What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Do you think new administration will commit to agreement between Esper-Prabowo (mempererat kerja sama, F16v, F15/F18, Osprey, ext) ??

This and that, Biden himself had met Jokowi before several Times and come to visit Indonesia before and had positive atmosphere about the visit.

Compared him, in which part of Obama inner cycle who we already quite closer, the Clintonite is far more worse option.

Last edited:
It's possible that they'll view it as legacy of the most controversial president in American History and want to get rid of it (might be not fully but still...)

One thing I'm pretty sure is no more talk about military sales with them until New Administration take office.

It is just a normative/standard agreement, nothing big to even considered it as a 'legacy'

IMO, it's only a 'legacy' and worth to get rid for if Prabowo-Esper achieved an agreement for something big e.g. US agree to sold F-35 to Indonesia, Indo agree to accommodate US request to land their P8 here, etc

What I like to see from Joe Biden is if UEA will still get F35 and Israel still get their F22 :D

I actually wonder why no one has looked into the SC-130J Sea Hercules
We used to have this one
And now at sibayak
222 Remington
Usuallty european made semi aito rifle to sell fortheir own citizen.
Sultan Baabullah
Baru tau tokoh ini bru jd pahlaqan nasional pdhl slama ini dh sering dbhas d buku2. Nambaj lagi pahlawan dri polri stlah sadsuitubun dan jassin yg mana sama2 brimob

Modernization of Frigates
Onr of TOM class ship likely get upgrade or lke that from havelsan
Well in kind of large war involving Indonesia, they can be mobilized to produce arms, surely under heavy supervision from the state!!
Maybe they can make sten or grease style smg also they make precision sport air rifle they maybe can make simple bolt action rifle.

I do agree at some point about being dictator kinda thing as Menhan. Ada pihak2 yg berkpentingan bsa bkin pengdaan itu kadang kacaw/rumiet. Tp kalau totally ignoring AU for their need is also silly move, specially if we talk about logistics/capability/human resource/etc. We might end up getting stuff that we can not maintain or even afford to maintain, pushing certain things to become reality but ended up getting so few it doesnt even add a thing in our def posture strength beside gengsi. But as for now he hasnt sign any contract yet, soletsl giving him the benefit of a doubt.

I personally dah pasrah with the type of fighter we going to get as long as it has AESA installed in it for TNI AU technological leap.

I assume the only reason he was pushing for the F-35 is just a political tool he can use for yet another presidential run that he is going to lose.
Do you think new administration will commit to agreement between Esper-Prabowo (mempererat kerja sama, F16v, F15/F18, Osprey, ext) ??
That depends whether Biden will keep his word about being 'tough on China' in spite of his son's antics. Supporting India and Indonesia against Chinese expansionism unfortunately for him is a bipartisan issue.

I assume the only reason he was pushing for the F-35 is just a political tool he can use for yet another presidential run that he is going to lose.

That depends whether Biden will keep his word about being 'tough on China' in spite of his son's antics. Supporting India and Indonesia against Chinese expansionism unfortunately for him is a bipartisan issue.
I don't understand why he seems reluctant to get F15 / F18 when they are literally the next best thing, and have double engines too (he like them right) ??
Well, antara reluctant atau emang sebenernya offer itu gak ada sih... (just a "bird news")
I do agree at some point about being dictator kinda thing as Menhan. Ada pihak2 yg berkpentingan bsa bkin pengdaan itu kadang kacaw/rumiet. Tp kalau totally ignoring AU for their need is also silly move, specially if we talk about logistics/capability/human resource/etc. We might end up getting stuff that we can not maintain or even afford to maintain, pushing certain things to become reality but ended up getting so few it doesnt even add a thing in our def posture strength beside gengsi. But as for now he hasnt sign any contract yet, soletsl giving him the benefit of a doubt.

I personally dah pasrah with the type of fighter we going to get as long as it has AESA installed in it for TNI AU technological leap.
That Scytalis contract was from his era, wasn't it?
And maung?
Possibly Harimau too...

Last edited:

Contract effective for Zoka decoy, Bell 412, EC 725, Maung, 4 Billion munition, Harimau medium tank and Cobra 8X8 is under his term

Who was having the Pindad's time line on their MKB ammo depelovement plan ?? I kind of forget wether their plan were still on track or got stilled again waiting for their new malang propelant plant to be completed so their plan could be commenced .... Again .

Jeez , to think a nation of 240 million people and yet we still couldn't properly make ourselves of much needed midle caliber rounds ... Sigh

Gotta fly ‘em all: Indonesia offered F-16 Viper instead of F-35

The Indonesian Defense Minister Prabowo Subianto expressed interest to acquire a number of F-35As for the country’s air force. But his U.S. counterpart Mark Esper turned down the prospect and made a counteroffer by proposing a number of F-16 “Viper” fighters, the last version of Lockheed-Martin’s best-seller, instead.

Indonesia's ambitious fighter fleet modernization
The acquisition of the F-35A was part of the (sometimes nebulous) plan of the Indonesian Air Force to renew its fighter fleet. Currently, the force flies a mix of around 50 F-16 A/Bs and C/Ds, along with about 10 Russian Su-27SKM and Su-30 fighters.

In 2018, Indonesia contemplated buying 11 Su-35 Flanker E fighters from Russia for about $1.14 billion. But due to financing problems, supposed to be based partly on the export of raw materials, the order seems to have stalled.

Additionally, the acquisition of Russian fighter jets could have muddied the relationship with the United States, an important trade partner for Indonesia. The island country could have exposed itself to sanctions, based on the Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA). Thus, the Lockheed Martin F-35A was seen as an alternative if the Russian order fell through.

But in July 2020, Indonesia’s fighter shopping list broke the news again when it appeared that Subianto had sent a letter to Austrian Defense Minister Klaudia Tanner to express his interest in acquiring 15 Eurofighter Typhoons that the Bundesheer was on the lookout to retire. In September 2020, Tanner said she was ready to move forward with the negotiations. The proposal is reportedly still being discussed.

The Indonesia Air Force will apparently not be able to add the F-35A to its collection in the near future. On November 2, 2020, the Indonesian Ambassador to the United States, Muhammad Lutfi, explained that Washington turned down the idea as it would take nine years to fulfill a possible order. Instead, the Southeast Asian country could acquire the F-16 in its latest variant called Viper. Alternatively, the F/A-18 Super Hornet could also be considered.

The news comes days after Indonesia refused to service the P-8 Poseidon maritime patrol aircraft of the United States Navy patrolling the South China Sea area. The archipelago nation adopted a neutral stance in the contest of influence currently playing between China and the United States in Southern Asia. However, the aggressive attempts to modernize its fighter fleet could show underlying concerns. Indonesia possesses a few territories called the Natuna islands bordering the South China Sea that Beijing considers part of its national territory.

F18 dapet info dari mana dia?

Who was having the Pindad's time line on their MKB ammo depelovement plan ?? I kind of forget wether their plan were still on track or got stilled again waiting for their new malang propelant plant to be completed so their plan could be commenced .... Again .

Jeez , to think a nation of 240 million people and yet we still couldn't properly make ourselves of much needed midle caliber rounds ... Sigh
*nation of 260 million
These one?
View attachment 664088
Roadmap of PT.Pindad Products

Gotta fly ‘em all: Indonesia offered F-16 Viper instead of F-35

The Indonesian Defense Minister Prabowo Subianto expressed interest to acquire a number of F-35As for the country’s air force. But his U.S. counterpart Mark Esper turned down the prospect and made a counteroffer by proposing a number of F-16 “Viper” fighters, the last version of Lockheed-Martin’s best-seller, instead.

Indonesia's ambitious fighter fleet modernization
The acquisition of the F-35A was part of the (sometimes nebulous) plan of the Indonesian Air Force to renew its fighter fleet. Currently, the force flies a mix of around 50 F-16 A/Bs and C/Ds, along with about 10 Russian Su-27SKM and Su-30 fighters.

In 2018, Indonesia contemplated buying 11 Su-35 Flanker E fighters from Russia for about $1.14 billion. But due to financing problems, supposed to be based partly on the export of raw materials, the order seems to have stalled.

Additionally, the acquisition of Russian fighter jets could have muddied the relationship with the United States, an important trade partner for Indonesia. The island country could have exposed itself to sanctions, based on the Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act (CAATSA). Thus, the Lockheed Martin F-35A was seen as an alternative if the Russian order fell through.

But in July 2020, Indonesia’s fighter shopping list broke the news again when it appeared that Subianto had sent a letter to Austrian Defense Minister Klaudia Tanner to express his interest in acquiring 15 Eurofighter Typhoons that the Bundesheer was on the lookout to retire. In September 2020, Tanner said she was ready to move forward with the negotiations. The proposal is reportedly still being discussed.

The Indonesia Air Force will apparently not be able to add the F-35A to its collection in the near future. On November 2, 2020, the Indonesian Ambassador to the United States, Muhammad Lutfi, explained that Washington turned down the idea as it would take nine years to fulfill a possible order. Instead, the Southeast Asian country could acquire the F-16 in its latest variant called Viper. Alternatively, the F/A-18 Super Hornet could also be considered.

The news comes days after Indonesia refused to service the P-8 Poseidon maritime patrol aircraft of the United States Navy patrolling the South China Sea area. The archipelago nation adopted a neutral stance in the contest of influence currently playing between China and the United States in Southern Asia. However, the aggressive attempts to modernize its fighter fleet could show underlying concerns. Indonesia possesses a few territories called the Natuna islands bordering the South China Sea that Beijing considers part of its national territory.

F18 dapet info dari mana dia?

*nation of 260 million
These one?
Speculation from the reporter part because the only alternative of Viper from the same class is SHornet. (F15 is a heavy fighter)

If what mentioned was indeed true that
"Pihak Kemhan dan TNI AU sepakat datangkan Su 35" then I honestly didn't see where the notion that the Air Force never wanted the Flankers came from.

This is generally speaking, of course, and not specifically related to how Prabowo insisted on the F-35 as the fighter that most forum members dream of, rather than listening to what the Air Force and Mindef actually agreed to buy which is the Su 35.

*nation of 260 million
These one?

Hushh.... Don't sweat on small detail there bruh .... 😂😂 .
And yes , thank you very much ... Btw , got any higher resolution there ?? You have to forgive me because somehow my eyes only get clearer when it see giselle vid's only ...

:drag:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom