What's new

India’s Mars orbiter completes six years at the red planet, but where is the science?

what a retard , somebody report this scum .

Your mama is retard Hindu rape faggot. Stop begging on this forum RSS rape fanatic. No one is interested in your rape fantasies. Take a quick hike and GTFO here. Beggar.

Anyone can do nothing and sit on their posteriors whole time. Thats Pakistan's Space agency for you.

We won't waste any money on a BS muscle flexing project. Our people need this money more than a projectile.

What is even the purpose of wasting money on a project whilst your people die out of hunger? You are too stupid to admit the truth.

A one time 70 million dollars expense return double or triple that amount in few years? I will take that chance any day.

Like I said before.....all that profit will not do any good if it gets wasted on other ventures....another cost eating one like buying 30 drone systems for $3B. That's $100M per drone system.

Source: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/indi...-eye-on-border-with-china-reports-say.685870/ (I also tagged you in this thread but you have been quiet on the matter...)

What good is a Mars Orbiter if you can't build good drones? Talk about running before walking...

On the other hand, let me remind you that the Burraq drone of Pakistan was made with a lot less budget & PR stunts. Priorities, am I right? :rolleyes:

@Itachi Since we are talking profit and loss, lets look at the profits of commercial arm of SUPARO, if there is one. Care to compare?
That's a thing about "profit" in government owned entities....the numbers are never true. Such a high profitability isn't possible unless you do some funny accounting which given that it's the Indian govt., can't be ruled out.

I see you still didn't get what I was alluding to.......one highly profitable company in a sea of profit eating ones versus a sea of low profitable companies, which would you choose?

Any profit Ankrish makes are put towards operating unprofitable companies and ventures...

Again, Amazon, like SpaceX is a private company. Either way, most of Amazon's profits come from its AWS business ventures.

Similarly....I would like to see where the "24%" profits are coming from.....in the end.....they're all investments from the Indian government....any profit gets gobbled up and in the bigger picture.....you get a net loss under the circumstances which are present in India.

See what I wrote above.

SUPARCO......not suparo :rolleyes:

SUPARCO, like NASA, doesn't need to generate a profit.....since it's a govt. owned entity. For a $36M budget...yes, you read that write.....for what it has already achieved is mind boggling since no other govt. has done so much with so little.

And the $36M budget is what it has been allocated......the actual given amount is much lower...

according to fawwad chowdhry suparco launched hubble telescope :omghaha:
in last seventy years .

We won't waste any money on a BS muscle flexing project. Our people need this money more than a projectile.

What is even the purpose of wasting money on a project whilst your people die out of hunger? You are too stupid to admit the truth.

all this is beyond your auqat .

according to fawwad chowdhry suparco launched hubble telescope :omghaha:
in last seventy years .

And we condemn Fawad Chaudhry, he's a laughing stock like this PR stunt of yours. No wonder you remember him. :lol:

Please tell me what else does the almighty Mangalyaan has...something that works

Lets see :

Mars Exospheric Neutral Composition Analyser (MENCA) which is a mass analyzer
Here are its results :
This study is first of its kind to observe direct interaction of solar radiation on martian atmosphere, contibute for the steady escape and increase in population of [O] in the exosphere.
hese observations indicate significant suprathermal CO2 and Ar populations in the Martian exosphere. Significant wave‐like perturbations are observed but only on certain days when suprathermal population is seen. Pickup ion‐induced heating is discussed as the other viable source.

MCC

Methane Sensor for Mars
Based on MSM apparent SWIR albedo values, three classes (high, intermediate and low albedo values) are defined, which show a clear elevation dependency. Variation of weekly average apparent albedo during the study period over Syrtis Major, Daedalia Planum and Valles Marineris region, respectively, is presented.

Thermal Infrared Imaging Spectrometer

Lets see :

Mars Exospheric Neutral Composition Analyser (MENCA) which is a mass analyzer
Here are its results :

MCC

Methane Sensor for Mars

Thermal Infrared Imaging Spectrometer

Could have just asked to borrow NASA's data (for a lesser price) instead of wasting $70M on worthless data...even your country men agree with me on the worthlessness of this orbiter.

Could have just asked to borrow NASA's data (for a lesser price) instead of wasting $70M on worthless data...even your country men agree with me on the worthlessness of this orbiter.
Prove it that all the research presented can be done using purely NASA data.

If you cann't then accept it that you don't know what you are talking about.

BTW, if it were possible to come to the conclusions that these papers did using purely NASA's data, why the hell anyone will wait for India to do it. NASA's own scientists and their own universities will jump on it to publish that.

Prove it that all the research presented can be done using purely NASA data.

If you cann't then accept it that you don't know what you are talking about.

BTW, if it were possible to come to the conclusions that these papers did using purely NASA's data, why the hell anyone will wait for India to do it. NASA's own scientists and their own universities will jump on it to publish that.

What use is research that isn't beneficial or isn't going to provide any benefit? Again, you're talking like a space enthusiast, not an actual engineer. Gotta be pragmatic when spending $70M.

even your country men agree with me on the worthlessness of this orbiter.
India is a nation of 1.3 billion people. Why do you expect all of them to agree on anything? There will be people who think space research is a waste. Do you have a count of all the people (lets limit it to experts only) who actually agree that Indian mission was worth it?

To come to conclusion that "X is Y" purely based on opinions of "experts", you need to survey opinion of experts on both the side of argument. You have just one article written by one single person.

What use is research that isn't beneficial or isn't going to provide any benefit? Again, you're talking like a space enthusiast, not an actual engineer. Gotta be pragmatic when spending $70M.
Good!

Whats the use of ANY research if it cannot provide an immediate benefit?

When they researched quantum tunnelling effect, did they knew that their research will help in semiconductor industry? They did not.

Coronavirus was charecterized in 1960s. At that time it was not even known to most of the experts in the field. It was an obscure virus. Come 2020 and all of a sudden entire world is interested in it.

Research to technology is a long path. Most likely, you won't realize the worth of any investigation in long time. Until there comes a usecase for that work. And usecases are not predictable.

PS : BTW, I love how you shift the goal post and argument. Must be the effect of watching too many Naruto fillers, eh?

Last edited:
Good!

Whats the use of ANY research if it cannot provide an immediate benefit?

When they researched quantum tunnelling effect, did they knew that their research will help in semiconductor industry? They did not.

Coronavirus was charecterized in 1980s. At that time it was not even known to most of the experts in the field. It was an obscure virus. Come 2020 and all of a sudden entire world is interested in it.

Research to technology is a long path. Most likely, you won't realize the worth of any investigation in long time. Until there comes a usecase for that work. And usecases are not predictable.

You're comparing research conducted here on Earth for Earthly benefit to research conducted in space on a planet which India won't be colonizing anytime soon....

You're comparing research conducted here on Earth for Earthly benefit to research conducted in space on a planet which India won't be colonizing anytime soon....
Oh? Do you know how much research done by NASA for space program and in space program has contributed on earth, do you?
Space is a field of engineering which is multi-disciplinary and forces engineers and scientists to improvise, sometimes on the fly, LITERALLY. Thats where a hell lot of innovation comes.

Go check NASA's page on how their space research is helping on earth.

Meanwhile, unlike NASA, India's space research for Mars mission was paid off by ISRO's tech itself -- the profits from Antrix.

BTW, here are some of the ISRO's technologies being used on earth :

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom