What's new

India's Air Force to buy last remaining US-built C-17

Read the article again, it's about shortage of spare parts and pilots genius. Yes, I took an example of the marines having spare parts issue with their AIRCRAFT and then you fren made a fuss about it, therefore now I am showing an air force example. Basically, telling you that alot of parts are not produced anymore for legacy aircraft and hence they are scavenging from old planes. If this is happening in the US, what about the C-17 in the future in other countries? Can you be so sure it won't happen in say 10-15 years?

Well the other countries are not so smart like India buying the LAST aircraft that even the US is not taking in. LOL
Need to change your username to "Hans MockMan"
Really just proving to everyone here that u to how dumb u are. Comparing a fighter that will be phased out soon and replaced - to a tactical transport that will continue to serve well in the future, 10-15 yrs of course will it! we still have many transport/bombers aircraft that is still flying way passed the time the production has stopped. B52, B707, earily variants of the C130 HECK the C47 there are still few frames are used in maritime SAR role (SAAF)

SO we know how dumb u are , stop proving it to everyone :partay:

http://breakingdefense.com/2016/03/...wn-museum-f-18-for-spare-parts-how-bad-is-it/

Pretty forward thinking military indeed, buying the last aircraft of a discontinued plane. India seems to put alot of faith in predicting the future.

Since you think B-52s are gonna be in service for a few more decades, why not buy a few of them?

Indian air force is not interested in purchasing B-52s. I assume the Yanks won't sell them
what is your point ?

LOL, calling another person stupid is a reflection of your own insecurity. You don't have to reduce yourself to such a level to prove a point. I merely questioned the wisdom in buying THE LAST REMAINING AIRCRAFT. If you think there are spares for the next 30 years, so be it, because Indians always assume (could would should may), just like the Nirbhay will be operational this year or the Nag shall be the bestest weapon...LOL... because i think that is a short sighted policy. And you think US won't change to a newer plane in the next 10 years? Again you assume they won't.

if you have any evidence the C-17 will be retired in 30 years please share with us

You still don't get what the main point is, doesn't matter which branch of service, shortage of spares occur for older aircraft as in the case of the US marines, UNDERSTAND? Only a genius like India would buy the LAST REMAINING aircraft in production.

Fine, this is an air force example.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/1...ter-pilot-shortage-amid-ongoing-air-wars.html

So you are putting so much faith in the US that the C-17 will have adequate parts for another decade?

i have worked for a year for a company that supplies components for military aircraft
a lot of the components were for aircraft designed 30 years ago. I left the company 10 years ago.
they are still in business supplying components for older aircraft designs.

Indian air force is not interested in purchasing B-52s. I assume the Yanks won't sell them
what is your point ?

if you have any evidence the C-17 will be retired in 30 years please share with us
Well, he was so sure that even the B-52s are having no parts problem.

Can you provide me evidence that India will get those parts in 30 years time if there are some in storage? Or are all the parts going to be produced in 30 years time?

i have worked for a year for a company that supplies components for military aircraft
a lot of the components were for aircraft designed 30 years ago. I left the company 10 years ago.
they are still in business supplying components for older aircraft designs.
I am sure they are metallic components that can be fabricated for 30 year old aircraft, but my main point is, if even the US forces are scavenging old parts due to non-availability, the risk are high for India

Need to change your username to "Hans MockMan"
Really just proving to everyone here that u to how dumb u are. Comparing a fighter that will be phased out soon and replaced - to a tactical transport that will continue to serve well in the future, 10-15 yrs of course will it! we still have many transport/bombers aircraft that is still flying way passed the time the production has stopped. B52, B707, earily variants of the C130 HECK the C47 there are still few frames are used in maritime SAR role (SAAF)

SO we know how dumb u are , stop proving it to everyone :partay:
The point is, it is not phased out yet and it's already having parts issue, and you are so sure 10-15 years down the road the USAF won't phase out the C-130? So much faith in a country whose forces are already cannibalizing parts for legacy aircraft.

I am sure some planes have parts in storage, but are you sure India will be the one given the priority to access it first? Ex: if America does another MID-EAST D DAY.

Can you provide me evidence that India will get those parts in 30 years time if there are some in storage? Or are all the parts going to be produced in 30 years time?

I am sure they are metallic components that can be fabricated for 30 year old aircraft, but my main point is, if even the US forces are scavenging old parts due to non-availability, the risk are high for India

The point is, it is not phased out yet and it's already having parts issue, and you are so sure 10-15 years down the road the USAF won't phase out the C-130? So much faith in a country whose forces are already cannibalizing parts for legacy aircraft.

I am sure some planes have parts in storage, but are you sure India will be the one given the priority to access it first? Ex: if America does another MID-EAST D DAY.

Stupidity still showing HAN, u just read one article that mentioned ONLY one Type of FIGHTER and u make it as the WHOLE Fix wings assets of the USA are facing the same problem!!

C17 is flying with 7 countries including NATO so YES IN MANY yrs there will be spares and NOT Stupid as u and INDIA doesn't NEED risk assessment from u, who can't even grasp a simple and clear reply from @wiseone2 , who has worked in the industry and still demand evidence - pathetic

The C130 will still be flying and there are MANY MRO apart from those in the USA that can do this , if you bother to do a little research you wouldn't be that Stupid !

eg

http://www.aviationpros.com/press_r...livers-first-modernised-c130-aircraft-to-rsaf

Stupidity still showing HAN, u just read one article that mentioned ONLY one Type of FIGHTER and u make it as the WHOLE Fix wings assets of the USA are facing the same problem!!

C17 is flying with 7 countries including NATO so YES IN MANY yrs there will be spares and NOT Stupid as u and INDIA doesn't NEED risk assessment from u, who can't even grasp a simple and clear reply from @wiseone2 , who has worked in the industry and still demand evidence - pathetic

The C130 will still be flying and there are MANY MRO apart from those in the USA that can do this , if you bother to do a little research you wouldn't be that Stupid !

eg

http://www.aviationpros.com/press_r...livers-first-modernised-c130-aircraft-to-rsaf
Sometimes I wonder how 'smart' it is in buying the last aircraft in production. I am using one example as a wake up call in having your balls clutched by the US. You are assuming all will be dandy without understanding the risk in buying an aircraft no more in production. I guess most of you guys live in a bollywood dream anyway oblivious to the starving dark skinned kid on the streets of Chennai or Bangalore or Delhi or Mumbai and open defecation on the train tracks. Imagine how much these millions of dollar would have done for India. Instead you go and import an aircraft, I would have respected you more if you had attempted to build your own Y-20. Another import syndrome basket case country.

Sometimes I wonder how 'smart' it is in buying the last aircraft in production. I am using one example as a wake up call in having your balls clutched by the US. You are assuming all will be dandy without understanding the risk in buying an aircraft no more in production. I guess most of you guys live in a bollywood dream anyway.
Stupidity is thy name , just gave u an example of an MRO other than the US, gave examples of other frames that are still flying way pass the time their production lines closed
11925%206877%20East%20London%20Air%20show%20Ben%20Schoeman%20FAEL%209%20June%202007%20Gary%20Shephard.jpg

here is an WW2 C 47 flying with the SAAF in operation storie ie Maritime./SAR

Pathetic!!

Sometimes I wonder how 'smart' it is in buying the last aircraft in production. I am using one example as a wake up call in having your balls clutched by the US. You are assuming all will be dandy without understanding the risk in buying an aircraft no more in production. I guess most of you guys live in a bollywood dream anyway oblivious to the starving dark skinned kid on the streets of Chennai or Bangalore or Delhi or Mumbai and open defecation on the train tracks. Imagine how much these millions of dollar would have done for India. Instead you go and import an aircraft, I would have respected you more if you had attempted to build your own Y-20. Another import syndrome basket case country.

WOW, a commie who is the slave of the CCP for decades talking about respect?. That's a bit much.

As for your "concern", Boeing has its maintenance and servicing plants in India, so our purchases that include fleets of C17's, P8i's, 787 dreamliners etc will be sufficiently maintained and supplied.

Y20 is a joke, stolen designs, stolen tech, rundown Russian engines coupled with sloppy Chinese crap..

Stupidity is thy name , just gave u an example of an MRO other than the US, gave examples of other frames that are still flying way pass the time their production lines closed
11925%206877%20East%20London%20Air%20show%20Ben%20Schoeman%20FAEL%209%20June%202007%20Gary%20Shephard.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accidents_and_incidents_involving_the_DC-3

here is an WW2 C 47 flying with the SAAF in operation storie ie Maritime./SAR

Pathetic!!
Are you implying India would still be flying those planes even if no spares are available? LOL

I am sure it is reliable using all those scavenged parts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accidents_and_incidents_involving_the_DC-3

https://www.amazon.com/Douglas-DC-3-80-Glorious-Years/dp/1781551030
However, the days of DC-3 operations are now nearing an end thanks to spares unavailability,

WOW, a commie who is the slave of the CCP for decades talking about respect?. That's a bit much.

As for your "concern", Boeing has its maintenance and servicing plants in India, so our purchases that include fleets of C17's, P8i's, 787 dreamliners etc will be sufficiently maintained and supplied.

Y20 is a joke, stolen designs, stolen tech, rundown Russian engines coupled with sloppy Chinese crap..
Wow an Indy who is a slave of the Brahmins is questioning me about respect.

Pathetic country who still needs to import shit load of stuff insulting Y-20, what a joke! LOL Do you have a 'indigenous' transport plane? No right? You freaking still need to import rifles for god sake. LOSERS

Are you implying India would still be flying those planes even if no spares are available? LOL

I am sure it is reliable using all those scavenged parts.

https://www.amazon.com/Douglas-DC-3-80-Glorious-Years/dp/1781551030

Wow an Indy who is a slave of the Brahmins is questioning me about respect.

Pathetic country who still needs to import shit load of stuff insulting Y-20, what a joke! LOL Do you have a 'indigenous' transport plane? No right? You freaking still need to import rifles for god sake. LOSERS
Now Pathetic is Thy Name ... Look carefully is the SAAF and its 2016 , A WW2 Aircraft that is flying since the 1930s ie more than 85 yrs and continue to do so , is using scavenged part???? lol ... pathetic are u!!... all these frames have being upgraded with new engines !!! so where is using scavenged parts?

Now Pathetic is Thy Name ... Look carefully is the SAAF and its 2016 , A WW2 Aircraft that is flying since the 1930s ie more than 85 yrs and continue to do so , is using scavenged part???? lol ... pathetic are u!!... all these frames have being upgraded with new engines !!! so where is using scavenged parts?
So if the parts are not produced anymore, where are they getting the part?

A) They don't change the parts at all, which explains the incidents
B) They are using scavenged parts because they are still alot of WW2 era planes in the boneyard.

https://books.google.com.my/books?i...sc=y#v=onepage&q=dc-3 scavenged parts&f=false
if thousands had not been scavenged for parts

So if the parts are not produced anymore, where are they getting the part?

A) They don't change the parts at all, which explains the incidents
B) They are using scavenged parts because they are still alot of WW2 era planes in the boneyard.

https://books.google.com.my/books?id=u07G_akZGmIC&pg=PA48&lpg=PA48&dq=dc-3+scavenged+parts&source=bl&ots=Nv-VO90XLR&sig=OVnBbPwG96nux7nXAy8ZKOMGB80&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=dc-3 scavenged parts&f=false
LLLOLOLOLOLLOLOL :omghaha: Quoting from a FLIGHT Magazine from Oct 1953!!!!! beyond pathetic!!!!!

do u know the difference between a vintage flight and a Operational one???

SAAF are operational ie used for Maritime SAR and EW ....

C-47TP Turbo Dakota
display_photo.jpg

Manufacturer: Douglas

Country of Manufacture: United States

Description:
The most widely used transport aircraft of World War Two, the DC3/C47 has been in SAAF service since 1943. In the early 1990s several were modernised with, inter alia ,turboprops replacing the piston engines and a fuselage extension.

Another example pf Upgrade

Basler BT-67

BT-67

A Kenn Borek Air Basler BT-67 at Williams Field, Antarctica (2008)
Role Cargo aircraft
Manufacturer Basler Turbo Conversions
Introduction January 1990
Number built 58[1]
Unit cost US$4.5 million, US$6.5 million as of 2012.[2]
Developed from Douglas DC-3
The Basler BT-67 is a utility aircraft produced by Basler Turbo Conversions of Oshkosh, Wisconsin. It is a remanufactured and modified Douglas DC-3; the modifications designed to significantly extend the DC-3's serviceable lifetime. The conversion includes fitting the airframe with new Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-67R turboprop engines, lengthening the fuselage, strengthening the airframe, upgrading the avionics, and making modifications to the wings' leading edges and wing tips.

LLLOLOLOLOLLOLOL :omghaha: Quoting from a FLIGHT Magazine from Oct 1953!!!!! beyond pathetic!!!!!

do u know the difference between a vintage flight and a Operational one???

SAAF are operational ie used for Maritime SAR and EW ....

C-47TP Turbo Dakota
display_photo.jpg

Manufacturer: Douglas

Country of Manufacture: United States

Description:
The most widely used transport aircraft of World War Two, the DC3/C47 has been in SAAF service since 1943. In the early 1990s several were modernised with, inter alia ,turboprops replacing the piston engines and a fuselage extension.

Another example pf Upgrade

Basler BT-67

BT-67

A Kenn Borek Air Basler BT-67 at Williams Field, Antarctica (2008)
Role Cargo aircraft
Manufacturer Basler Turbo Conversions
Introduction January 1990
Number built 58[1]
Unit cost US$4.5 million, US$6.5 million as of 2012.[2]
Developed from Douglas DC-3
The Basler BT-67 is a utility aircraft produced by Basler Turbo Conversions of Oshkosh, Wisconsin. It is a remanufactured and modified Douglas DC-3; the modifications designed to significantly extend the DC-3's serviceable lifetime. The conversion includes fitting the airframe with new Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-67R turboprop engines, lengthening the fuselage, strengthening the airframe, upgrading the avionics, and making modifications to the wings' leading edges and wing tips.

You are beating a dead horse mate.

Correction, you are actually beating a horse pretending to be dead.

USA has supported legacy aircraft pretty well. They have a good track record in the past.
Keep in mind the cannablizing of parts occurs for budget reasons.

butter versus guns is a valid question. the ability of Indian industry to produce a C-17 type aircraft is questionable. Importing is the only option available

butter versus guns is a valid question. the ability of Indian industry to produce a C-17 type aircraft is questionable. Importing is the only option available

HAL has worked on two civilian transport types over the last five decades: producing 89 Avros between 1964 and 1984, followed by manufacture of the Dornier Do-228 passenger/utility aircraft from 1984.

“Considering the current situation where a limited number of models of 50-80 seater aircraft are already developed and in service.

HAL has asked for an airplane not only capable of regular passenger and cargo operations but also have the ability to be configured for military roles such as: transport, maritime surveillance and electronic intelligence gathering.

Back
Top Bottom