What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Halo semua! Any PDF Indonesians here that are PC gamers on Steam that would like to be friends? I don't get salty over small things. :angel:

So, your brother plays DOTA 2 on your Steam account?

Well, he is.

Government evacuates 2,632 Indonesian citizens from Yemen
26th Jul 2019 23:16

WhatsApp-Image-2019-07-26-at-15.59.24_1.jpeg

Acting spokesman for the Foreign Ministry Teuku Faizasyah (ANTARA/Aria Cindyara) .

Jakarta (ANTARA) - The Indonesian government has evacuated a total of 2,632 Indonesian citizens from Yemen in response to the protracted conflict in the country, acting spokesman for the Foreign Ministry Teuku Faizasyah said. "Most (of the Indonesian citizens) have returned home or moved (to other countries) to continue their study. So, we are conducting our diplomatic activities from Muscat, Oman," he said here Friday

Indonesia had closed its embassy in Sana'a, Yemen, in 2015 owing to worsening security situation in the country and following a bomb explosion at the embassy which claimed lives and injured civilians including an Indonesian citizen and two diplomatic staff members of the Indonesian embassy.

Although the embassy was closed four years ago, only on July 17, 2019 President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) signed a decree No. 8 of 2019 to formally close the embassy.

Since the embassy was closed, it has been conducting its diplomatic functions from Muscat and the vast majority of Indonesian citizens in Yemen have been evacuated.

"Actually, since 2015, when we evacuated Indonesian citizens from there, we see Yemen is no longer conducive for Indonesian citizens, most of whom are students," he said.

Asked about the Indonesian missions in other conflict-plagued countries such as Syria and Afghanistan, he said the diplomatic activities are still active. However, the moving space of the missions' activities was narrowed down owing to worsening security in Damascus and Kabul.

The security situation in Yemen in the past few years has been uncertain due to a conflict between the Saudi-led military coalition supporting the Yemeni government and Houthi forces.

The conflict has claimed the lives of tens of thousands of people and brought the Yemeni population to the verge of poverty.

Under the presidential decree, the Indonesian embassy in Yemen will be reopened if the security condition in the country is conducive.

Editor: Bambang Purwanto

COPYRIGHT © ANTARA 2019

Well they still send their students here. The legacy left is medical students they send to study in various medical schools in Indonesia.

Yup, you are right, there is Malaysian student studied in University of Indonesia Medical faculty during my older brother studied there.

Halo semua! Any PDF Indonesians here that are PC gamers on Steam that would like to be friends? I don't get salty over small things. :angel:

Nope, I stopped playing PC games since I finish my university degree and it is also an offline one, last time I played any game is two years ago, Battle Field 4 with PS 4.

Every once in a while I have this imagination, of what could we achieve, along with our Serumpun, if we didn't fall into such dirty path.

Well, let the bygone be bygones.
Nobody really knows what decision would be the best for us in the long run, who knows if the existence of the corrupt Orba era was actually the "right" decision, that even with all the horrible thing happened at that time, Indonesia survived and still could function as a cohesive state post-Sukarno and G30S, even though their corrupt elite plunder the country's wealth, nobody would ever thought of letting Indonesia disintegrated, and arguably it's Orba that successfully sown Indonesia Nationalism through education and social programs.

Nobody really knows what decision would be the best for us in the long run, who knows if the existence of the corrupt Orba era was actually the "right" decision, that even with all the horrible thing happened at that time, Indonesia survived and still could function as a cohesive state post-Sukarno and G30S, even though their corrupt elite plunder the country's wealth, nobody would ever thought of letting Indonesia disintegrated, and arguably it's Orba that successfully sown Indonesia Nationalism through education and social programs.

Wise words. Maybe its the path we destine to cross, with all those trouble times up until now we are still here as one. On the defense point of view I know the current state of TNI is not ideal, still plenty of rooms to improve. But when I looked back to TNI condition like how the military branch go their own way, awfull alutista acquisition system, etc on 80s, 90s, then compare it to today we have made great improvement. :D

https://www.aspistrategist.org.au/australia-and-indonesia-an-enduring-partnership/

Australia and Indonesia an enduring partnership

" Australia and Indonesia have an open and honest relationship. We have worked hard to know each better and build trust. We are friends in the truest sense, and we have much to gain from deepening our bilateral relationship. "
Author :
Senator Linda Reynolds
Minister of Defence Affairs
Commonwealth of Australia

We Should move to build indigenous ground attack missile like Maverick before moving toward more complicated Air to Air missile, and should be more universal launched so they can be fired from our patrol aircraft like CN235, Attack Aircraft like Super Tucano, Hawk, GE, helicopter like Apache or Caracal. By then we should optimized the forces toward ground support units

We Should move to build indigenous ground attack missile like Maverick before moving toward more complicated Air to Air missile, and should be more universal launched so they can be fired from our patrol aircraft like CN235, Attack Aircraft like Super Tucano, Hawk, GE, helicopter like Apache or Caracal. By then we should optimized the forces toward ground support units
seems our cooperation with brazil is getting good (yesterday i heard KASAD meet with their army chief commander) , should really invest some development and TOT on their AV-TM 300 missile

Back
Top Bottom