATLA, terdapat perwakilan Mitsubishi Heavy Industri (MHI), Nippon Kyokai (NK) dan Atase Pertahanan Jepang. Kunjungan tersebut dalam rangka rencana penjajakan pembangunan Kapal Fregat di Indonesia.

Galangan kapal/ Industri yg dikunjungi adalah PT.PAL di Surabaya, PT. LEN di Bandung, PT. Batamec, PT. Citra Shipyard, PT. Multy Ocean Shipyard di Batam, PT. Daya Radar Utama di Lampung, PT. Terafulk di Surabaya dan PT Tesco di Bekasi.

SLUUURPPPPPPP
I suspect if Iver got stuck, Naval group or Mitsubishi will take the cake.

View attachment 674736
View attachment 674737
View attachment 674738

SLUUURPPPPPPP

if it's Japan their common architecture is more or less geared toward US equivalent equipment's and gears. And Mitshubishi Heavy Industri products recently is Ashigara of Kongo class and Asahi class

Selama belum resmi teken kontrak iver masih bisa digoyang kapal lain, frigate baru ga bakal dateng2 jadinya.

Maybe japan should offer other kind of ship other than frigate, like submarine etc.

Selama belum resmi teken kontrak iver masih bisa digoyang kapal lain, frigate baru ga bakal dateng2 jadinya.

Maybe japan should offer other kind of ship other than frigate, like submarine etc.

my bet their own LHD

Back
Top Bottom