What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Seem
We need more new fighter squadrons, and the Air Forces decided to go along with the more advanced design if they want to replace F-5 with something new aircraft, and that's will be a new 4.5 gen fighter. And what we want's is something more in the league of Typhoon tranche 3, Rafale B, Su-35, F-16 block 60/62, Grippen NG, F/A18 E/F super Hornet or F-15 Slammer. The Air Force allocated around 1,4 billion US dollar to procurement process alone.

F-16 is very reliable and hardy worker, the Air Forces like them too much even more than the Flanker.

Seems to me your government is going western, you have enough assets to guard your airspace atm why not wait for KFX or the F-35, possibly even upgrade your T50's?

Seem

Seems to me your government is going western, you have enough assets to guard your airspace atm why not wait for KFX or the F-35, possibly even upgrade your T50's?

not enough, as far as i know, our Air Forces want to keeps at least 10 to 15 squadrons of fighter to defend our already stretched defense line. And today we have only 1 squadron of Super Tucano, 2 squadrons of Hawk 100/200, 2 squadrons of F-16, one Squadron of Su-30, one Squadron of F-5 that's all to defend more than six million kilometer squares of Air Space is very hard and press working to do. We need more than four to nine squadrons, and to achieve that we need to revive at least two more fighter squadrons and four bomber squadrons (in which will be revive as Fighter or fighter bomber squadrons in future) who has been left inactive since the end of 60's era back in Soekarno era.

KFX/IFX itself is a long term programme, we cannot depend too much from this project. Surely we need to had contingency plan. And for the T-50 that's a trainer aircraft, and we using it as LIFT and acrobatic display

Guys im trying to make summary of the Navy Fast Missile Boat (KCR-40/60) program.
If im not mistaken so far we have 11 KCR-40 and 3 KCR-60 delivered to the Navy.
3 local Shipyard participate in the production (PT. PAL, PT. Palindo, PT. Citra Shipyard)
Pls correct me if im wrong.

9f6446296399f5f19fa051cd3c05f784.jpg

c2ef11d5020c4b6c10aaa71d98b0bb17.jpg

9eb4eef824be3a6910b71ed3eeaa2dbe.jpg

3270acf36408447e00fb7cfaba7f09f7.jpg

not enough, as far as i know, our Air Forces want to keeps at least 10 to 15 squadrons of fighter to defend our already stretched defense line. And today we have only 1 squadron of Super Tucano, 2 squadrons of Hawk 100/200, 2 squadrons of F-16, one Squadron of Su-30, one Squadron of F-5 that's all to defend more than six million kilometer squares of Air Space is very hard and press working to do. We need more than four to nine squadrons, and to achieve that we need to revive at least two more fighter squadrons and four bomber squadrons (in which will be revive as Fighter or fighter bomber squadrons in future) who has been left inactive since the end of 60's era back in Soekarno era.

KFX/IFX itself is a long term programme, we cannot depend too much from this project. Surely we need to had contingency plan. And for the T-50 that's a trainer aircraft, and we using it as LIFT and acrobatic display

you can upgrade your T50's to T-50A or FA-50

Nope, we need T50 as trainer to replace the aging Hawk mk.53.
T50 was never meant to be a true fighter aircraft and beside that we have the budget to get real fighter like Su-35 BM, Eurofighter Typhoon, Gripen, etc to replace the F-5E. The problem is we are still considering the right one with the best offer. In our today's standard, the best offer must include transfer of technology for our aerospace industry (PTDI) to benefit in terms of technology and offset production. So far Eurofighter Typhoon and Gripen are taking the front row with TOT offers.

That is not the option....as jakartans said the T/A-50 are for the advance trainer squadron

Just curious, why you suggesting the Indonesian utilise their current T/A-50 which is operational on advance trainer squadron for other squadron with different mission?

The F-5 Tiger II squadron is a dedicated interceptor and air superiority squadron, in which its mission would be poorly perform by T/A-50, and re-assigned the advance trainer plane for other squadron will definitely affect the plane readiness and it will reflect poor air force management

So I think the MoD done the right thing by issuing the plan for buying another fighter squadron

Beside buying a half squadron of SU30 flanker, 2 squadron of F16, a squadron of T/A50 and a squadron of Super Tucano in the last 2-3 years are not enough for guarding Indonesia fast territory

That is not the option....as jakartans said the T/A-50 are for the advance trainer squadron

Just curious, why you suggesting the Indonesian utilise their current T/A-50 which is operational on advance trainer squadron for other squadron with different mission?

The F-5 Tiger II squadron is a dedicated interceptor and air superiority squadron, in which its mission would be poorly perform by T/A-50, and re-assigned the advance trainer plane for other squadron will definitely affect the plane readiness and it will reflect poor air force management

So I think the MoD done the right thing by issuing the plan for buying another fighter squadron

Beside buying a half squadron of SU30 flanker, 2 squadron of F16, a squadron of T/A50 and a squadron of Super Tucano in the last 2-3 years are not enough for guarding Indonesia fast territory

Precisely, as my last comment stated we need at least ten more squadron fighter, in which maybe half of them will be provided by KFX/IFX projects, and now we need at least five or more squadrons

T-50 is training aircraft, LIFT and acrobatic aircraft. And if we need aircraft, we will bought the FA-50 versions instead upgrading the ones we had.

Guys im trying to make summary of the Navy Fast Missile Boat (KCR-40/60) program.
If im not mistaken so far we have 11 KCR-40 and 3 KCR-60 delivered to the Navy.
3 local Shipyard participate in the production (PT. PAL, PT. Palindo, PT. Citra Shipyard)
Pls correct me if im wrong.

View attachment 91778
View attachment 91779
View attachment 91780

View attachment 91781

just an advice, Surik, Siwar and Parang is made by PT Palindo shipyard, only Terapang has been made by PT Citra. PT Palindo and Citra got order for another three Coastal Patrol boat, KAL 849, KAL 850 and KAL 851.

KAL.jpg

KRI Teluk Bintuni 520

19ceaf3ac5927336615b72a42e1ef267.jpg

the crane itself is made by PT Pindad persero

Last edited:
Precisely, as my last comment stated we need at least ten more squadron fighter, in which maybe half of them will be provided by KFX/IFX projects, and now we need at least five or more squadrons

T-50 is training aircraft, LIFT and acrobatic aircraft. And if we need aircraft, we will bought the FA-50 versions instead upgrading the ones we had.

I actually like your idea of 15 fighter squadrons, its the same number that I constantly play in my mind

And that are for both the Air Force and Air Defense Command

And also good to hear that Boeing is kickin in to the competition with their latest product, I think the MoD had done a quite impressive job in modernizing and bring the armed forces into 21th century

But I also interested with ayan81 motives suggesting for using the current T/A50 force than buying another new squadron, it's not like the Indonesian Govt has lack of fund, so I think buying a couple of new squadrons wouldn't be a problem

I actually like your idea of 15 fighter squadrons, its the same number that I constantly play in my mind

And that are for both the Air Force and Air Defense Command

And also good to hear that Boeing is kickin in to the competition with their latest product, I think the MoD had done a quite impressive job in modernizing and bring the armed forces into 21th century

But I also interested with ayan81 motives suggesting for using the current T/A50 force than buying another new squadron, it's not like the Indonesian Govt has lack of fund, so I think buying a couple of new squadrons wouldn't be a problem

It's not my idea, but the higher ups in Air Force has trying to restructuring their forces in line with a new kind of threat. We are trying to oriented our defensive goal to cope with external threat and to achieve that goal the Air Force want's to bring and formulating the combat structure once we had in the Golden Decade of TNI AU back in 1960's era and evaluating them so we can faces the challenges ahead of us. You can find the clue in some news and TNI AU websites and how they had romanticizing the golden decade and wants to achieve the feat once again.

The defense minister said we are not interested in getting more Su30s, why is that? costly maintenance?
And exactly how many F16 block 32+ we will get? I understand 24 is the official number, but there's an old news article stating the US will give us 10 or 12 more if we're interested.

Hi guitar01
Could you elaborate more about the news...thx

The defense minister said we are not interested in getting more Su30s, why is that? costly maintenance?
And exactly how many F16 block 32+ we will get? I understand 24 is the official number, but there's an old news article stating the US will give us 10 or 12 more if we're interested.

I never stated that fa50 can do your air superiority role and it never will be, upgrading your current t50's can offer you light attack and point air defense, It also can substitute some missions of the high end fighters in a much less cost, together with your f16's i can be part of high low mix, because there are some jobs it can't do.

It's just a great force multiplier.

I never stated that fa50 can do your air superiority role and it never will be, upgrading your current t50's can offer you light attack and point air defense, It also can substitute some missions of the high end fighters in a much less cost, together with your f16's i can be part of high low mix, because there are some jobs it can't do.

It's just a great force multiplier.

we need dedicated training aircraft and LIFT aircraft and we lack of them, even though we had 8 Hawk Mk53 and 16 T-50.

Back
Top Bottom