What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Police arrest 110 terror suspects after surabaya bombings
Jumat, 15 Juni 2018 19:10 WIB - 1 Views

Reporter: Desca Lidya Natalia

pengamanan-pelabuhan--01.jpg

Police officer patrols at Tanjung Perak port in Surabaya, East Java, on Saturday (9/6) to assure security of Eid travellers (ANTARA FOTO/Didik Suhartono)

Bogor, W Java, (ANTARA News) - A total of 110 terror suspects have, so far, been arrested following the recent bombings in Surabaya, the Police stated here on Friday.

"Five were arrested in East Java, with a gun being confiscated. Arrests were also made in Central Java. They are all linked to (the bombing incidents in) Surabaya. Thus, until today, 104 in addition to six others, or 110 people, were arrested," Indonesian Police Chief General Tito Karnavian noted after exchanging Eid greetings with President Joko Widodo here on Friday.

The Police`s anti-terror squad Densus 88 arrested six terror suspects in Blitar and Tlungagung, East Java, on Wednesday and Thursday.

"All the 110 suspects are linked. I would not as yet disclose anything about it. We will do it later," Karnavian remarked.

He said five of the six people arrested in East Java were believed to have attacked a police precinct in Talun and a bank in Blitar.

"We continue to work while the people are enjoying a holiday. It is also the peak of our security operations. Ensuring security is our religious service, he emphasized.

Karnavian stated that the police had found notes during a search conducted at three locations and several items, including a gun, with eight bullets, and books on " jihad," or the holy war, and radicalism were retrieved as evidence.

The police had earlier arrested Syamsul Arifin from Jatinom Village, Blitar. Arifin is the East Java chief of Jamaah Ansharut Daulah.

Arifin, also known as Abu Umar, alias AU, was arrested in early May 2018 in connection with the bombings in Surabaya.

A series of suicide bombings committed by three families in Surabaya and Sidoarjo killed 13 perpetrators and 14 civilians as well as injured 42 others on May 13-14.

Editor: Yosep Hariyadi

COPYRIGHT © ANTARA 2018

I can not see the VLS in KRI OWA, or is it removed alrwady?
sadly maybe......I wonder why every weapons that give Indonesia an edge over the enemy in the battlefield never materialized (yakhont, klewang etc)

sadly maybe......I wonder why every weapons that give Indonesia an edge over the enemy in the battlefield never materialized (yakhont, klewang etc)

Saying Yakhont or Klewang class has any edge against modern system is synonym of saying someone armed with 9mm pistol has more tactical advantage against someone whose armed with 5.56mm rifle.

Indonesia needs to learn from the basics, the black tiger prototype so far is on track to fulfil all requested capabilities. Later we can use Black Tiger MK 2 to further upgrade it.

We don't want development costs and time to balloon into a horrible monstrosity like the Arjun tank

Damn he is soo lucky, mudah2an jangan lagi ada yg lepas rompi ma helm pada saat bertugas didaerah panas

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom