What's new

INDIAS LONG RANGE AIR TO AIR MISSILE THE K 100

yeh mate its yj-91 development, derived from kh-31

Kh-31 is air-to-surface. It is for destroying SAMs. Similar to US HARM. So YJ-91 will be in same regard.

But I wouldnt be in the least surprised if China is building an AWACS killer. They know the threat posed by enemy AWACS, especially US ones, and will want to counter it.

But like most Chinese projects, it will be under wraps until it one day rolls out.

if this missile K-100 was developed only for PAF then whole money is wasted for sure..

LOL.. its the other way round. PAF is wasting hundreds of millions of dollars on acquiring these AWACS, which will be brought down by these missiles which are worth only a few million dollars. I suppose, its a smart investment by IAF.

i heard it from someone that this missile is not that accurate,,

what is the accuracy of this missel

Guidance is by inertial navigation until the missile is close enough to the target to use active radar for terminal homing.[1] The K-100 has an enlarged (350 mm (14 in)) derivative of the Agat 9B-1103M seeker.It has a lock-on range of 40 km (22 nmi), described by an Agat designer as "one fifth or less of the overall range(as independent guidence system.

i heard it from someone that this missile is not that accurate,,

agreed not accurate enough to shoot down fighters but accurate enough to shoot down subsonic planes like AWACS , Air refulliers etc which its intende for.

Same thread on PDF mods plz merge

There are problems in the missile, thats y the missile is still not operational

Accuracy:- Its specially esigned to kill AWACS......so dedecting Aircraft or missile and shooting is very difficult.

Speed:- Speed is less then 4000 KM and destroyed in air by an interceptor missile or Air craft..... not only that it can be destroyed from SAM missiles.

Accuracy about 40-60% to reach the taret.

CHINAS VERSION OF LONG RANGE MISSILES

20080202_04b.jpg

20080202_08a.jpg

20080202_08b.jpg

whats the range and speed of these Chines missiles ?? and are they being developed or already inducted ??

they are under development and you know generally china dont publish its defence news openly

Back
Top Bottom