What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

US ready to provide military equipment to Indonesia
Jumat, 23 Januari 2015 17:03 WIB | 657 Views
20140403jas-39e-gripen.jpg

JAS 39E Gripen in its flight. Gripen is one of several options Indonesia need to replace F-5E/F Tiger II besides Sukhoi Su-35 Flanker, Saab JAS-39 Gripen, Eurofighter Typhoon, and F-16 Fighting Falcon Block 60. (wikipedia.org)
Jakarta (ANTARA News) - The United States has expressed willingness to fulfill Indonesias military equipment needs following the latter's plan to replace its old F-5E/F Tiger II jet fighters.

"I am not familiar with the details of the F-5 replacement plan, but we are always ready and eager to discuss our future opportunity with our Indonesian counterparts," US Assistant Secretary of Defense for Asian and Pacific Security Affairs David B Shear said here on Friday.

According to Shear, Indonesia and the US share comprehensive defense cooperation, including military exercises, sales, trade, and high-level defense meetings.

The developing military relationship between Indonesia and the US has been based on the common values and interests of both countries, which were established long time ago, Shear added.

According to Shear, the US has no plans to impose an embargo on spare parts to the Indonesian Military.

"It's hard for me to imagine the US placing such an embargo that will affect Indonesia, which is a strong partner," the Assistant Secretary remarked.

He noted the US government will do everything to ensure reliable support, commitment, and parts of military equipment for Indonesia.

"We have important agreements on F-16 jet fighters and Apache helicopters," Shear added.

The Indonesian government has been planning to replace its old F-5E/F Tiger II jet fighters with other options such as Sukhoi Su-35 Flanker, Saab JAS-39 Gripen, Eurofighter Typhoon, and F-16 Fighting Falcon Block 60.

Meanwhile, Indonesia has received 5 of the 24 F-16 Fighting Falcons granted by the US in 2014. The Indonesian Military has also decided to buy Apache combat helicopters from the US.

Eight AH-64D Apache Longbow helicopters are expected to gradually enhance the Indonesian defense from 2018 to 2021.

US ready to provide military equipment to Indonesia - ANTARA News

Weather SU-35 or F-16 I hope you order them in large numbers

Dont worry mate, we know our responsibility as a large nation, but we are not in a rush. We need to make our economy go into the next level, more advanced one, and in order to achieve that we need more fund to improve our infrastructure and also companies that produces advanced product like our state owned companies in military and industrial sector. There is a good news though, more money have already been promised to be injected into our state owned companies as we have emptied oil subsidy and has around 250 Trillion Rupiahs surplus in our yearly budged. It is important in order to have huge military spending in a more sustainable mode.

I hope our government inject more money into our state owned defense companies, from there, just like happened in Japan/Germany/USA during WW11 there will be technology advancement that can also be used for non-military market and thus we hope they can become world class companies inshaALLAH, serving both military and non-military market in huge amount of money and help our currency become strong by eliminating high technology product import.

Talking about huge energy project that we are going to do, I hope our PT Dirgantara subsidiary that produces turbine can get enough project, so it means more money for their R&D department that in return can raise more ambition by starting to develop turbojet engine for aircraft.

Last edited:
Dont worry mate, we know our responsibility as a large nation, but we are not in a rush. We need to make our economy go into the next level, more advanced one, and in order to achieve that we need more fund to improve our infrastructure and also companies that produces advanced product like our state owned companies in military and industrial sector. There is a good news though, more money have already been promised to be injected into our state owned companies as we have emptied oil subsidy and has around 250 Trillion Rupiahs surplus in our yearly budged. It is important in order to have huge military spending in a more sustainable mode.

We're one of the world's biggest economy, but our military are still backward compared other big nations. But i optimistic about it

image.jpg

No PR19/2015-ISPR Dated: January 20, 2015
Rawalpindi - January 20, 2015: High level Indonesian Military delegation headed by Lieutenant General Lodewijk friedrich Paulus, Commander Army Doctrine and Training Command, who is on an official visit to Pakistan visited General Headquarters today, called on Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif. During the meeting matters of professional interest and measures to further expand training cooperation between armies of two countries came under discussion.
The delegation is scheduled to visit various Army training institutions including training facilities during their five days .

Scorpions will be replaced by Leopard 2's in 2015, and will be transferred in outside Java island, such as Sumatra, Sulawesi, and Borneo

View attachment 186185

Great picture, i'll add more from Kaskus, which is your own post :enjoy:

View attachment 186186 View attachment 186187 View attachment 186188 View attachment 186189 View attachment 186190 View attachment 186191

Bonus weekend

View attachment 186194

I've noted one thing about kaskus .. they don't know anything abt Pak army ... Labelling regular infantry soldiers as special forces .. Even cops and so on ... sadly in Dnt know Indonesian otherwise I might have registered there lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 21
View attachment 186338

No PR19/2015-ISPR Dated: January 20, 2015
Rawalpindi - January 20, 2015: High level Indonesian Military delegation headed by Lieutenant General Lodewijk friedrich Paulus, Commander Army Doctrine and Training Command, who is on an official visit to Pakistan visited General Headquarters today, called on Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif. During the meeting matters of professional interest and measures to further expand training cooperation between armies of two countries came under discussion.
The delegation is scheduled to visit various Army training institutions including training facilities during their five days .

I've noted one thing about kaskus .. they don't know anything abt Pak army ... Labelling regular infantry soldiers as special forces .. Even cops and so on ... sadly in Dnt know Indonesian otherwise I might have registered there lol.

you should and you can use English there

Attachments

• SAM_1737.JPG
    SAM_1737.JPG
    367 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Would rather take the F-35 instead of F-16 block 60. Only $30m difference $150m vs $120m if im not wrong

Probably we are not permitted to buy.

not really, they will glad to sell them to us, but once more, if we are taking F-35 right now with the allocation budget around 1,5 billion we will end up with just 4 to six planes they need sophisticated ILS and extensive ground support compared to F-16.

Back
Top Bottom