What's new

India's Military & the Shortfall in Officers & Personnel I How worried should we be I Barkha Dutt

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Over 1.55 lakh posts are vacant in the three armed forces, i.e., Army, Navy and Air Force. 1.36 Lakh vacancies are in Indian Army alone, Govt informed the Parliament. In a written reply, Minister of State for Defence Ajay Bhatt informed the Rajya Sabha. The Minister said that numerous measures have been initiated to fill the vacancies and encourage youth to join the armed forces. What’s behind this recruitment shortfall? What’s its impact and what are its implications?

Over 1.55 lakh posts are vacant in the three armed forces, i.e., Army, Navy and Air Force. 1.36 Lakh vacancies are in Indian Army alone, Govt informed the Parliament. In a written reply, Minister of State for Defence Ajay Bhatt informed the Rajya Sabha. The Minister said that numerous measures have been initiated to fill the vacancies and encourage youth to join the armed forces. What’s behind this recruitment shortfall? What’s its impact and what are its implications?
There is no shortage of applicants and aspirants for the forces. They deliberately keep the no. Of vacancies low and keep a portion of them unfilled for reasons best know to them. For example, in order to join the tri services as an officer you have to give the NDA exam. Every 6 months 550,000 candidates write the exam and give SSB but only 400 make it to the merit list. Even out of those 400 , only 300-320 manage to join the academy after some are boarded out due to medical reasons or change of heart

The aim is to cut down the non combat numbers. The issue is gov cannot say that we are reducing "govt jobs". So they didn't recruit during the COVID. That pretty much works to their plan.

Reducing the non combatant's numbers and not having to announce that to the public.

Back
Top Bottom