What's new

India’s first human space flight likely to have woman on board

I have two points to make :

1. The ISRO program follows the early NASA program in landing the returning crew into sea. Why not return them onto land like the Russians ??

2. Instead of taking all three people from the Air Force, at least one should be non-military.

Now the fact come out that this project is announced prematurely. Why even bring up crew sex, race or caste composition when India is far from sending anyone tospace.

Sorry but how ready is China to send Chinese to Mars, compared to SpaceX ??

Or even compared to Russia which regularly takes people to the ISS.

---

@Nilgiri @Levina

1. The ISRO program follows the early NASA program in landing the returning crew into sea. Why not return them onto land like the Russians ??

Well Indian ocean is much larger target than Indian landmass. Also Indian landmass has pretty high population density compared to USSR etc (so probably best to avoid landing there imo). Americans as well were a bit fearful about having landing on the continent (As wide and open theirs is compared to India)....and hence opted for sea (given their vast Naval capability compared to Soviets). I remember reading in detail about Gagarin's mission actually, when he landed on ground...first to come up to him (after he got out and was gathering the parachute etc) was some rural farmer person....asking him if he was American spy pilot etc....and Gagarin had to go "no no comrade, I'm soviet!" heh.

2. Instead of taking all three people from the Air Force, at least one should be non-military.

I agree. Or make one from AF, one from navy and one civilian etc....and at least one should be a female.

IIRC, Armstrong was Navy...though (retd.) civilian at the time of the US space program (joined as test pilot with NACA...which would later become NASA). Fun fact... we still use "NACA" in our designations for airfoils.

@anant_s @Joe Shearer @jbgt90 @padamchen @Mage @Game.Invade @GeraltofRivia

They just have to complicate the first project by inflating the requirements.

Well Indian ocean is much larger target than Indian landmass. Also Indian landmass has pretty high population density compared to USSR etc (so probably best to avoid landing there imo). Americans as well were a bit fearful about having landing on the continent (As wide and open theirs is compared to India)....and hence opted for sea (given their vast Naval capability compared to Soviets). I remember reading in detail about Gagarin's mission actually, when he landed on ground...first to come up to him (after he got out and was gathering the parachute etc) was some rural farmer person....asking him if he was American spy pilot etc....and Gagarin had to go "no no comrade, I'm soviet!" heh.

I agree. Or make one from AF, one from navy and one civilian etc....and at least one should be a female.

IIRC, Armstrong was Navy...though (retd.) civilian at the time of the US space program (joined as test pilot with NACA...which would later become NASA). Fun fact... we still use "NACA" in our designations for airfoils.

The idea was to get fast jet pilots, whether Air Force, Navy or Marines. There were none in the Army, and no civilians. This was uniform until the time that the process had stabilised to the extent that NASA could afford diversification.

haha, that Gagarin story is funny. I bet these farmers would be pretty pissed and confused (where the heck is heads up comrade?!) to see him landed on their crop field.

Has any human ever been born on space? You already know whats gonna go on in that rocket ship. ;)

@OsmanAli98

IMG_49344.jpg

None of those shown any sight of ready. They are only experimental equipment and not full ready set which is no where near ready to carry out manned mission.

All of those are successful experiments. And, the Manned Mission has only just been announced. This is the Schedule. Two Unmanned Missions before the Manned Mission.

P6J9Ta.jpg

All of those are successful experiments. And, the Manned Mission has only just been announced. This is the Schedule. Two Unmanned Missions before the Manned Mission.

P6J9Ta.jpg
You indian is desperate to just prove a point. Successful experiment is just a small step towards manned mission. They are large number of critical equipment needed onboard those experimental set needed in order to be a full pledge manned spacecraft. Where is those data? Zero. Sure it can goes to space and come back to earth. I doubt a human can survive that.

There is a big differences between experimental set vs real full pledge manned set testing.

Back
Top Bottom