What's new

India’s BJP chief Amit Shah calls Khaleda

fallen_soldier

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
India’s BJP chief Amit Shah calls Khaleda

india's ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President Amit Shah has spoken to BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia over telephone, an aide says. Khaleda has been at her Gulshan office since Saturday after police cordoned it off.

The former prime minister had reportedly fallen sick after police used pepper spray on her supporters inside her office on Jan 5.

Shah called at around 10:30pm on Wednesday to inquire about Khaleda's health, her Press Secretary Maruf Kamal Khan told the media Thursday.

He wished the former prime minister a swift recovery, Khan added.

Khaleda thanked the BJP president for inquiring about her.

The press secretary said the party chief had recovered a bit.

Recent Indian media reports claimed the BNP had approached the BJP to "restore democracy in Bangladesh".
Source: bdnews24

What a shameful act. Bnp will even sell the country to get the throne :mad:

Was she asking too high a price that Amit Shah had to be involved? Generally a lowly intern in Raw should suffice to deal with this begum.

Yes it is a wonder why your officials chose to ignore such sagacious advice.....

What a shameful act. Bnp will even sell the country to get the throne :mad:

This conclusion was reached through what evidence ..... Please elaborate

This conclusion was reached through what evidence ..... Please elaborate

Consulting with Indians mean selling the country, simple PDF logic no evidence necessary :D

Recent Indian media reports claimed the BNP had approached the BJP to "restore democracy in Bangladesh".

BJP chief Amit Shah says he did not speak to Khaleda

"Why should someone fake a report on a call that was never made?" asks BJP chief Amit Shah, a master strategist but one who loves to play low profile to his boss Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

"Are bhai maine to unhe call nahin kiya, yeh sab bakwas khabar kyon chapte hain?" (I never called her [Khaleda Zia] but why should these baseless reports be carried).

When asked why would a responsible political party in the neighbouring country make a claim about his call if that never happened, Shah seemed upset.

"Maine dusre Bangladesh media ko bhi yehi bola hain, bat karenge to kyon deny karenge par agar nahi kiya hai to khabar nahin ana chaiye," is what he said.

Roughly translated this would read: "I have told other Bangladesh media as well that if I had made the call, why would I deny, but if I have not spoken or made the call, why should such stories be floated."

And then he was keen to end this issue by reverting to West Bengal and checking on the political scene. He was keen to figure out if West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is finally going to Bangladesh.

BJP circles said Shah was initially unwilling to be drawn into the controversy but the Indian High Commission had insisted to their bosses in Delhi that the BJP as a party should clarify its stand to spare them any embarrassment.

The controversy started with Khaleda Zia's spokesperson Maruf Kamal Khan not only claiming but later insisting that Shah had called Khaleda to enquire about her health and BNP leader Ruhul Kabir Rizvi going a step further to claim that he had indeed condemned her confinement.

Two US Congressmen have come out with similar angry denials after reports floated that they had condemned Khaleda's 'confinement' and the government crackdown on the blockade.

The UK-based IB Times had said that a senior aide of Khaleda's son Tarique Rahman had sent them the statement about the US Congressmen's purported views on Bangladesh politics.

BJP chief Amit Shah says he did not speak to Khaleda -
bdnews24.com

bd media makes such fake news all the time... although I wish he called... nothing wrong in having good relation with neighbouring country and their leaders.

Amit Shah spoke to Khaleda, BNP insists

The BNP has reaffirmed its claim that India's ruling BJP president has spoken to Khaleda Zia even though Amit Shah himself has rubbished such reports. In a statement on Saturday, Khaleda's Press Secretary Maruf Kamal Khan insisted the conversation had indeed taken place. Khan on Thursday told the media that Shah had called the BNP chief to enquire about her health on Wednesday night. But several BJP leaders told bdnews24.com that it was highly unlikely, though the BNP stuck to its claim. Several Bangladeshi news media contacted Shah on Saturday amid the confusion.

"I never called her (Khaleda Zia) but why should these baseless reports be carried?" the BJP chief told bdnews24.com. He made similar remarks to Ekattor TV and Channel24. Khan swiftly issued a statement dubbing the TV reports "propaganda". "I'd like to reaffirm that the information I gave was 100 percent correct," he said. Khaleda has been at her Gulshan office since Jan 3 when police barred her from going to the Naya Paltan headquarters. She reportedly fell sick when police used pepper spray on her supporters inside the office premises two days later. The BNP chief has not directly addressed the media since calling for a nationwide indefinite transport blockade.

"I'm reiterating that Khaleda Zia had a telephone conversation with Mr Amit Shah in my presence," the press secretary further claimed. The party faced strong criticism from two US Congressmen after reports claimed they had condemned Khaleda's 'confinement'.UK-based IB Times said a senior aide of Khaleda's son Tarique Rahman had sent them the statement about the Congressmen's purported views on Bangladesh politics.

Speaking to bdnews24.com, Shah said: "I have told other Bangladesh media as well that if I had made the call, why would I deny, but if I have not spoken or made the call, why should such stories be floated." But Khan insisted that the BJP chief was too busy to give an interview to any foreign media. He said he was not questioning whether Shah had indeed had talked to the media. "I hope everyone will refrain from attempts to make a simple issue complex to divert attention from other important issues and bring an end to this debate here," Khan said.

Amit Shah spoke to Khaleda, BNP insists -
bdnews24.com

BJP chief Amit Shah says he did not speak to Khaleda

"Why should someone fake a report on a call that was never made?" asks BJP chief Amit Shah, a master strategist but one who loves to play low profile to his boss Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

"Are bhai maine to unhe call nahin kiya, yeh sab bakwas khabar kyon chapte hain?" (I never called her [Khaleda Zia] but why should these baseless reports be carried).

When asked why would a responsible political party in the neighbouring country make a claim about his call if that never happened, Shah seemed upset.

"Maine dusre Bangladesh media ko bhi yehi bola hain, bat karenge to kyon deny karenge par agar nahi kiya hai to khabar nahin ana chaiye," is what he said.

Roughly translated this would read: "I have told other Bangladesh media as well that if I had made the call, why would I deny, but if I have not spoken or made the call, why should such stories be floated."

And then he was keen to end this issue by reverting to West Bengal and checking on the political scene. He was keen to figure out if West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is finally going to Bangladesh.

BJP circles said Shah was initially unwilling to be drawn into the controversy but the Indian High Commission had insisted to their bosses in Delhi that the BJP as a party should clarify its stand to spare them any embarrassment.

The controversy started with Khaleda Zia's spokesperson Maruf Kamal Khan not only claiming but later insisting that Shah had called Khaleda to enquire about her health and BNP leader Ruhul Kabir Rizvi going a step further to claim that he had indeed condemned her confinement.

Two US Congressmen have come out with similar angry denials after reports floated that they had condemned Khaleda's 'confinement' and the government crackdown on the blockade.

The UK-based IB Times had said that a senior aide of Khaleda's son Tarique Rahman had sent them the statement about the US Congressmen's purported views on Bangladesh politics.

BJP chief Amit Shah says he did not speak to Khaleda -
bdnews24.com
BJP President Amit Shah calls Bangladesh's opposition leader Khaleda Zia

BJP President Amit Shah has telephoned Bangladesh's opposition leader and BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia to enquire about her health. Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) chief Zia has been confined to her Gulshan office since Saturday after police cordoned off the area to prevent her from taking part in anti-government protests.

The former prime minister had reportedly fallen sick after police used pepper spray on her supporters inside her office on January 5. Shah called Zia at around 10:30 pm (local time) on Wednesday to enquire about Khaleda's health, her Press Secretary Maruf Kamal Khan told PTI.

He wished the former prime minister a swift recovery, Khan said. Zia thanked the BJP president for enquiring about her health. The press secretary said Zia had recovered a bit.

Police confined 69-year-old Zia to her office in the capital for the sixth day today in a bid to halt the protests marking the first anniversary of the controversial polls in the country that were won by the Awami League headed by her arch-rival Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.

Its high time RAW become active in BD and destroy all the jamatis and islamic terrorists.

BJP is seeing tide against india installed genocidal Awami regime turning and simply trying sail to the wind like opportunists. Bangladeshis know they went through repression, genocide and looting because of india - these facts will not change.

BUT it is REALLY matter for Awami genocidal regime and Awami terrorists because their source of power was india rather than Bangladeshi people. Moreover, knowing indian regime going to dump Awami genocidal regime as double face opportunist, having a devastating impact on Awami terrorists. That is why BNP publicized the news.

Otherwise, it is a non issue for BNP or for any Bangladeshis if BJP contacted anyone.

Back
Top Bottom