What's new

India’s Emerging Blue-Water Navy

The indian naval power is becoming the real game changer for the region. I hope Pakistan, after recovering economically, focuses on establishing our naval power.
Unfortunately not yet.
There are glaring deficiencies - of the crippling sort.

For starters
1. No Long range SAM on our capital ships. This is practically the MOST crucial acquisition which ensures safety of capital ships during conflict. Without it, the probability of the ship getting shot by missiles is ridiculously high. Barak 1 and Kashtan are not sufficient.

2. No modern submarines. 6 Scorpenes are being built, but at the minimum we need 6 more - for which the govt has not signed any deal.

3. No dedicated AAW frigates.

As of now its not.
I would say IN requires 10 years more before it becomes in true form what you say - a 'game changer'.

only empty pledge won't help, hard strengh tells everything. India messing with China in SCS is actually asking China make more presence in Indian ocean. I bet you loose in this one.

Yes, it is.
open you eyes...World is not only North Korea and Pakistan.

Unfortunately not yet.

For starters
1. No Long range SAM on our capital ships. This is practically the MOST crucial acquisition which ensures safety of capital ships during conflict. Without it, the probability of the ship getting shot by missiles is ridiculously high. Barak 1 and Kashtan are not sufficient.

2. No modern submarines. 6 Scorpenes are being built, but at the minimum we need 6 more - for which the govt has not signed any deal.

As of now its not.
I would say IN requires 10 years more before it becomes in true form what you say - a 'game changer'.
You missed out long pending Medium/ASW choppers.

Why then, may I dare ask, you have deployed 80% of your armed forces including your navy against Pakistan and not against China which you consider your enemy number one.

You are taking more measures to defend yourself - this is exactly my point. When you need more measures to defend yourself from Pakistan and China which surround you on land, with what force would you project your power to come out of being a regional bully. And in this regional bully capacity as well, you can only bully Bhutan, Nepal and Bangladesh may be.

You people have dichotomies in your strategic thinking and the realities that abound you.
China is not stupid like some one else... who always try to enter in emptied armed posts... border along with china is always been peaceful except few negligee...

there is a reason for that..USN has negligible presence in IOR..Diego Garcia will be vacated soon,their only major presence in IOR..their almost entire resources will be diverted to Pacific and Atlantic.so,which country will have power to control it???use your brain..Nowhere nobody claimed IN is superior..but it is superior when force projection in IOR.no major navy is here,and we're co-operating multiple countries to secure this region.eg. we are installing radars on almost all the atols of Maldives and bringing it into our matrix.so goes other countries in which we've installed listening stations..we have helos that patrols Maldives and the surrounding waters,warships that patrols from horn of africa to Malacca Straits..and we are trying to control this region via co-operations,unlike China.

In 20 years, US navy will have a carrier task force station in India. And its because India will beg US to station bases there. India badly need protection now and in 20 years, it will be more so.

In 20 years, US navy will have a carrier task force station in India. And its because India will beg US to station bases there. India badly need protection now and in 20 years, it will be more so.
ya..like india will have station in bejing and shanghai and taiwan in 20 years

Unfortunately not yet.

For starters

As of now its not.

If India has no long range SAM, than it won't stand a chance against modern Anti ship missile as they can easily get within 200 miles of Indian ships and fire a salvo of missile at the carrier. Why build all these ships without first get the effective SAM? India should get the aegis before create another carrier task force.

India should just buy the subs off the shelve. That is the fastest way to get a sub.

ya..like india will have station in bejing and shanghai and taiwan in 20 years

You are just trolling while I'm being serious. What I'm say is likely. What you are saying will never happen.

If India has no long range SAM, than it won't stand a chance against modern Anti ship missile as they can easily get within 200 miles of Indian ships and fire a salvo of missile at the carrier. Why build all these ships without first get the effective SAM? India should get the aegis before create another carrier task force.

India should just buy the subs off the shelve. That is the fastest way to get a sub.
The thing is that IN does have Barak 1 and SA-N series of SAM's on its ships apart from CIWS.
But nothing as long ranged as 100kms + SAM.

So it can deal with fewer attacks, not a massed volley.
On the other hand, there is no Navy in the IOR that has the ability to send massed volley's of AShM's on Indian vessels from safety bar USN.

Therefore, it might not be good, but it is more than enough for the region. Our Navy is far larger than the rest of South Asia's Navy put together.

The assets I mentioned are under the build phase, they are being built in the dockyards but the yards are inefficient and take time. Subs are bought and built in India. Even the french Scorpenes are being built in India.

You are just trolling while I'm being serious. What I'm say is likely. What you are saying will never happen.
troller telling people you are trolls wtf..go play with your 8 year old..

China is not stupid like some one else... who always try to enter in emptied armed posts... border along with china is always been peaceful except few negligee...

Sure, they just walk in and picnic at will in areas supposedly 19 km inside Indian territory and go back when they decide to do so after weeks of picnicking.

Sure, they just walk in and picnic at will in areas supposedly 19 km inside Indian territory and go back when they decide to do so after weeks of picnicking.

That's what I meant by overlapping boundary lines. To us, it is our territory. To them, it's theirs. But what you should take away from this that they withdrew without firing/getting fired upon. To a Pakistani, it's a difficult thing to comprehend I guess. :partay:

That's what I meant by overlapping boundary lines. To us, it is our territory. To them, it's theirs. But what you should take away from this that they withdrew without firing/getting fired upon. To a Pakistani, it's a difficult thing to comprehend I guess. :partay:

Sure they withdrew without firing because the Indians submitted to their demands.

In 20 years,you'll be in wheel chair and will need a nurse to push it..its best for you that you should quit thinking about India and start your future planning..

Even Aegis can't protect against large volley of ASHMs..actually,none can.but Barak-8 will be more than capable to counter what is more or less actual threat.why do you always come up with your figment of imaginations???

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom