What's new

India's strategic cooperation with Southeast Asia

Tshering22

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Friends, I have been thinking that since we've been discussing our ties with Vietnam, why don't we request the mods to make a sticky thread regarding relationship between India and Southeast Asia. Historically, we have had the maximum influence in the region through the spread of Buddhism and ancient trade ties that our traders had with their southeastern counterparts.

Today, we are emerging in every field slowly and therefore we must remember to take our patrons and friends along with us while growing. Those who have been our friends for centuries, it becomes all the more important to consider a sticky thread that can encompass all the ties with Southeast Asian countries.

Are you fine with this?

I think you are trying to cultivate something that is not there. Buddhism came as a religion and we made it our own to fit our own culture(besides you guys aren't Buddhists anymore).

Ask any southeast asian whether Buddhism or Confucianism had a bigger influence and you'll get your answer. (there's a reason why the imperial palace in Hui Vietnam was modeled after the Forbidden City in Beijing)

Last edited:
^^^
Do u ever heard about CHOLA KINGDOM of ancient india ???

Last edited:
Sure, it's something that Indian members bring up when they are in the mood for delusional feelings of grandeur

Past is the identity of a man & this also hold good for a nation also.

In world politics it has a great influence, I think example not require.

Instead of makin it sticky why dont u indians go to you own brat rakshit forum or crappy indian forums?

And as far as i know vietnam always was under chinese influence rather then some indian traders lOl

Search about Yellow sea and yellow chinese as the vietnamese were and are called.

Last edited:
Why? This is a Pakistani defense forum not in indian one. As Pakistani nationalist said, you guys can talk about this in an indian forum all you want we could care less about it.

Friends, I have been thinking that since we've been discussing our ties with Vietnam, why don't we request the mods to make a sticky thread regarding relationship between India and Southeast Asia. Historically, we have had the maximum influence in the region through the spread of Buddhism and ancient trade ties that our traders had with their southeastern counterparts.

Today, we are emerging in every field slowly and therefore we must remember to take our patrons and friends along with us while growing. Those who have been our friends for centuries, it becomes all the more important to consider a sticky thread that can encompass all the ties with Southeast Asian countries.

Are you fine with this?

Sounds like a good idea. Perhaps we can make a 'India's look East policy' sticky.

Why? This is a Pakistani defense forum not in indian one. As Pakistani nationalist said, you guys can talk about this in an indian forum all you want we could care less about it.

Yeah, but it has an Indian sub section for a reason that should be enough for you to not care.

Well I am not saying about the kingdom, I just try to say about the influence.

Kingdom may be lost but cultural, etc influence last for many century.

Yeah, but it has an Indian sub section for a reason that should be enough for you to not care.

Yeah its an indian defense section, which means its for defense related stuff. So unless its indian defense ties with southeast Asia, then why should this given importance? Like I said, even though theres way too many indians on here this is still a Pakistan forum which deals with things that have to do with Pakistan. Who cares about your ties to southeast Asia?

Yeah its an indian defense section, which means its for defense related stuff. So unless its indian defense ties with southeast Asia, then why should this given importance? Like I said, even though theres way too many indians on here this is still a Pakistan forum which deals with things that have to do with Pakistan. Who cares about your ties to southeast Asia?

You care..or otherwise why would you even read this thread and even comment on it..:smokin:

You care..or otherwise why would you even read this thread and even comment on it..:smokin:

Nope I only commented because I thought it wasn't a good suggestion. If I really did care then I would have said something about indias ties to southeast Asia :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom