What's new

‘Indo-Pak trade can touch $50 billion'

Most of the Indian business is in Hindu baniyas hands and we have seen on numerous occasions how much Pakistanis love Hindu baniyas. So question is - are you guys going to let go of your complex all of a sudden and start doing business with us?

dont bring religion in to this. when billions are involved caste doesnt matter broo

Pakistan policy makers are taking bold steps ..thats very appreciable .
Before chinese items flooding our market our major companies had monopoly in many areas and they levied heavy price on their goods and as a result poor man was out of equation ..
Mobile phones are quite an example ..
It may affect rich pakistani enterpreneurs for short time ..but helps poor

Both India and Pakistan produces things that Chinese can never produce so yes trade is possible but $50 billion is too much to ask for..

no need for trade relations unless and untill they stop export of terrorism,they do not need us and we do not need them.

bharti cowboy why dont u put an end to state sponsored terrorism in occupied jammu and kashmir and hand it over to Pakistan peacefully?

bharti cowboy why dont u put an end to state sponsored terrorism in occupied jammu and kashmir and hand it over to Pakistan peacefully?

anything else u want?
talking abt terrorism ehh. 2001 parliament attacks, 1999 plane hijack, 2008 mumbai, kargil, giving residence to dawood abrahim and maulana masood, osama bin laden etc etc etc. plzzz indian organisations work under complete supervision of goi. we saw in kargil how ur army crossed border withour permission of pak govt. seriously u guys dont deserve to talk abt trade.

Despite some residual opposition, Zardari and Gilani have delivered on normalising commercial relations with India. Their boldness vindicates Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s policy of engaging Islamabad despite the lack of progress in bringing the plotters of the November 2008 terror attack on Mumbai to justice. Dr Singh’s decision in the summer of 2009 to break the political linkage between the resolution of the Mumbai case and renewed dialogue with Pakistan drew much flak in India. Pakistan’s civilian leaders had little to do with the Mumbai attack; nor were they in a position to confront the forces that had organised it. It would have been utterly unwise for India to turn its back on Zardari who came to power in 2008 promising to open a new chapter in relations with India. [...]

Annual bilateral trade is expected to grow rapidly from the current pitiful figure of US$ 2.7 billion. According to business chambers in the two countries, trade volumes could reach US$ 10 billion by 2015, as the current indirect trade flows through the official channels. That is just the beginning. As part of the current trade liberalisation, the two sides are close to easing the current restrictive visa regime, which was established way back in 1974. Other agreements are on the anvil for letting their banks open branches across the border, permitting mutual investments, connecting electric grids, and promoting overland petroleum trade.[...]

[But] Delhi will have to do a lot more to nurture and deepen the emerging economic engagement with Pakistan. For one, it must be politically sensitive to the current imbalance in bilateral trade which is likely to further widen in India’s favour as Pakistan opens up. India’s current exports to Pakistan are nearly eight times the value of imports. Just as Delhi complains about the unequal trade with Beijing, trade deficit is bound to emerge as a political issue in Pakistan in the not-too-distant future.India must consciously facilitate more imports from Pakistan. Demonstrating that trade with India can be both free and fair is a major strategic imperative for India.

Don't think we should be having any relationship with bharat until they stop supporting terrorist groups such as BLA and TTP.

well,i frankly see a lot of growth,here is my little analysis why,this MFN thing would be beneficial for both
1)india can help pakistan in energy sector,especially india can export gas turbines manufactured by TATA,BHEL to pakistan for energy purposes,it can also export boilers to pakistan,hopefully if the relations are normalized,we might see,indian FBR running in pakistan
2)pakistani automobile industry is in pretty bad shape with no innovative tech coming into market,thats,where giants like TATA can fit in,they can have JVs with local manufacturers,since TATA happens to be 3rd largest manufacturer of trucks,it can provide pakistan with really robust trucks at reasonable rates
3)pakistan also lacks HEAVILY in train locomotives,this is the area,which requires,direct support,because it runs the economy of pakistan,there is a great possibility of cooperation between india and pakistan,as india can supply pakistan with 3200-6500hp engines,especially the WAP-5,7,9 CLASS

Don't think we should be having any relationship with bharat until they stop supporting terrorist groups such as BLA and TTP.
sir,lets,leave politics for a second,i mean,we too have issues with china but our trade volume with china is about $60bn,so i think,india and pak too can have good trade relations..
peace..:-)

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

sir,lets,leave politics for a second,i mean,we too have issues with china but our trade volume with china is about $60bn,so i think,india and pak too can have good trade relations..

bhai hame maaf karo hamse galti hoo gaii, socha tha trade karke pakistan mein kuch joba create hoongi, development hoogi. very sorry on behalf of govt of india. aap log sirf destruction ki baat karo. india is trying to sign fta with every major trading nation. pakistan is very important on indian trade map. but sorry we forgot that pakistan doesnt believe in peacefull development. the only trade that happens is defence.

So, Essentially India cannot contribute much into general consumer goods? we are no cheap manufacturing hub and what we see with Chinese goods flooding markets world over cannot be replicated by Us. IMO, there is nothing much to offer to general consumer in Pakistan except may be for some Indian made automobile spare parts(Indo-German,Indo-Jap who may be already selling in Pakistan) will enter Your market Officially. that's it.

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

yes that bcoz we understand the importance of trade. they dont they only understand kashmir and terrorism. not even a single pakistani has agreed that trade is way to development and jobs boom. :hitwall::hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom